Old Immortal RPG

Mirgos

Re: Old Immortal RPG

Well' date=' actually no. :) Like I said, I think Kid Jurassic is thinking of Legacy: War of Ages, not Immortal: The Invisible War.[/quote']

Not trying to be rude or anything, I am just not quite sure what you mean by the "actually no" comment. I understand that Kid Jurassic is very likely referring to Legacy: War of Ages, but that doesn't mean that Immortal didn't get its own Highlander comparisons.

I was there when the game was released, worked with (and for a short time also for) Precedence and dealt with the pain of the company president's decision to ditch the 1st Edition for a 2nd Edition -- due to a deal he was proposing with Netter Digital (of Babylon 5 TV fame). I worked with Ran Ackels on coming up with the third edition after he secured back the rights to the game from Precedence, just before they went completely under just over six years ago. I remember the two most common comparisons: Highlander and World of Darkness since vampires and werewolves (and such) were resources Immortal also drew off of (though they comprised only a small part).

Honestly, I'm probably just not reading it right at midnight. Kids and age will do that to you... ;) My apologies.

Not trying to be rude or anything' date=' I am just not quite sure what you mean by the "actually no" comment. I understand that Kid Jurassic is very likely referring to Legacy: War of Ages, but that doesn't mean that Immortal didn't get its own Highlander comparisons.[/quote']Oh, agreed. It was just, since you were replying to my post giving Kid Jurassic the name of "the Highlander-esque game", and describing why people made the Highlander comparison to Immortal: The Invisible War, it sounded like you thought KJ was thinking of Immortal, when I was pretty sure he was thinking of Legacy.

In other words, I think we just got our wires crossed. Sorry about that! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Though I only ever ran it a couple of times, I always thought Immortal was a really cool setting with some great ideas.

It was mired in a needlessly complex rules system that arbitrarily changed game terminology for little benefit though.

I did like how in the basic single Immortal book you could play everything from Vampires, to Mages, to Werewolves, to Ghosts and Highlanders, while it took Whitewolf multitudes of books to accomplish the same thing (with far less coherency).

And there was a slight 'Highlander' aspect to Immortal, in that if you became Tainted you could cleanse the taint by freeing the Immaculum from another Immortal... by severing their heads and releasing the incandescent lightshow that would leave you back at full (or better) strength.

If anyone does do some Hero emulations, I'd be really interested in hearing how it works out.