Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Was on a trip the last week. Last four nights was spent at the Paris in Vegas.

There's a Crepe place with some tables nearby, great for watching people, and on 12/12/12 the number of brides was quite something.

I think we went every night: Le Creparie

Butter & Cream, Fresh Berry, Blueberry Lemon, and Nutella were the desert ones tried.

Three cheese was the only savory one we had, but the others looked good.

8272597993_48837e46eb.jpg

Sorry the image quality isn't that good.

Tonight is the company Xmas party. It's held at a very nice restaurant and they really treat us well. Here's the menu, set weeks ago:

First:

Toasted panna rustic with roasted garlic, warmed goat cheese, sundried tomato, olives, roasted red peppers and extra virgin olive oil

Second:

Organic beet salad with romaine, cucumber, plum tomato,

Cucumber, walnuts and mozzarella tossed in roasted garlic infused olive oil with lemon and balsamic reduction,

Artisan greens with assorted vegetables, gorgonzola cheese, bacon and red wine vinaigrette

Or soup of the day

Third:

Grilled butcher cut pork chop with white cheddar and corn polenta, grilled zucchini and chipotle pepper miring wine sauce,

Braised buffalo short ribs with garlic and chive mashed yukon gold potatoes, haricot verts, roasted crimini mushrooms and whit truffle, herb and sherry wine reduction,

Seared tuna steak lemon grass and lime leaf rice, fried green tomato, avocado and spicy miso peanut sauce,

Grilled duck served over chanterelle ravioli in a roasted tomato chardonnay wine sauce with wilted spinach, gorgonzola and pecans,

Or Curried tofu stir fry with assorted vegetables and lemon grass rice

Fourth:

Dark chocolate mexican mousse

or butterscotch creme brûlée

Beverages will include daniel ghers chardonnay, cesari due torri pinot grigio, lees fitch cabernet sauvignon and mc manis merlot. assorted beers , coffees , teas and sodas

Unfortunately, today we got an email that a delivery truck with our food didn't make it so the duck has been replaced by a flat iron steak. (That's right... the duck truck got stuck.) I was looking forward to the duck, too. Oh, well. The important thing is that the butterscotch creme brulee is still on.

I'm planning to visit a cousin I haven't seen in a long time tomorrow, and think I'll ask her if she'd like to eat at The Beauty Shop or Napa Cafe. Alas, I too will be duckless judging by their current menus (and Napa Cafe used to cook some of the best I've ever eaten), but I'm sure the food will be great at either place.

Country Kettle Fudge from Long beach Island, NJ. It was devastated during Sandy and the businesses are asking us to please buy so they can get back on their feet. I'm no Surfer but this fudge was a big part of my childhood and they opened early December for Christmas so I have bought some for gifts.

The flavors include Toll House Cookie, Mint chocolate chip and Oreo cookie plus many others.

Country Kettle Fudge from Long beach Island, NJ. It was devastated during Sandy and the businesses are asking us to please buy so they can get back on their feet. I'm no Surfer but this fudge was a big part of my childhood and they opened early December for Christmas so I have bought some for gifts.

The flavors include Toll House Cookie, Mint chocolate chip and Oreo cookie plus many others.

... do they do Internet sales?!

That sounds sinfully good.

The Double Sensation Pizza The Double Sensation's outer crust is filled with mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar cheese, which oozes out from strategically placed notches all the way around the edge. The smaller crust is stuffed with a chicken sausage that is itself stuffed with bits of cheese. The entire thing is liberally covered in pepper-Alfredo sauce, salsa sauce, smoked chicken, turkey ham, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and zucchini.

pizza-hut-double-sensation-jpg_182819.jpg

The Double Sensation Pizza The Double Sensation's outer crust is filled with mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar cheese, which oozes out from strategically placed notches all the way around the edge. The smaller crust is stuffed with a chicken sausage that is itself stuffed with bits of cheese. The entire thing is liberally covered in pepper-Alfredo sauce, salsa sauce, smoked chicken, turkey ham, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and zucchini.

pizza-hut-double-sensation-jpg_182819.jpg

...Can you get extra toppings?