Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Wouldn't get me drunk at all. (Just because gin makes me throw up instantly)

Sounds nifty though.

I've been playing with recreating a Ginger Margarita. (Mainly Ginger syrup made by boiling down a sugar solution with ginger slices in it and straining it and using lime juice, and tequila.)

I think I posted it earlier, but I've done faux dark and stormies with ginger syrup, seltzer, and rum. The syrup is a pleasant by-product of making homemade candied ginger.

"Yazi" is a ginger flavored vodka my brother got me a bottle of a few years ago. Makes for a nice ginger martini, with a little slice of pickled ginger (like you get with sushi) rather then the olive.

I think I posted it earlier, but I've done faux dark and stormies with ginger syrup, seltzer, and rum. The syrup is a pleasant by-product of making homemade candied ginger.

"Yazi" is a ginger flavored vodka my brother got me a bottle of a few years ago. Makes for a nice ginger martini, with a little slice of pickled ginger (like you get with sushi) rather then the olive.

Yea, I noticed that the ginger slices worked very well as candied as well.

Burger King, what is it with you and Japan??

df5eeeb998bf235b014190a2b76e63311348329067_full.jpg

The, ahem, unique color scheme comes from mixing bamboo charcoal into the dough used to make the bun. And for bonus points, the curious condiment is, as Rocketnews24 puts it, “Black Flavored Ketchup, which is traditional ketchup blended with garlic and squid ink and specially seasoned for an extra kick.”

And then there's just madness.

mountain-dew-and-doritos-cupcakes.jpeg

Health food fanatics shield your eyes from the neon hues of these Mountain Dew and Doritos Cupcakes. Yes, the popular chip and soda indulgence has combined forces to create the perfect guilty pleasure. The restaurant 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Florida is the mastermind behind this wildly popular confection. How can anyone say no to a junk food mash-up of this magnitude served atop a cake? No one, that’s who.

These Mountain Dew and Doritos Cupcakes are almost too naughty to mention. These tasty titans are comprised of dense, moist cupcakes, topped with Mountain Dew buttercream and finally rolled in crushed Doritos. The perfect symphony of salty/sweet, these jacked up junk food creations are sure to have you smiling from ear to ear.

The line between madness and genius is a thin one...

enhanced-buzz-26075-1349109581-1.jpg

i do something similer. I use the last crumbs at the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips (crushed up a bit) to thicken buritto filling. Now, I don't use cool ranch, but I realy like the pepper grinder idea. Right now I just keep the crumbs in a ziplock bag.

Anything from Godiva. After decades of eating their chocolate I no longer can. It is just way too sweet.

I lost my taste for milk chocolate long ago, way too sweet. Add a candy shell, like M&Ms and it's overwhelming. Dark or bittersweet chocolate is still a nice treat though.

I lost my taste for milk chocolate long ago' date=' way too sweet. Add a candy shell, like M&Ms and it's overwhelming. Dark or bittersweet chocolate is still a nice treat though.[/quote']

I have resorted to adding cocoa powder and vanilla to oatmeal to get my chocolate fix. According to some studies, moderate consumption of Chocolate may aid weight loss (in moderation. If you eat a box of Snickers bars you will still very likely get fat as a pig).

Tonight, I'm making chili ... cheap chili. My usual recipe is ...

1 can tomato soup

1 can bean with bacon soup

1 can chili no beans

Get all 3 cans as close to the same size as possible. Pour into saucepan, add 1 cup of water (optional: I frequently skip this). Add seasonings and spices as desired while heating.

Tonight, though, I'm experimenting, replacing the tomato soup with a can of cheddar cheese soup.

Edit:

The experiment is a success. This stuff is excellent. I added a generous helping of chili powder and Old El Paso taco seasoning, and some onion powder and garlic powder for seasonings.