Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

The Oregon hero should be The Mighty Duck! :D

Working on Miss Forward, the Spirit of Wisconsin.

Sounds like a plan. I was getting hung up on The Badger, and how to work in humorous references to cheese, beer, Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and the Green Bay Packers.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be too cliched, but one man's cliche is another man's classic so...

Jonah "Joe" Silverman and his brother, Randy, both worked in Vegas during the 1950s. Joe in backbreaking labor by the rails, and Randy in leg breaking for the mob until the fateful accident that turned Joe into a shimmering silver skinned monster of a man. Bitter at his life being ruined, Joe was easily swayed by his brother into joining the Mafia's service as a super powered 'Bodyguard' for a local don. Increasingly, Joe noticed the jobs he was getting were less and less nice, and that the mob and brother alike saw him only as a useful tool to remove rivals. Too late, he was left holding the bag when the Feds cleaned things up, and Joe got the decades in jail the mafia types SHOULD Have gotten.

Silver tarnishes, but not as quickly as some, and on the inside, Joe cleaned himself up, and got his life right. He also had the time to do it, for he no longer aged. When his biography was published, it caused his case to be investigated again, and he was absolved of many of the crimes he'd been framed for, and some of the ones he WAS guilty of, he truly felt remorse for. Joe found himself a free man, and something of a local symbol of Nevada which also had attempted to clean itself free of organized crime's grip.

Now, Dubbed "Silver Line", for Nevada is the Silver State (and his time in jail actually became an opportunity ie a 'silver lining'), Jonah Silverman is a gruff superhero stuck somewhere between a rough past, a complex present, and a hopeful future. The skin may be silver hued, but the big heart inside is pure gold.

Yet another candidate for the smallest state's protector:

The Mighty Quahog!

Be honest.. was that because you thought Oregon looked like the Eco-Geoduck.. or because you want Oregon to be the Eco-Geoduck?

Looks good, C_R! :thumbup:

But I thought all the Seminoles were in Oklahoma now.... :confused::(

Some of the tribe was forced to move to Oklahoma after the Second Seminole War...some are in Oklahoma and some are in Florida and besides it's the mascot for my favourite College Football team.

Some of the tribe was forced to move to Oklahoma after the Second Seminole War...some are in Oklahoma and some are in Florida and besides it's the mascot for my favourite College Football team.

Ah, I see.

Well, that's all right then. Anytime Miami gets beat, it's great for me! :D

O beautiful for spacious skies,

for amber waves of grain...

Thine alabaster cities gleam...

Kentucky, Florida and Nevada are up. <<

I didnt take the other submissions seriously unless 3+ persons write me

and say "take that quahog"

the Dark Champions sister-thread is a great idea,

but its on my back burner.

I am working on:

Neptune City, Marvel Galaxies, Prince, Egyptian gods, and 50 States.
:stupid:

Power to the People...

Given Ellis Island, etc, should New York's rep be The New American, an alien refugee working 25-hours a day for the benefit of his adopted homeland?

Writing this up on a pda, so no pic - but I'ld suggest *clearly* non-human, or even humanoid, and no spandex - although an appropriate baseball cap wouldn't go astray :D

Bearing the words "Union, Justice, and Confidence" on his outfit to honor the Louisiana state motto, Red Stick uses a mix of Eskrima, Jojitsu, and french stick fighting techniques to battle crime. While his weapons are made of nearly impervious materials, Red Stick has no super powers beyond an iron willed tenacity. Nevertheless, this Baton Rouge (From which his hero name is derived) born superhero manages to hold his own with acrobatics, martial skill, and a fine tactical mind.

After a freak accident in the biology lab gave him encreased strength, speed and a warm & fuzzy coat of brown fur. A young University of Michigan takes his lover for his college and his state animal and becomes.

Wolverine

O beautiful for spacious skies' date=' [/i']

for amber waves of grain...

Thine alabaster cities gleam...

Kentucky, Florida and Nevada are up. <<

I didnt take the other submissions seriously unless 3+ persons write me

and say "take that quahog"

the Dark Champions sister-thread is a great idea,

but its on my back burner.

I am working on:

Neptune City, Marvel Galaxies, Prince, Egyptian gods, and 50 States.
:stupid:

Power to the People...

thanks egyptoid

After a freak accident in the biology lab gave him encreased strength, speed and a warm & fuzzy coat of brown fur. A young University of Michigan takes his lover for his college and his state animal and becomes.

Wolverine

Nice work, bub.

:D

State Heroine: Alabama

Born from a line of Southern "heroes" the latest Golden Hammer has sworn to become a true hero, not an oppressor still fighting the War of Northern Aggression and trying to uphold those outdated ideals. This new Golden Hammer dreams of a time when her home of Alabama will no longer be looked down on as repressed and backwards and has dedicated herself to fighting for equality.

2649055791_0132d684eb_o.jpg

State Heroine: Alabama

Born from a line of Southern "heroes" the latest Golden Hammer has sworn to become a true hero, not an oppressor still fighting the War of Northern Aggression and trying to uphold those outdated ideals. This new Golden Hammer dreams of a time when her home of Alabama will no longer be looked down on as repressed and backwards and has dedicated herself to fighting for equality.

I used to live in Alabama, but I was hoping someone would step up with

quality stuff like this. Did you know about the former glory

of Alabama as a source of steel, ironworks, and forging ?

cool with the state bird, also.

awesome work, sir.

too much rep in past 24 hours

spread repa around before giving it

yadda yadda yadda

I used to live in Alabama, but I was hoping someone would step up with

quality stuff like this. Did you know about the former glory

of Alabama as a source of steel, ironworks, and forging ?

cool with the state bird, also.

awesome work, sir.

Thank you, what inspired her was when I was growing up I spent several summers in a very small town in Alabama. When I got older I came back through and saw the place for the first time minus the kid eyes. Everything outside of Birmingham seemed run down and even there you could see where they were fighting this image. Being someone with a natural tan that this also meant being pulled over multiple times for walking to the store. From people I talked with there was an inescapable feeling of pride for their home state no mater how decrepit their homes might be. More so, it seemed that it was better to repair and rebuild even when getting something new was clearly a better choice. I don't know if this was just the mentality of the people I met or a statement on the general economy there but there was always a sense of this former glory no matter how checkered it may have been.

Not at all. Just put it back when you're done. :D

Okay, I'm done...

Protected by a hero gifted with power over winds and weather, not to mention great superhuman strength, the citizens of the great state of Montana rest secure under the watchful care of:

Big Sky

MontanFH.png