Darth Vader vs. The Hulk

Ken Solo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darth Vader vs. The Hulk

Could Dr. Doom beat the Hulk? No? Then how the heck could Vader do it?

The Empire is just Darth Vader's Treasure Type.

Yes Dr Doom could beat the Hulk, easily. It doesn't happen because, well, that's not how comic books work but if the question is could he just based on abilities without regard to plot device or author's whim then yes. He'd watch video, interrogate old associates, make a plan and then one day the Hulk would be dead. There might be a fight but probably not. It'd be a pretty boring read, except maybe from the point of view of the people trying to figure out why the Hulk was dead; that might be something worth running. now that I think about it.

Yes Dr Doom could beat the Hulk' date=' easily. It doesn't happen because, well, that's not how comic books work but if the question is could he just based on abilities without regard to plot device or author's whim then yes. He'd watch video, interrogate old associates, make a plan and then one day the Hulk would be dead. There might be a fight but probably not. It'd be a pretty boring read, except maybe from the point of view of the people trying to figure out why the Hulk was dead; that might be something worth running. now that I think about it.[/quote']

Doom could take him, but it wouldn't be easy and it wouldn't be quick. It would take a lot of his resources to get the job done too, possibly even more then he'd care to allocate to the Hulk's elimination unless he really needed to. After all those are resources better used to eliminate that accursed Richards. :D

But could Hulk take Doom?

Smart Hulk. Banner's brain. War World's resources. Hulk's power.

True, Doom isn't nearly as rage-inspiring as the back-stabbing Tony Stark or the rationalizing Reed Richards.. but it's because Doom hasn't made himself a priority for Hulk that the question isn't often asked.

I mean, even Punisher took down Doom.

And.. Dazzler.

Before she defeated Terrax and subdued Galactus...

Erm, my mind's wandering. Could Darth Vader defeat Dazzler?

Yes Dr Doom could beat the Hulk' date=' easily. It doesn't happen because, well, that's not how comic books work[/quote']

If we allow ambushes, subtlety, and Writer's Fiat, Hulk squishes Doom as or more easily. Hulk has, depending on the version, full access to Banner's mind, and Banner is only one or two steps down from Doom on the genius scale. Add in the latest version's almost unlimited strength and regeneration and Hulk, again, squishes Doom like a bug...except that he doesn't, since that's not the way comics work.

Doom had his butt handed to him by Squirrel Girl. Really, I can't see why anyone still takes him seriously after that. ;)

Squirrel Girl could also take Vader.

Could Dr. Doom beat the Hulk? No?

Refer my previous post. If Doc doesn't let his ego write checks his intellect can't cash (a VERY tall order, I grant you), then (maybe) Yes.

He throws in various and sundry expendables (minions, robots, etc.) to get the Hulk's measure, possibly wear him down and (most likely) steer him into a specific locale and/or mindset that suits the Doctor's purposes. He doesn't face Big Green directly until "the time is right", if ever.

Doc Doom's real disadvantage is ego. It has always been. If that did not keep tripping him up, he would have become Supreme Overlord of the Solar System long ago.

Yes Dr Doom could beat the Hulk' date=' easily. It doesn't happen because, well, that's not how comic books work but if the question is could he just based on abilities without regard to plot device or author's whim then yes. He'd watch video, interrogate old associates, make a plan and then one day the Hulk would be dead. There might be a fight but probably not. It'd be a pretty boring read, except maybe from the point of view of the people trying to figure out why the Hulk was dead; that might be something worth running. now that I think about it.[/quote']

Ah...but what if it was a surprise encounter? Say, the Hulk is fighting someone else (it doesn't really matter), there is a huge explosion, and the Hulk is thrown for miles straight into Doom's hideout. Doom is sitting there on some cyber-interfaced throne, plotting the ultimate demise of Richards, and suddenly Hulk crashes through his ceiling. At that point, I'd say Doom finds an escape route post haste and leaves Hulk to trash the expendable base.

