Long Time Heroes get any Beta chances?

chariot

Ok... I admit, I'm not much of a forumite. So if that's my only chance to get into Beta, I'm screwed.

But I've been a Hero gamer since the days of the box set with the Big Blue dice :)

What are the odds that some of us lurker types, who've been around for a while get a shot at this? I mean... I am a COH\COV player, been invited to every previous closed Beta there... Stormreach Beta....

It'd be good to get me in there ;)

Re: Long Time Heroes get any Beta chances?

You realise that anyone who received an invitation would be subject to the NDA, so couldn't discuss even getting an invitation. :think: (b.t.w., I didn't get one either. :weep: )

"The first rule of Champions Online Beta is, you do not talk about Champions Online Beta." :hush:

As far as I know -- and I am definitely not speaking for Cryptic here -- being a long-time Champions fan isn't a guarantee of getting into public beta (whenever they start that). I'm sure it's a factor they'll consider in reviewing applications, but that's all.

We have discussed some beta-related promotions with Cryptic, such as "buy this bundle of Champions books and automatically get a Beta key" or "win this contest we run here on the site and automatically get a Beta key," but those are just ideas that have been tossed around. We haven't taken any specific steps yet, and I don't know what steps we'll take toward what end when we do. ;)

Well.. thanks for that Steve. Nice to know that it might be a consideration.

Here's hoping that this really turns out to be in a feather in your cap. I've really appreciated everything DOJ has done since taking over the Hero franchise (though I can't seem to get a new campagin off the ground using any of the new goodies).

I really was just doing some shameless self-promotion; I want in, and willing to do almost anything to get in ;-)

• 2 weeks later...