Foxbat is up

Tribal

Re: Foxbat is up

That's one of the most common spelling errors I see in manuscripts submitted to me for editing. ;) The curse of the homonym strikes again! ::cue dramatic theme music::

Yes, you can allow it for a short time, but after that the homonym period is over...

I'll get me coat :whistle:

Yes, you can allow it for a short time, but after that the homonym period is over...

Ouch. Nice to see that even in this age of Internet-baby-speak and seemingly-irrelevant grammar and spelling rules that the simple pun still thrives ^_^

That's one of the most common spelling errors I see in manuscripts submitted to me for editing. ;) The curse of the homonym strikes again! ::cue dramatic theme music::

You realize you're going to have to write up a new supervillain for 6th Edition

The Homonym strikes again!!

You realize you're going to have to write up a new supervillain for 6th Edition

The Homonym strikes again!!

You do realize what people will shorten his name to' date=' yes? :whistle:[/quote']

The Nym?

Then there's the fellow who keeps pretending to be The Nym...

The Pseudonym!

One problem, as I should have noticed before. It's not a homonym. Homonyms are spelled identically. Words that are pronounced identically (or nearly so) but spelled differently are homophones.

(Which suddenly sounds to me like a politically incorrect answering service for the GLBT community... probably set up by Foxbat himself as part of his Master Plan.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, sadly, apparently 1.6 billiion Chinese people can't get a few Champions Online promotional ping-pong ball guns ready in time for GenCon due to the stupid-ass Olympics. :mad: However, I am told they will be ready in time for PAX. Our hope is to get a dozen or so sent to us, which we can then somehow give away to Hero board folx via a raffle or something.

Yes' date=' sadly, apparently 1.6 billiion Chinese people can't get a few Champions Online promotional ping-pong ball guns ready in time for GenCon due to the stupid-ass Olympics. :mad: However, I am told they will be ready in time for PAX. Our hope is to get a dozen or so sent to us, which we can then somehow give away to Hero board folx via a raffle or something.[/quote']

Ooooo... ping-pong ball guns... raffles... fun!

Yes' date=' sadly, apparently 1.6 billiion Chinese people can't get a few Champions Online promotional ping-pong ball guns ready in time for GenCon due to the stupid-ass Olympics. :mad: However, I am told they will be ready in time for PAX. Our hope is to get a dozen or so sent to us, which we can then somehow give away to Hero board folx via a raffle or something.[/quote']

Dood! Steve, that would ROCK!! :)

FoxbatGuns being given away!?!?? That's the ultimate in cool! :cool:

Hey, there's a book we need: The Ultimate Cool.

j/k :winkgrin:

Suddenly I'm inspired to have Foxbat strike the Beijing Olympics in revenge!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...