Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I'd like to try my hand at making fried chicken, but I have no idea how to get rid of the oil. Pouring it down the drain is bad for the water supply and quite probably illegal. Thus I've had old oil sitting in my fryer for over a year, if not longer.

How do you get rid of used cooking oil? Where does one get a container big enough to put it in that is also disposable?

I'd like to try my hand at making fried chicken, but I have no idea how to get rid of the oil. Pouring it down the drain is bad for the water supply and quite probably illegal. Thus I've had old oil sitting in my fryer for over a year, if not longer.

How do you get rid of used cooking oil? Where does one get a container big enough to put it in that is also disposable?

[h=1]How to Dispose of Used Cooking Grease[/h]

Here are a couple of heart-stoppers offered in past years at the annual Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto, Canada's oldest and largest midway. Pictures Attached below.

From 2010 -- Deep-Fried Butter: http://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/cne/2010/08/19/deepfried_butter_latest_cne_treat.html

"For those of you wondering how to deep fry butter, Skinkle mixes it with secret ingredients, scoops it into small portions with a melon baller and freezes it.

When it’s good and cold she dips the butter balls in sweet funnel cake batter and deep fries them for about 20 seconds. The bite-size balls are drizzled with raspberry, chocolate, caramel or vanilla topping and sprinkled with icing sugar."

From 2011 -- Krispy Creme Donut Hamburgers: http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/04/krispy-creme-burger-available-at-the-cne

"A ground beef patty, topped with American cheddar cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwiched between two doughnuts but the burger connoisseurs who designed this masterpiece have also added a fried egg and some bacon — breakfast, dinner and dessert all in one big bite."

100PercentCheeseGrilledCheese21.jpg

Recently I was at the grocery store and saw that Carr Valley Cheese Company produces something that they refer to as “bread cheese.”

Seeing this cheese really got me thinking. What if I were to make a grilled cheese sandwich that used this cheese in place of bread? A grilled cheese sandwich that was 100% cheese!

Link for more info (and more pictures)

I bet they save a ton on cooking cost. Just top the raw patty and 5 minutes later, its ready to serve.

Why bother with a patty or other condiments at all? If there's any appreciable amount of ghost chili in that thing the person who eats it won't be able to taste anything else. Might as well throw some shredded cardboard on the bun and let them eat that instead.

I hadn't read that, but last week I got really sick with a gastro-intestinal bug. Couldn't keep anything down or in, etc. Ended up going to the Emergency Room where they pumped me up with two liters of saline to re-hydrate me.

I'm feeling much better now, and went back to work yesterday (I had to go back for a doctor's note the previous day). One result is that I'be been off caffeinated sodas (I drink diet) for almost a week now. Caffeine and I have been a long-term struggle, and the struggle is likely to continue. I was sure I would get back on first chance I got. So far I haven't. I'm still drinking diet cola, but it's caffeine-free.

Today I picked up a micro-cola from the gas station next door. No caffeine, made with cane sugar and so on. Really delicious, but two dollars for a 12-ounce bottle makes it a special occasion beverage at best.

Of course, since I work at a health clinic everyone else at work is healthier and better-nourished than I am.