• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Re: Bat gear

Let it be known across the land that I have every intention of starting to convert these items to 6th edition rules. Slow going but it is in the works. Also, again so that you know when I hit the items that I have not done in 5th I will be doing them in both

So I am working on this some, and came to the camera.

What a simple piece of equipment, but it has caused me a bit of a problem of theory.

See I think a more likely piece of equipment would be a digital camera, with video and uplink ability.

To this end I could eaither keep the project "pure" and only put what was seen, or I could put a more, let us say organic, that would include pieces of equipment that are inspired by others

So I ask for the wisdom of herodom assembled, what should I do?

so here is the camera version 2.0

Camera 2.0: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) +5 with INT Roll (10 Active Points); Only to recall Data (-1), OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus +4 PER with Normal Sight (4 Active Points); Only to offset darkness penalties (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus +6 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus +6 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2)

You would wound't you? It actualy is there, in a round about way.

See I do not personaly agree with putting limitations on talents, or putting them in frameworks, so instead I require them to be built with powers. According to the back of 6E Eiditic memory is built as +5 to INT Rolls, with a -1 limitation "Only to recall memorised information" limitation, you will see that is part of the build.

I also stretched the rules a bit by rebuying nightvision, same idea, but used the cheaper single sense version. a 100 rules compliant version would look something like this

Camera 2.0 (rules legal): (Total: 29 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus Nightvision (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus +4 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (6 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus +6 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing (3 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 1)

• 1 month later...

Ok, looking at the teaser again, in the episode Bats improvises it to blow open a car door, seems kind of high power for what looks like an antipersonel weapon, so we need something that will do a fair amount of damage to a car, but not kill most people...

Also for personal reasons I think I will start building UT Belt Items a little more powerful, 31 or 32 active points I think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Batgear can be simulated using special effects, and skills

Tracking gear for example can be handled with Bugging, Concealment, and Sleight of Hand.

The various weapons in the Utility Belt can be taken care of with Various Special Effects [Any] (+1/2) and Various Advantages [Any +1/2] (+1), along with the traditional Flash, Darkness, Physical EB, EB NND, and Entangle.

Fast Draw is a must have skill for the Utility Belt.

Batgear can be simulated using special effects, and skills

Tracking gear for example can be handled with Bugging, Concealment, and Sleight of Hand.

This is more true for a Heroic level game where equipment is free and may not even have to be written up than for a Supers level game where you pay for each thing. The fact that you know how to bug a room, how to conceal something, and can even do it right under someones nose does not equate to having placed a tracker on someone that relies on X type of signal and be interfeared with in a superheroic game.