Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

And another -- from the days when they made monsters with no other reason than to screw over the players :)

A Dis-Enchanter! And a cute one too! I never thought these creatures were created to screw over the players, yet they are a challenge for sure... especially when they are invisible guardians of a doorway! Heh!

Mags

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see if I can get a couple pieces up here...

I have a really limited site at Deviantart, but I do a ton more drawing and sketching that doesn't show up there.

These two are sorta recent, but were done on my computer and don't really reflect any of my background drawing "skills" (I distaste drawing backgrounds).

Hope someone likes these. Great thread idea too :)

Let's see if I can get a couple pieces up here...

I have a really limited site at Deviantart, but I do a ton more drawing and sketching that doesn't show up there.

These two are sorta recent, but were done on my computer and don't really reflect any of my background drawing "skills" (I distaste drawing backgrounds).

Hope someone likes these. Great thread idea too :)

Nice stuff Wil. While you have a definite anime styling... it looks like you are trying to get your anatomy down along more traditional western lines. A struggle that I'm intimately familiar with. The 2nd pic has great foreshortening and very interesting cropping... very dynamic.

But the computer generated stuff isn't quite working with the wonderful sense of life that you have in the pencils.

Backgrounds are laborious. But they CAN so define an illustration. Set the place, the scene, mood etc. I used to hate drawing clothes and folds. But I kept at it. Now I have people complain that I do too many folds and clothes (belts and gloves) in my superhero drawings. I can't help it! I love drawing it now!

Which is advice that I got awhile ago (and I'll pass it along)... if there is something you don't like to draw... you should draw it a lot. Then you'll come to love it and master it.

aw, geez man, I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I really like where you are going. I just didn't make the connection between your posting here and the Wotc board. dumb me.

I retain artwork fairly well... just not names.

Storn's commented on my stuff at the WotC boards too :)

Hey Wil, you lucky guy. ;)

Storn gave you some constructive comments, which can only mean he likes your stuff. Whoot!

Mags

PS: I love the facial expressions in your work. More please!

Storn, even if I did think you were picking on me, I'd be flattered ;) But no, I don't think you're picking on me. I know my style isn't strictly anime because I used to draw that way, and I know the difference. But it's always had the anime quality to it, even before I watched anime. It's what I call "The Disney Syndrome," meaning my pencils are most appropriate for comic books instead of pinups.

I wish I brought more today, but I forgot. :(

• 2 months later...

'And she went out among the Cities of the Dharume and of the Zo, saying unto them, 'Give me Iyoodon, else I shall carve it from your streets and towers, your fields and farms, from your hearts, minds and souls' and so saying, she was about it. A great call went up for heroes and none dare answer it save the Oathbound. For once called, ever must they come. And in the fullness of their quest it was seen that she had once been human like themselves, and had fallen to the lure of Chaos, had become a demon, a Lost Soul. Though many Oathbound fell, they dragged Zootiakka's damned form back to the Sphere Unspeakable with them, and the Realms of Men, Ogres and Elowan were saved for a time.' --Prophecy Wall Fragment 23.