Doktoberfest!

Lord Liaden

Re: Doktoberfest!

Just so we're clear here, I want royalties from all the swag. And the home brew custom label. Or, like, free beer and stuff.

EDIT: Hmm. Should I just set up a Cafe Press store for anyone who wants it on a shirt or whatever? Or does someone know someone in the shirt-making biz?

Just so we're clear here, I want royalties from all the swag. And the home brew custom label. Or, like, free beer and stuff.

EDIT: Hmm. Should I just set up a Cafe Press store for anyone who wants it on a shirt or whatever? Or does someone know someone in the shirt-making biz?

Oh definately! I didn't mean to imply any infringing on your awesome idea & drawing. Not at all!

One of the HeroCon team does have a t-shirt connection. I misremember which one, sadly. Susano would know, though.

Maybe if we can get a good price on printing we could offer them at the Con and split the profit?

Translation. "When there's a problem' date=' I slay them. Problem solved."[/quote']

You say that as if it's a bad thing. :think:

BTW, I recommend everyone click the link in my sig and buy lots of stuff there. It's your only hope of salvation from the coming Bunpocolypse. :bmk:

ADMINISTRATOR'S NOTE: I've deleted the text of Scott's post so that I can OK this shirt thing with Cryptic. I'd prefer that they be OK with it before money starts exchanging hands. ;) Once I get their OK I will restore Scott's text and link post-haste! ;)

SCOTT'S NOTE: Oh, fine. :D See what happens when you've got a lawyer running the company? (I luff you, Steve!)

I believe parody and satire are protected expressions in the United States. Even in regards to profit from such. And the Doktoberfest t-shirts and such definitely qualify as parody.

Speaking as just a peanut gallery opinion:

But it's nice to check with the other parties to maintain a friendly relationship.

I believe parody and satire are protected expressions in the United States. Even in regards to profit from such. And the Doktoberfest t-shirts and such definitely qualify as parody.

Speaking as just a peanut gallery opinion:

But it's nice to check with the other parties to maintain a friendly relationship.

It's how Weird Al does it.

That's because Weird Al does not engage in parody. Parody imitates an author's style in order to belittle the author, or at least point out his/her/their foible(s). Peter Schickele does parody, Weird Al does "filk". And "filk" is not protected.

I wouldn't swear "Doktoberfest" is parody. That's for a court to decide.....hopefully not. Because parody/IP suits are always expensive, long drawn out affairs.

Lemming is right; better to ask and get permission.