My first character (Speedster)

Navar

Re: My first character (Speedster)

OK well I remade the character and here is the current version. The "Only in Heroic Identity" limitation is being used to meant that he has to "Ramp up" To be able to use his powers and that costs him 1 turn (so if he is surprised, or ambushed, etc.) and at the end of that turn he uses Fashion Victim on himself to get into costume.

CHARACTERISTICS

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5 15 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

15 DEX 15

38 DEX 61 (In Heroic Identity)

12 CON 4

14 BODY 8

10 INT 0

14 EGO 8

18 PRE 8

20 COM 5

3 PD 0

15 PD (12 rPD) 10 (In Heroic Identity)

2 ED 0

14 ED (12 rED) 10 (In Heroic Identity)

2 SPD 0

7 SPD 13 (In Heroic Identity)

18 REC 26

36 END 6

28 STUN 0

6" Running 0

46" Running 32 (In Heroic Identity)

2" Swimming 0

3" Leaping 0

Total Characteristics Costs: 87 (126 if you include In Heroic Identity)

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 17-

3 Breakfall 17-

6 +2 with hyperthrowing and Debris Barrage

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

Total Skills Cost: 22

Cost Power

67 Speed Powers: Multipower, 100-point reserve, (100 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

7u 1) Overdrive Running: Running +20" (46" total), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Noncombat acceleration/deceleration (+1) (100 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

3m 2) Hyperthrowing: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (Blunt objects of opportunity; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4) 4

1u 3) Debris Barrage: Energy Blast 4d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

2m 4) Deadly Hyperthrowing: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OIF (Sharp objects of opportunity; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

5m 5) Rapid Healing: Healing 4 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

3u 6) Vibrophasing: Desolidification (affected by Vibration, Sonic and Air based attacks) (40 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

2u 7) Quicker than the eye can see: Invisibility to Sight Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Only when moving (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

1u 8) In two places at once: Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups Images 1" radius, +/-3 to PER Rolls (34 Active Points); Set Effect (-1), Must remain within a half move (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

1u 9) Speed Reading (x10000) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

1u 10) Fashion Victim: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (clothes into other/no clothes, changing or repairing clothes) (10 Active Points); Limited Target ([Limited]; Clothes; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework (-1/4)

46 +23 DEX (69 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Visible (Causes character to blur; -1/4)

13 +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Visible (Causes Character to blur; -1/4)

20 Benefits of Speed: Elemental Control, 50-point powers, (25 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

20 1) Can't hit me: Combat Luck (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

32 2) Superspeed: Running +20" (46" total), x8 Noncombat, combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4) (65 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

17 3) Dodging Bullets: +8 with DCV (40 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Total Powers Cost: 241

Total Cost: 350

150+ Disadvantages

20 Accidental Change (May co-locate): Anytime I go to move 11- (Very Common)

10 Distinctive Features: Unless I spend 4 points of end/turn I appear as a blur (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Overdrive: hard for him to manipulate objects with precision (-2 to appropriate DEX Rolls) or speak clearly (other characters must always make PER Rolls to understand him when he’s in this state) burn through any positive Adjustment Power effect in half the normal time. (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Competitive: Always tries to win... even if there’s no real contest going on. (Common, Moderate)

15 Overconfidence: Attitude makes him reckless, since he thinks that any problems he might happen to cause he can easily fix (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Speedster Impatience: The speedster is so used to moving at superspeed that he has a short attention span when it comes to everyday events around him and a very low tolerance for the frustration caused by having to live in a world where everyone else is so damn slow. He tends to get bored or distracted fairly easily, and if he fails his EGO Roll may lash out at the “slowpokes” around him with hurtful words. (Very Common, Moderate)

5 Heavy Sleeper: Suffers additional -3 penalty to perceive intruders and wake up. (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Poison (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: Cold (Common)

20 Susceptibility: When Skin is in Contact with Ice 2d6 damage per Turn (Common)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Another Speedster), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15 Public Identity: Hounded by fans (Frequently, Major)

5 Dependence: Electric power Powers Gain 14- Activation Roll (Very Common), 1 Hour

Total Disadvantages Cost: 350

The power set is fine.

Public ID + OIHID seems a little strange since the premise of OIHID assumes 2 distinct forms of some kind. What incentive does this character have to ever be in "normal" form?

Also, why does he have access to Defense Maneuver I-IV in normal form? Is it speed based or skill? If skill why doesn't he have any other pure combat skills to compliment it? (As it stands, he can't be suprised but he can't get higher than a 8 DCV via Dodge either).

You are correct that Defense Maneuver I-IV should only be accesable in Heroic Form.

I am not sure how to reflect a desire to be in powered down mode with the exception that some of his limitations wouldn't apply when he was powered down. Any feedback would be nice on how to show that, otherwise I was just going to make it a Role-playing thing (like when he is asleep he is powered down, and when he is doing day to day things (including signing autographs and brushing his teath and the like) he powers down because of the obvious dangers involved in tearing/burning photographs while he is attempting to sign them, and ripping his gums open when he tries to brush his teeth. Also (and again I am not sure if this is a reason or not) but if he doesn't have access to a source of electric power he would power down as well.

Something else I just noticed...

(Superspeed: Running +20") and (Overdrive Running: Running +20") are a little redundant with each other. I understand that the multipower slot is megascale but it might be easier to get the same effect by applying the Variable Advantage to the EC slot.

Here are most of the changes I would make (which would save9 points as I added Defense Manuever as a power).

24 Benefits of Speed: Elemental Control, 60-point powers, (30 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

45 1) Superspeed: Running +20" (26" total), x8 Noncombat, Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; Megascale, Reduced END, Combat Acceleration, Rapid Noncombat Movement, etc...; +1/2) (81 Active Points) - END=8

18 2) Can't Hit Me: Force Field (13 PD/12 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (61 Active Points); Limited Power (Luck Based; -1/2) - END=0

17 3) Anything you can do I can do FASTER: +6 Overall (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Power (Does not apply to interaction skills.; -1/4) [Notes: Time consuming actions can be moved down 1 level on the Time Chart by taking -3 to the Skill Roll. This power effectively allows the character to move it down 2 at no penalty. Example: If cleaning a room would normally take someone 5 minutes he could do it in 1 Turn. DCV Levels do not apply to the optional Dive For Cover maneuver.] - END=6

24 4) Vibrophasing: Desolidification (affected by affected by Vibration, Sonic and Air based attacks), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points) - END=0

17 5) Quicker than the eye can see: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Power (Only When Moving; -1/2) - END=0

20 Human Machine Gun: Multipower, 40-point reserve, (40 Active Points); all slots OIF (Objects Of Opportunity; -1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Limited Power (Can be drained as an Elemental Control Power Framework; -1/4)

2u 1) Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points) - END=4

1u 2) Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points) - END=3

1u 3) Fashion Victim: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (10 Active Points) - END=1

Benefits of Speed: (List), all slots Visible (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

34 1) +23 DEX (69 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

13 2) +2 SPD (20 Active Points)

7 3) Defense Maneuver I-IV (10 Active Points)

7 4) Speed Reading (x10,000) (10 Active Points)

12 5) Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0

POWERS Cost: 242

I changed the talent Combat Luck to the power Force Field because Combat Luck itself is actually created using the power Armor (not legal for EC's) and already has Hardened.