Bat gear

JmOz

Re: Bat gear

Batgear can be simulated using special effects, and skills

Tracking gear for example can be handled with Bugging, Concealment, and Sleight of Hand.

The various weapons in the Utility Belt can be taken care of with Various Special Effects [Any] (+1/2) and Various Advantages [Any +1/2] (+1), along with the traditional Flash, Darkness, Physical EB, EB NND, and Entangle.

Fast Draw is a must have skill for the Utility Belt.

While I will not disagree with you, the point of this thread, and project is to practice making powers so that I can get a better understanding of the system

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously giving thought of rubbing some serial numbres off of stuff and making this into a .pdf for sale (after getting a green light from Steve and crew), call it the Vigilante Handbook or something...just an idea...

Seriously giving thought of rubbing some serial numbres off of stuff and making this into a .pdf for sale (after getting a green light from Steve and crew)' date=' call it the Vigilante Handbook or something...just an idea...[/quote']

I'll buy it.

So, as I said I was having a lot of trouble with Tear Gas, I decided that the best thing I could do is build it a bunch of different ways and let others decide which they like, so the project now has 7 versions of the stuff, that I am posting here as a bit of a preview. The last of the tear gas is power 55 on the list

Tear Gas, all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=

11 1) Tear Gas (version 1): Sight Group and Normal Smell Flash 1d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing); target holds his breath, Immunity; All Or Nothing; +0), Area Of Effect (3m Radius; +1/4), Damage Over Time, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (9-12 damage increments, damage occurs every Segment, +2 1/2) (30 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Can Be Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[6]

13 2) Tear Gas (version 2): Sight Group Flash 3d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing); target holds his breath, Immunity; All Or Nothing; +0), Area Of Effect (6m Radius; +1/2), Constant (+1/2) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Can Be Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4) - END=[6 cc]

10 3) Tear Gas (Version 3): Sight Group and Normal Smell Flash 4d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing); target holds his breath; All Or Nothing; +0), Area Of Effect (3m Radius; +1/4) (29 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Can Be Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[6]

8 4) Tear Gas (APG version): Sight Group Flash 1d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing); target holds his breath, Immunity; All Or Nothing; +0), Area Of Effect (3m Radius; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Long Term: Lasts 1 turn (+2) (19 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Can Be Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4) - END=[6 cc]

12 5) Tear Gas (APG version 2): Change Environment (-3 to Sight Group PER Rolls, Causes Physical LImitation (1/2 OCV, 1/2 DCV, 1/2 action Only, -3 PER, Negated by Con roll, per phase)), Area Of Effect (3m Radius; +1/4) (30 Active Points); 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Extra Phase each (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Can Be Deflected (-1/4) - END=[6 cc]

11 6) Tear Gas (APG Version 3): +15 PRE (Up to total of 30 Presence (6D6 PRE Attack)), AE: 3" (+0), Attack Vs Alternate Characteristic: CON (+0), Cumulative (36 Points Total) (+1/2) (30 Active Points); To make health based PRE attacks (-1), OIF (-1/2), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4) - END=

9 7) Tear Gas (APG Version 4): Entangle 1d6, 1 PD/1 ED, Attack vs Alternate Characteristic: CON (+0), Area Of Effect (3m Radius; +1/4), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks, STR only to break out (+1) (30 Active Points); Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), OIF (-1/2), Can Be Deflected (-1/4), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[6 cc]

• 2 weeks later...

I should be done with the Batman list sometime tomorow, maybe today (Going to go see Clash of the Titans at the second run theater). I am currently on item 55 of the original list, with 68 different powers written up.

My plan for right now is this:

To finish the UT Belt Items, then to start writing up each item in a prose form, combining some into one prose if they seem very similar. I am also thinking of making some variations (I like the idea of doing a Silly Sixties version, including a sexist sixties version...of some of the gadgets). I will probably work up a section on vehicles afterwards, I have an idea of doing a basic of probably 6vehicles, then add ons (so motorcycle, car, van, helicoptor, plane, boat) add ons would be weapons, defensive gadgets, etc...

I also want to do a section on larger gadgets.

Maybe a section on non-powers

Then a section on bases, thinking 3 write ups right now, a cave, subway station, warehouse. But open to other suggestions as well. When I am about 90 percent done I will start talking to Hero about publishing as a pdf

Wrap it up with a 4-5 page description of The Fox, a vigilante hero (Have his base, his car, 2-3 versions of him)

Anything else anyone can think of?

>>>44 items done

at least pose a teaser!!!

OK, shouldn't do it, but here is a updated version of his cellphone

Cell Phone: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 15 Real Cost) Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Hearing and Radio [any other Sense] (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus Built in Memory: +5 with single Skill or Characteristic Roll (10 Active Points); Only to recall stored Information (-1 1/4), OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus Internet Ready: +1 with all Non-Combat Skills (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3/4) (Real Cost: 4)

So late last night I finished Robin:greyson, Nightwing, Robin:Tim, and almost done with Batgirl

Sounds impressive, but most of there items were already done, have one last gadget on batgirl, that was a pain last time, and I am sure will be this time as well (Funny thing is I know I will probably edit it out instantly when I start putting it together

• 8 months later...

I have always thought that many of our favorite characters should be using Multiform to explain their seemingly endless array of powers and equipment.

Batman would be a prime example of this.

The base version would be Bruce Wayne. He would be the one with the money and connections, the high society and conversation skills, backed up by Combat Luck and Martial Arts to go along with the multiform. In a 250 point campaign he would have a 60 point multiform which would give him four alternate Batman versions at 250 points in addition to his Bruce Wayne identity.

The other versions would be Batplane version, Batboat, Batmobile, and of course Batman himself.

• 9 months later...

Ok all, so if you look on the first pages you will see I have deleted alot of my hard work. I have my reasons. They are personal, and in a year I hope I will be ale to explain it to Jason, then to all of you. Until then I have a bit of a project to work on...

I've been using a Cosmic VPP 10 Points, OIF (-1/2) Cost 20 Points for most Batequipment. This simulates Batman's ability to produce various items he needs.

While this is good for most non-combat powers, specifically like Enhanced Senses, Life Support, etc, it can also be used for some combat powers.

For example

EB 3d6, NND [LS: Intense Heat], [4c] (-1), OAF: Thermal Bombs (-1) Cost 10 Points

Perfect for Mr. Freeze

I have a suspicion that there are a whole bunch of people working on Hero System projects at the moment. Depending on the level of follow-through, we may be about to see a Golden Age of fan-created Hero System material. Even if a lot of it is mediocre, there are likely to be some Awesome things as well.

And yes, I spent all my quiet moments at work today thinking about what would be feasible, and what wouldn't be, and whether or not my tastes are completely out of sync with what younger people are reading these days....

Like I said, I suspect a lot of people are thinking about this kind of stuff.