That brings up Vader's real weakness in this.

He's all about turning his protege, as he himself was turned.

Hulk's no one's protege.

He's not an understudy.

He doesn't need lessons.

He's no padawan learner.

Hulk's an original, self-realized, self-directed being.

Leading him around with manipulation can be done for a short time, but inevitably Hulk's rage overwhelms any illusion or misdirection.

And nothing Vader or the Emperor knows of any 'Dark Side' competes with Hulk.

They seek the heart of the Dark Side.

Hulk's from there.

Might as well ask if Vader could beat Shaft.

Refer my previous post. If Doc doesn't let his ego write checks his intellect can't cash (a VERY tall order, I grant you), then (maybe) Yes.

He throws in various and sundry expendables (minions, robots, etc.) to get the Hulk's measure, possibly wear him down and (most likely) steer him into a specific locale and/or mindset that suits the Doctor's purposes. He doesn't face Big Green directly until "the time is right", if ever.

Doc Doom's real disadvantage is ego. It has always been. If that did not keep tripping him up, he would have become Supreme Overlord of the Solar System long ago.

Nah. Richards is canonically smarter, even if his emotional damage is sometimes written as even more crippling. Tony Stark is as brilliant or better, as is Dr. Strange, who also trumps Doom on pure power (when not gimped). Doom is in the top tier of Earthly Marvel Villains, but he's not all that.

Besides, in continuity such as it is, Squirrel Girl kicked his butt. She could take Vader. :D

Nah. Richards is canonically smarter, even if his emotional damage is sometimes written as even more crippling. Tony Stark is as brilliant or better, as is Dr. Strange, who also trumps Doom on pure power (when not gimped). Doom is in the top tier of Earthly Marvel Villains, but he's not all that.

Besides, in continuity such as it is, Squirrel Girl kicked his butt. She could take Vader. :D

Yeah, but Squirrel Girl whole gimmick now is her uncanny ability to defeat vastly superior opponents. If her and the Hulk get in a fight, chances are she's taking that one too ;)

However, Stark has point blank said that Doom's tech would be superior if Victor spent more time refining it. His hubris prevents him from besting Stark Tech or becoming Sorcerer Supreme.

There is only one way I see Vader beating the Hulk.

After expending numerous minions and reccon assets scouting the target, Vader borrows the Death Star from the Emperor. They blow up the planet, catch the Hulk in a tractor beam, set him at the focus point for the superlaser, and fire it again.

If that doesn't do it, keep the tractor beam on and set course for Kessel. Drop the Hulk into the Maw (a cluster of black holes).

But really, that's a case of the Empire beating the Hulk, not Vader per se.

There is only one way I see Vader beating the Hulk.

After expending numerous minions and reccon assets scouting the target, Vader borrows the Death Star from the Emperor. They blow up the planet, catch the Hulk in a tractor beam, set him at the focus point for the superlaser, and fire it again.

If that doesn't do it, keep the tractor beam on and set course for Kessel. Drop the Hulk into the Maw (a cluster of black holes).

But really, that's a case of the Empire beating the Hulk, not Vader per se.

Could the Death Star's superlaser even target something Hulk's size? I mean it's meant for really big targets.

The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Vader's in big trouble, if Hulk meets Jar Jar Binks on the way to the fight.

Ah, but if the Hulk meets Jar-Jar Binks, then who wins?

Aside from

us, the fans, after the Hulk knocks that annoying little #%$@!'s head into the next solar system

Hmm, another 'who would win' thread I actually thought of back when Marvel was doing the Star Wars comic:

Darth Vader versus the original Captain America with his adamantium alloy shield (which we'll assume is lightsaber proof).

Who wins that one?

That's why the tractor beam holds him just outside the focusing point...:D

True. Of course a person being sufficiently nitpicking (and really would I be typing this if I wasn't? :D ) could ask if the tractor beam could even register the Hulk as a target as it's also designed for big things.