The Addams Family

Kal'El Wayne

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Addams Family

Now I really regret not seeing the movie in its entirety although there's one line of dialogue that will always stick in my mind.

"Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job."

Angelica Huston and Raul Julia were never better. And yes, Raul Julia is a real loss. 54 is no age to go.

*Cysphrett - you expect the world to make sense?* :confused:

*Csyphrett - you expect the world to make sense?* :confused:

When I read, I like things to make sense in a general fashion so I don't get Bobobobob and his nose hairs of justice, his poppa rocks, his attacks of art. It's too surreal for me and my oldfashioned fuddy duddy ways. My son thinks it's great.

CES

Yeah - as I remember Diane Duane saying "Stories have to make sense, real life doesn't".

Sorry, I really wasn't taking the mick. I don't think I'd like this "Bobobobobobo and His Nosehairs of Justice" anymore than you do.

And who came up with that name? And who greenlit it? :nonp:

Bobobo-bo bo-bobobo was created by Yoshio Sawai. Shonen Jump is reprinting parts of it with Slam Dunk, YuYu Hakusho, Naruto, One Piece, Yugioh GX. The collected volumes are probably on sale at book stores and you can probably get the cartoon somewhere.

CES

• 1 month later...

It had to be Frump (Unless I forget Grandmama's last name).

Right! :)

It was a flashback episode where Morticia's mother was trying to marry Morticia's sister Ophelia to Gomez.

From wikipedia:

Ophelia, Morticia's sister. Gomez was originally engaged to her in an arranged marriage, but when he saw 22-year old Morticia (dressed in a grown-up version of Wednesday's clothing), he was smitten and fell in love with her; when she spoke French, he claimed that for the first time in his life, his sinuses were cleared and his Bronchitis was gone. Ophelia was played by Carolyn Jones in a blonde wig (a staple of 1960's sitcom twins). One quirk of Ophelia's is that the flower growing in her hair had roots that travelled down into her foot; another is her love of judo, with which she can hurl men (usually Gomez) several feet.

typed in addams family and got a site saying unoffical af site. tvland site episode synopsis just calls her mother lurch also

I finally figured out where I heard of Granny Frump and why Uncle Fester's last name ought to be Frump. She was (in the TV series) Morticia's mother (played, appropriately, by Margaret Hamilton). If Uncle Fester was Morticia's brother, and not her brother-in-law then he also was a Frump.

Look! I brought proof! The Addams Family: Happy Birthday Grandma Frump

• 4 weeks later...