Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

Good idea to give this one it's own thread. I'd been thinking about it, but hadn't actually got around to doing it. Well done!* :hail:

By the way, for those interested in contributing, all the images so far have been created using the templates found over at Fábrica de Heróis . Despite the fact that the instructions are all in Portuguese, it's actually a pretty simple app to use, and as you can tell from some of the pictures, you can get really great results.

Hope to see more artwork soon!

--

*D@mmit, Egyptiod, am I ever going to stop owing you Rep? ;)

Oregon is the Beaver state but I'd lean a lot more toward the pioneer (the capital building has a golden pioneer on top with an axe).

Almost all the character costumes so far have featured the state flag (or images therefrom) as major elements of the design. Just a thought.

Okay, Herophiles, I need your help.

I've had an idea for a heroine for my adopted home state, Utah. Given that Utah's nickname is the Beehive State, I decided to do a themed heroine: Honeybee. And I came up with two possibilities for one.

First, essentially what amounts to a Wasp clone. She has insect wings that allow her to fly. She can shrink to a tiny size. She can project energy, too, but in addition to blasting the bad guys, her energy, properly channeled, can also have healing effects. We'll call her Honeybee-1.

Second, a powered-armor heroine. On the cutting edge of Utah's respected tech sector, she built herself an armored battlesuit incorporating all the latest computer and metallurgical technology. In addition to exceptional strength and protection from harm, the armor provides her with a suite of energy powers. We'll call her Honeybee-2.

And, of course, the most important element - their respective pictures:

Honey1FH.pngHoney2FH.png

Personally, I prefer Honeybee-1. However, I also realize she steps on Ms. South Carolina's schtick a little. So I'm going to put it in your hands. Which do you folks prefer?

Pariah, you owe me no rep, I was glad I just got over 4000.

anyways, I like Honeybee-1 moreso.

don't worry about the palmetto bug,

that was kind of a lark.

besides, any of the ones I've done could probably be more thematic.

nothing is written in stone yet.

Okay, Herophiles, I need your help.

I've had an idea for a heroine for my adopted home state, Utah. Given that Utah's nickname is the Beehive State, I decided to do a themed heroine: Honeybee. And I came up with two possibilities for one.

First, essentially what amounts to a Wasp clone. She has insect wings that allow her to fly. She can shrink to a tiny size. She can project energy, too, but in addition to blasting the bad guys, her energy, properly channeled, can also have healing effects. We'll call her Honeybee-1.

Second, a powered-armor heroine. On the cutting edge of Utah's respected tech sector, she built herself an armored battlesuit incorporating all the latest computer and metallurgical technology. In addition to exceptional strength and protection from harm, the armor provides her with a suite of energy powers. We'll call her Honeybee-2.

And, of course, the most important element - their respective pictures:

Honey1FH.pngHoney2FH.png

Personally, I prefer Honeybee-1. However, I also realize she steps on Ms. South Carolina's schtick a little. So I'm going to put it in your hands. Which do you folks prefer?

Might be a little to silver age, but what about giving her an entangle (Honey attack)...reminds me of a TeenTitans character named Bumble bee...

All right, the masses have spoken! (Although I'm not sure three posts constitutes a 'mass'. :) ) And by unanimous vote, the official heroine of he state of Utah is...

Honey1FH.png

Honeybee!

Go ahead and add her to the roster, Maestro Egyptoid.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! :celebrate

All right, here's another one.

It's a little known fact that Wyoming is nicknamed the Equality State. That's because, among other reasons, Wyoming was the first state to give women the vote (1869), the first to allow women to serve on a jury (1870), and the first to elect (and inaugurate) a female governor (1924). Naturally, Wyoming's contribution to the Fifty Heroes Squad had to be a woman.

Swift as the winds that blow down from the Great Divide, strong as the mighty bison that roamed the Great Plains, and pure as the waters that flow from the snow-capped peaks of the Tetons, she stands as the guardian and protector of the state and all its people. She is....

Ms. Wyoming

MsWyoFH.png

--

(While I've never actually lived in Wyoming, I've driven across I-80 between Evanston and Laramie so many times I feel like I've lived there. If you've ever made that drive, you know what I mean. :) )

i felt inspired and just had to do the hero for Rhode Island.

Providence.

Hope Cranston is a teenage girl protected by seemingly divine providence no matter what dire peril she may be in she always seems to come out with barely a scratch.

Already a skilled athlete when she discovered this power(following a series of miraculous escapes) she decided to use it to rescue people as the hero Providence. she has no other powers beyond her remarkable ability to escape danger but her foes seem to injure themselves either by her design or accident.

well inspiration has flowed over this one so I present two more heroes

providence's mentor and Rhode islands former state champion RED.

Robert "bobby" Bristol was an investigative reporter who went to find out what was happening in a Rhode island rural community affiliated with an corrupt agrichemical business. one of the companies scientist had already turned up dead and something just wasn't right. he found out about illegal growth hormone and genetic modification experiments and the freakish mutant product tracing the experimental rejects to an illegal cock fight.

but as he snuck up to the barn holding the fight, he was caught by the companies local enforcers. They decided to silence him once and for all by giving him a close look at the mutant chickens he had come to find they threw him into the fighting pit with four enormous feral roosters and soon bobby was fighting fro his life whilst the locals placed bets on how long he'd last savaged by the berserk-er birds he was dragged from the pit covered in blood both his own and that of the chickens having killed at least one in his death struggle.

they dumped his ravaged body in a shallow grave deep in the woods confident that he was dead. but he wasn't as he lay in the cold earth his body changed the strange genetic and chemical and hormonal treatments used on the chickens altered him making him stronger faster and more resilient.

He dug himself from the shallow grave and returned to the farming community steeling a feathered costume from the local school he confronted the ring leader a terrifying undead creature he confessed everything he knew and bobby went on to expose and destroy the activities of the sinister agri-corp.

from that day on he worked by day to investigate crime and injustice as a journalist and by night to right those wrongs the authorities could as RED.

GRANITE new hampshire's favorite hero for 5 generations The granite men have watched over new Hampshire and protected it's sons in time of war.

in 1861 young William Hancock was about to head off to fight in the civil war. to prepare him self he journeyed into the woods of new Hampshire to the site of the old man of the mountain a famous landmark.

he picked up a shard of the granite beneath the site he made an oath.

that if he could be granted the strength an the resilience of the stone of this land he would defend her and her sons until his dying days as would his heirs.

Then he journeyed off to war the shard of granite held close to his heart and in his first battle as the action roared he renewed his oath and in the melee and the madness of the battle he was changed becoming a man of granite. he strode the battle field defendiing the sons of new Hampshire and helped rout the southern forces that day and on many others.

he passed the stone to his eldest son on his return who defended new hampshire from bandits and highway men and then onwards to his own son.

who served in the trenches of WWI and then fought gangsters and racketeers on his return.

The mantel passed to his own son who helped to defeat the Nazis and on into Korea. he passed the power on to his own son who served bravely in vietnam only to die tragically in a car accident shortly after the birth of his own son.

The stone returning to his father and he fought the good fight till he was too old and to tired to do so he died the start of may 2003 at the exact moment the old man of the mountain collapsed.

In his will he bequeathed the stone now held in a silver locket inscribed with the state motto " live free or die" as well as the oath to his grandson Daniel Hancock a former marine Sargent he became the latest incarnation of new hampshire's champion Granite.

Oops

oh well, our stuff is cooler...

Yes, our stuff is definitely cooler...and certified 100% Skrull-free! :thumbup:

(By the way, could you attach names to Captain Colorado and the Mountaineer on the gallery? Thanks!)