Super Transportation

SSgt Baloo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Super Transportation

Why this car isn't a part of the Hot Wheels line I will never know--the Walley Larson LE-1 Groundfighter

WalleyLarsonLE1Groundfighter_01.bmp

Myself, I would swap out the turbocharged V-8 for a turbojet engine--then I'd have enough power for the blaster cannons, the electromagnetic weapon attractor, the sonic incapacitator, the million-candlepower strobe light ("MY EYES! OH, GOD, MY EYES!!!"), the extendable wings, the hover jets, the bowling ball thrower (who needs a battering ram when you can throw a 300-mph bowling ball at the door?)--to name but a few.

Still, this car is cool enough without all that stuff I mentioned. Pleas take note--I want this for my birthday. It's at the end of May, so you might want to start saving up now. :yes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42142[/ATTACH]

How about an atomic airship?

The soviets actually proposed this behemoth, but they forget a critical system: gasbags for lift.

That's odd, considering that they seem to have included everything else they could think of...?

That's odd' date=' considering that they seem to have included everything else they could think of...?[/quote']

Heh. Agreed. They had an entire parking lot inside that thing. It looked like they were aiming at an "Air-Ferry"

I love that picture so much that I framed it and put it on the wall of my game cave next to pictures of Rocketeer and Doc Savage. :D

Eisenhower apparently had a similar idea that can be found here: Atoms for Peace

Heh. Agreed. They had an entire parking lot inside that thing. It looked like they were aiming at an "Air-Ferry"

I love that picture so much that I framed it and put it on the wall of my game cave next to pictures of Rocketeer and Doc Savage. :D

Eisenhower apparently had a similar idea that can be found here: Atoms for Peace

Very cool! Thanks for the link! I really love this stuff! Would somebody rep MisterVimes for me? It seems I have to spread some first.

My pleasure. I have a great love for retro-tech' date=' particularly atomic age stuff.[/quote']

When I was growing up in the sixties and seventies (I'm 51 next month), my grandfather had a HUGE collection of Popular Mechanics and Popular Science dating back to the late thirties, so I grew up drooling over that kind of thing.

How about an atomic airship?

The soviets actually proposed this behemoth, but they forget a critical system: gasbags for lift.

Gas Bags? That's for wimps. Real men use Vacuum chambers for lift. See Tarzan at the Earth's Core.

Nope. They discovered a "really strong metal" that could stand the pressure. Pump all the air out, and it's lighter than air!

Cavorite is just stoopid. :P

"Now, the beancounters told me we literally could not afford to buy $7 worth of moon rocks, much less 70 million. Bought 'em anyway. Ground them up, mixed them into a gel, and guess what: ground-up moon rocks are pure poison." - Cave Johnson

• 3 weeks later...

There's going to be a show on the SyFy channel this coming Tuesday (April 10) called Dream Machines. It follows two guys called the Parker Brothers and the shop in Florida where they build these thoroughly gorgeous vehicles from the ground up. It's a workplace reality show like American Chopper or Sons Of Guns, so you can expect a lot of arguing and stuff like, "If we can build this thing, we can move up to the next level!" and "We gotta get this built or we'll never move up to the next level!" But they also say they started the shop so they could build stuff like they saw in comics and movies, and their designs are very sleek and futuristic, so that males up for the arguing and the drama, I think.

Anyway, it occurs to me that if you were looking for someone in real life to build a superhero vehicle, these would be the guys to do it. I look forward to seeing what they come up with next.