No Horses For You

Chris-M

Re: No Horses For You

That's not a standard GW Cold One, that's a raptor of some sort! The Cold Ones are a lot chubbyier and don't have the killing claw on the foot. I'd love to know who makes that mini!

As far as the Totem Animal idea, I think that's really good. Of course, the Terror Bird tribe is going to have a rough time against the Rhinocerous Tribe...

Odd, both that link and this one: http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/whatc/Fantasy/id/197801

Say GW as manufacturer, but even I can see that they are dif critters. I think someone should launch a congressional investigation! Ooops sorry, :o NGD syndrome. :eg:

One on one, yeah, but I was considering the Rhino people could field *one* woolly rhino ridden by the Queen, her personal champion, and a drover. Rich tribes could field *two*. The Terror Bird people OTOH could field a small Queen's Guard of perhaps half a dozen birds. All bets are off when nations go to war, of course. Since it is bronze age, I suspect the rest of the warriors would be either light foot with a few pony riders or chariots for the rest of the nobles.

What I don't want is a Prax clone (I've done that in another campaign :) ).

Midas

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: No Horses For You

I like WoW's and other video games handling of the mounts, I like unusual and original, so my worls has many different types.

Birds for the plains

Goats for the moutains

Horses for multiple terrain

Lizards for the deserts

Dolphins for the sea living

much rarer:

Lions (or other felines)

Rhinos

Elephants

Griffons

Dragons

Wolves (or other canines)

Golems

Bats

Butterflies

Bears

Bulls/Oxen/Buffalo

I don't really care, as long as the players are happy and they pay points for the mounts that do more than carry their goods.