Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

How about those "eat it in an hour and the meal's free" deals? I think the original was the 72 oz. steak at the Big Texan Steak Ranch: Here's some background.

My dad and I went to the one in Amarillo once. We split one of the "single order" meals between us and still couldn't finish it.

That bacon sushi looks pretty tempting though. Maybe every six months or so. :)

Well' date=' there is that, but I'm mainly talking about being a vegetarian. I can't even eat their fries due to lard.[/quote']

Oh well... that would be an additional problem, yes...(Sorry I didn't know you were vegetarian)

It is easy to have bacon wrapped bacon with a side of bacon. Looking through my meat department at the local grocery you got Hickory Smoked, Pepper Bacon (my favorite), Brown Sugar and Honey glazed bacon (just sounds wrong on so many levels, but some people must like it) and maple flavored bacon (see honey bacon for comment). Heck, I am probably forgetting a few.

And that bacon and cheese concoction from page 1 of the the thread looks absolutely awesome. So does the "Scottish" Egg thing. I figured long ago that I was not going to live forever. Might as well die with a smile on my face. So this is certainly my thread. :thumbup:

It is easy to have bacon wrapped bacon with a side of bacon. Looking through my meat department at the local grocery you got Hickory Smoked, Pepper Bacon (my favorite), Brown Sugar and Honey glazed bacon (just sounds wrong on so many levels, but some people must like it) and maple flavored bacon (see honey bacon for comment). Heck, I am probably forgetting a few.

And that bacon and cheese concoction from page 1 of the the thread looks absolutely awesome. So does the "Scottish" Egg thing. I figured long ago that I was not going to live forever. Might as well die with a smile on my face. So this is certainly my thread. :thumbup:

You left out Canadian Bacon, typical American, no wonder the whole world hates us. :D

At the Hebron Carnival, in Hebron MD (which I recommend to anyone who wants to see small town America at it's purest - warts and all), I had an oyster fritter sandwich, which is about a half dozen oysters, battered, deep fried, and put between two slices of white bread. Then I had a funnel cake (Aside: Vermont for some demented reason does not have funnel cakes - I think I ay move bakc there and open a funnel cake stand and make my first million fattening the liberal masses up there), which is cake batter poured through a funnel into hot oil and then sprinkled liberally with confectioners sugar. I washed it down with a coke.

My then five-year-old step-son begged and pleaded with me to go with him on the tilt-a-whirl. Doting father and fool that I am I agreed. We got on the ride, which is in the same location it was when I was five, and sat down for the ride. Every car was filled with a pair of people except for one, where a woman who kissed the ride operator on the way in sat very happily.

Happy people are fun to watch, so I did, and the ride began. We tilted and whirled, and occasionally I could get a glimpse of the happy whirling girl. Whirly girl was text messaging someone, from her perch in the tilt-a-whirl. I was dazzled by her texting abilities and dedication, but I wondered why she would ride the tilt-a-whirl only to spend the time texting someone.

The ride continued. I began to feel a little grey. As we tilted and whirled, we spun past the ride operator. He was likewise texting. I wanted him to pay more scrupulous attention to the ride, but whatever.

The ride continued. Whirly girl was texting and laughing and shaking her head back and forth. It felt like we had been on there for a few minutes, and I was getting more than a wee bit nauseous. Oysters, cake batter and grease competed for attention in my tilting, whirling stomach. My son was having a grreat time, shouting "Wheee!" with every tilt and whirl. Gamely I attempted to "Whee" along with him. It was really great to have such a good time with him - we were still in the getting to know you stage of our relationship, negotiating trust and yeliding authority as Step families have done in one fashion or another since Solomon's second wife moved in.

The ride continued. As we passed, the ride operator laughed maniacly and fingered his cell phone. It had been about five minutes, at least two minutes longer than I had planned on riding this godforsaken torture contraption. Whirly girl was laughing and shaking her head and texting. The oysters in my stomach had rolled what was left of the funnel cake into a bettering ram were attempting to emerge through my abdominal wall like something from Ripley's nightmare carnival from hell. The five-year-old next to me was laughing hysterically as the ride went on and on and on. It was worth whatever I was suffering to see him this happy.

The ride continued. I tried to find the spot on the seat that tilted and whirled the least, to no avail. It is not called the tilt-a-whirl for nothing. Oysters gave up on the cake and held an impromptu rave, blowing those irksome little whistles and spinning glow sticks for no good reason. The grease rocked the turntable, spinning and scratching my guts while reminding me that if there was any sucka MC in that ride it was me. Minute ten passed.

The ride continued. It was like something from a Stephen King story. The ride operator and whirly girl continued to text each other, no doubt laughing about the way we were all going to die when my stomach exploded. I turned green and flexed my abdominal muscles to try and bludgeon the oysters into submission. In protest they put on golf shoes and took up Irish clog dancing. I didn't even know they had legs. Oblivious to my torment, my son tilted and whirled with wild abandon, occasionally sliding over against me, tilted or whirled in my direction. He put his hand on top of mine as we clung to the chrome lap bar for dear life, and I thought that even if I was going to die it was worth it for this small boy's hard won affection.

The ride continued. At minute fifteen she nodded her head up and down at last, and the ride came to a relatively gentle stop. The oysters were disappointed by the abrupt change and continued to tilt and whirl. My head likewise tilted and whirled. The lap bar came up and I staggered to the exit. My step-son tore off like nothing horrifying had just happened and ran to hug his mother. Whirly girl approached the ride operator who was on one bended knee with a ring in his hand. It is not often that a stranger wants to kill two other strangers just for being happy and young and in love, but oh how I wanted them dead.

I kept the oyster sandwich, funnel cake, and coke, but only just barely. I spent a good two hours after that looking green and sitting as still as I could while my step-son rode the tiny ancient roller coaster there over and over again and my lovely wife patted my head and reassured me that I was a brave and valiant fool to have done such a thing with a full stomach and no Dramamine.

It was worth it.

Sir, you have earned your seat in Dad Valhalla. Welcome. :king:

"You must spread Rep..." Feh. Somebody hit him for me.

My food passion is for Tenn Barbeque. You take a pork shoulder, slow cook it in a closed barbeque pit over hickory wood coals for about 10 hours. And when it's done enjoy!

Last time I did this I removed the bone from the shoulder after cooking by grabbing the end of it twisted a little, pullled and the bone came out clean.

Unfortunately BBQ don't last long around me.

Actually, he doesn't float now because he has a body fat percentage of, like negative three. Fat is buoyant in water. .

Yeah, but if he keeps up that diet after training is done he'll just bounce off the water when he dives in instead of penetrating the surface

Klondike Bill, a professional wrestler, consumed two of the dinners in the one hour time limit back in the 1960s.

Are they sure this guy was actually a human being rather than a shaved bear?