...and now he's a werepaladin...

Dr Divago

well... technically he's still a paladin but a werewolves but :)

ok, the problem (for him... for me is a good thing ) is:

they fought a werewolf, and the paladin where "infected" by wolfy's blood (no comment on "how"...)

so he'll be transform in a werewolf the next full moon night

then?

bestiary is a bit confused (imho) so dunno if what i thought is correct:

a) i give him a new power: Multiform (in a half-wolf half-man 320 point (1), and a big wolf); [69 active point]; Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), No Conscious Control (-2) [18 point]

B) give him a new disadvantage: Accidental Change: night of full moon (Uncommon, Always) [20 points]

then

I - i can balance the 20 points disadvantage with a flat 2 point power ("+1 enhanced sense smell/taste" or a +"2 enhanced sense smell/taste only during full moon day")

II - the 320 half-man half-wolf form is similar to one into bestiary but without the "multiform power" and with some disadvantage like bestial mind, enraged and like (including a susceptibility to belladonna

III - he can buy back the "no conscious control" on multiform (following rules into bestiary it cost about 23 points aka 12 weeks) BUT he can't buy back the accidental change. So he's forced to transform into full moon

now, question

1) if he buy back no conscious control BUT he's forced to transform during full moon... he still get full control? i mean can avoid attaccking friends, may not attack innocent people and does'nt need to kill for food/blood taste?

2) if i create power with the "personality loss" disad, he will lose personality if volontarily transform; btw he still lose personality if forced transform with accidental change?

3) 'cause of no conscious control, i (the gm) can state he will transform even at different time (ie if seriously injured, or facing some special powers)?

4) i can let him "buy back" at different rate, using "personality loss"? i mean:

with X point he buy off no conscious control but gain a personality loss (5 minutes); then with Y point he buy off this personality loss and gain a personality loss (1 hour). etc.

ok, ty for help

Re: ...and now he's a werepaladin...

D&D resolved that issue by classifying lycanthropy as more curse than disease, so Paladins are infected and can't cure it.

As to how it works, it depends how you WANT it to work. In the legends, a werewolf suffered blood lust. Maybe this is a Cursed Transform and you can't spend xp to change it, but need to find some form of cure to reverse the transform (remove the curse). There's some adventure hook, especially if the party needs to deal with the Paladin's nocturnal cravings somehow.

now, question

1) if he buy back no conscious control BUT he's forced to transform during full moon... he still get full control? i mean can avoid attaccking friends, may not attack innocent people and does'nt need to kill for food/blood taste?

2) if i create power with the "personality loss" disad, he will lose personality if volontarily transform; btw he still lose personality if forced transform with accidental change?

3) 'cause of no conscious control, i (the gm) can state he will transform even at different time (ie if seriously injured, or facing some special powers)?

4) i can let him "buy back" at different rate, using "personality loss"? i mean:

with X point he buy off no conscious control but gain a personality loss (5 minutes); then with Y point he buy off this personality loss and gain a personality loss (1 hour). etc.

ok, ty for help

I'd say that either accidental change or no conscious control could apply to situations of stress or to the full moon. But it's ok to differentiate them I guess since once he buys back no conscious control he'll be able to use the wolf form when he wants to.

The way he acts once he has transformed is based on what disadvantages you give him. If the Wolf Form has 'crazed killer' as a psy lim then yes he's going to be attacking friends and so on. If he just has 'bloodthirsty' then he may well be able to control himself. Similarly if you give him something like Enraged - The Smell of Human Flesh (Berserk), Go 14- Recover 8- then he's going to be uncontrollable.

I would make personality loss a prerequisite for such extreme changes in behaviour.

The real question here is how much of a problem do you want this to be for the player? That's a hell of a lot of xp he's going to have to spend on reigning in his curse. And it's not going to be much fun for the player if he manages to buy conscious control of his wolf form but he doesn't dare use it because he'll almost certainly turn on allies or innocent bystanders.

So I'd suggest giving him an Enraged (Berserk) but not making it too powerful. He'll still be dangerous but not completely useless. Alternatively I suppose you could let him buy down his Enraged.

D&D resolved that issue by classifying lycanthropy as more curse than disease' date=' so Paladins are infected and can't cure it.[/quote']

Actually in 3.5 the Divine Health thing mentions that it also works against magical diseases - lycanthropy and mummy rot are specifically mentioned as things that can't affect paladins. So in D&D you can't get a lycanthropic paladin. Fortunately, this is not D&D, so .....

As to how it works' date=' it depends how you WANT it to work. In the legends, a werewolf suffered blood lust. Maybe this is a Cursed Transform and you can't spend xp to change it, but need to find some form of cure to reverse the transform (remove the curse). There's some adventure hook, especially if the party needs to deal with the Paladin's nocturnal cravings somehow.[/quote']

Agreed. When we had something like this happen in my game, I simply took control of the character when it was berserk (in wolf-form) and it became a lethal killing machine. The PC got accidental change and an enraged to cover the cost of the multiform.

Eventually the player was able to buy off that aspect, and control his behaviour in wereform by paying the experience required for the multiform (getting rid of the accidental change along the way), but the wolf form was still very dangerous to willingly transform into. He still had the berserk in his wolf form: he couldn't buy it off entirely. It is supposed to be a curse after all.

cheers, Mark

How disappointing. :cry:

I read the subject and was hoping for someone who turned into a paladin once a month.:joint:

Me too.

I had a player who tried to slip "werewoman" past me, once. The character was a rakish knight who, under the full moon transformed into a libidinous hottie woman. If it had been a different player and there had been less an emphasis on how hot and horny the female form was, I might have let it slide....

ok

ty all for help :)

btw, last week he got transformed and mate manged to bind'em with a rope (after a powerful 110 stun damge on head O.o

i'm lucky those player got very powerful shot only vs other pc :D )

we had a lot of fun (well... poor npc farmer got less fun but he'll survive... and sure will get more fun next month :DD)

so now:

- he got accidental change during full moon

- he got a 320 wolfman form + a "normal" giant black wolf

wolfman form (and wolf too) got enraged - beserk (14- entering, 8- recover, when in fight / being hit)

and of course no conscious control

- he will be faced to a choice:

a) live forever with this curse, and hopefully finding something to change him back to normal paladin

B) embrace this curse (and suggestion / aid from an evil presence, presence obviously following his evil plan) and start trying control

if he'll choose "a", his life will go on unchanged, save for full moon night (may the gods give'em though ropes...)

if he'll choose "b", then multiform will be removed no conscious control and a personality loss (1 turn) will be applied. Of course, enraged, bestial personality etc will still be applied

he then could buy back personality loss, eventually reducing it

and, of course, he'll play a big role in "evil presence"'s master plan :)

what do you think?

do you like it?

suggestion?

ty for help :)