Super Transportation

SSgt Baloo

Re: Super Transportation

There's going to be a show on the SyFy channel this coming Tuesday (April 10) called Dream Machines. It follows two guys called the Parker Brothers and the shop in Florida where they build these thoroughly gorgeous vehicles from the ground up. It's a workplace reality show like American Chopper or Sons Of Guns' date=' so you can expect a lot of arguing and stuff like, "If we can build this thing, we can move up to the next level!" and "We gotta get this built or we'll never move up to the next level!" [/quote']

And that's exactly why I won't be watching it. I really hate those "reality" shows that focus on all the "conflict" and "drama" that you just know is mostly staged for/instigated by the cameras. I watch the PowerBlock on Spike TV because even if the builds aren't as spiffy, they act like adults not petulant adolescents.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's going to be a show on the SyFy channel this coming Tuesday (April 10) called Dream Machines. It follows two guys called the Parker Brothers and the shop in Florida where they build these thoroughly gorgeous vehicles from the ground up. It's a workplace reality show like American Chopper or Sons Of Guns, so you can expect a lot of arguing and stuff like, "If we can build this thing, we can move up to the next level!" and "We gotta get this built or we'll never move up to the next level!" But they also say they started the shop so they could build stuff like they saw in comics and movies, and their designs are very sleek and futuristic, so that males up for the arguing and the drama, I think.

Anyway, it occurs to me that if you were looking for someone in real life to build a superhero vehicle, these would be the guys to do it. I look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Reality show. :-/

Still. I may check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

I started a playlist >

< on Youtube. If anyone finds something you think I might want to know about , either PM me a link or post it in this thread, if appropriate.

I will add the above paragraph to the O.P. and see what videos, if any, can be added to the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Six rather interesting air vehicles:

509923main_boeing_avc_2441x1742-640x456.jpg

Nasa/Boeing concepts for "Blended Body and Wing" aircraft

delft.jpg

Proposed "green" airliner.

500x_ekranoyacht-flying-yacht.jpg

WIG yacht

17_future_offensive_aircraft.jpg

Dunno if it's a fighter or a bomber, but I'll bet the customers want both in one package. At the original quote.

Fighter1.jpg

Looks like something from a Gerry Anderson production. (I still miss UFO!)

wb1010-future-plane-view.jpg

Doesn't look very likely to me, but filling empty space in the hull with helium (as is planned, if I read the article correctly) may help. I have doubts.

• 4 weeks later...