Unconscious fighting

palaskar

I was wondering how you'd build unconscious fighting, like Vernon Kitabu Turner can do, or that Systema stylists train for.

It's not like Rock Lee's unconscious fighting in Naruto, where Lee can fight even when he's unconscious due to extreme amounts of muscle memory training.

Basically, it's like this:

1) You get into a fight

2) Suddenly, the fight is over and your opponents are defeated. You have no idea what just happened.

I'd model this in a VPP (normal, powered builds of non-superhuman martial arts only, -1/2), (no choice regarding when powers change, -1/2), but Vernon seems to be able to never hurt his opponents. How'd you build that? :confused:

Re: Unconscious fighting

He's not unconscious, technically. He's just unaware of the fight. In other words, he gets into the fight, and doesn't remember what occurred. Sort of like what happened to Spidey on the new TV series with the symbiote controlling him (parphrased):

"I got into a fight? I don't remember a thing. It's like I just..blanked out."

Now Rock Lee, according to what was shown in the TV series, really can fight when he's unconscious. There's an episode where he's been knocked out by (an illusion jutsu, I think) and his body continues to fight anyway. He later remembers it as (paraphrased):

"I had the strangest dream. I was fighting...(wakes up and discovers it was not a dream, as the squad's enemies are there)..."

I have no idea how you'd model that, but it's been done it at least one other place. Phoenix (Rachel Summers) knocked out an alternate, "Sons of Liberty" version of Iron Man in a universe where the British never lost the war of Independance (sp!) with a psiblast. Iron Man's armor went into auto mode, controlled by the suit's AI. The last words before the armor attacked:

"May God have mercy on your soul." :eek:

Re: Unconscious fighting

Extra Stun/Body. Possibly a huge CON to go with it. Can also be done with Healing or Aid.

The character just has a Side Effect or Physical Limitation that indicates that after he passes a certain Stun/Body threshold, he can keep fighting, but doesn't remember any of it.

For Venom or Iron Man, you might want to opt for some kind of Multiform to represent that some other being, potentially with different Psych Lims and Skills, is doing the fighting after the main character passes out. But chances are, unless there are pretty vast differences between the two, this will possibly turn out to be needlessly expensive for the effect you get. At least you get a big cost break for having No Conscious Control, what with the whole having to be KOed first part ;)