A one-shot hero challenge!

Brandi

Re: A one-shot hero challenge!

Originally posted by Brandi

I'm putting this here 'cause I never seem to come up with a hero design fast enough for the big Hero Challenge thread, and there's already at least two unanswered challenges in that chain...

So.

I double-dog-dare you guys to write up a hero based on this drawing:

http://wheoum.com/alien/canadaguy.gif

Just update Crusader from 4th Edition. Just as stupid looking and the same shield shtick. :D

Re: Re: A one-shot hero challenge!

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Just update Crusader from 4th Edition. Just as stupid looking and the same shield shtick. :D

That'll work, but we need a background :)

How about an alien who crashed in Canada on Canada Day. As the young podling was shaping itself to 'acclimate' to its new home, it was bombarded by millions of diverse thoughts of Canadians. Images of parades, national symbols, and , even some tongue in cheek national self parody arose.

Of course, to protect itself, the being also has the fighting styles from a thousand worlds, and the shield and costume are to help garner 'acceptance'.

It hasn't QUITE Worked out how it was supposed to. :)

That has to be one of the most inefficient shield designs I've ever seen. It's strictly ceremonial, right? "Not to be used for actual protection."

I always imagine the scene from Secret Wars where Cap hides behind his shield completely as the Torch Nova blasts the entire room. Now, while this was a terrible, unacceptable abuse of the shield's potential, I can't help but giggle as I picture Captain Canada here doing the same thing.

:)