A Series Of Spells

Kal'El Wayne

I have a few characters (two, to be precise) in a really 'roleplay' style game of Fantasy Hero. One, the guy, is a transformation/life wizard for the most part, but the girl is more of a generalist.

Unfortunately, I need some help coming up with the more esoteric spells. Obvious spells like 'Dragon Shape' and 'Wings' are pretty simple. However, since I have a focus on roleplaying, I need some help.

First, Joban's transformations.

Let's start with 'Weight Of The Ages'.

I should explain that the people of his country of origin, Harwin, believe that bigger women are more beautiful, more compassionate and wiser. They basically worship a fertility goddess called 'Harlee' and every autumn they celebrate the harvest as being the time when she becomes pregnant with herself.

So I figured that he should have a simple low level spell that made a woman magically gain weight and increase their Comeliness at the same time. It would be fast, to an unnatural extent, but not so fast that it becomes obvious that he was the culprit. The target certainly shouldn't show an appreciable difference the same day. It should probably have No Normal Defence: Targets already 180lbs or more are immune. And it only works on women because Joban is picky like that.

What do you think?

A typical transformation Usable As Attack with Delayed Effect?

Re: A Series Of Spells

Harlee's Autumn Weight Gain Spell: Persistant; vs Mental DEF;

Range 45”; Total Cost: 6; Active: 9;

Growth: 5 pts (2xMass, +5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN)

Advantages:

Usable Against Others,

Invisible All Sense Groups,

Costs No End;

Persistent;

NND (Immune if weight >180)

Based on ECV (vs Targets Mental DEF – usually 0 in FH);

Also avoids RANGE MODS

Ranged – Max = 5xAPs

Limitations:

Fragile, Expend, Universal OAF (Pasta Flour)

Affect is gradual; takes one week to complete weight gain.

Gestures

Incantation – Casting Only

Limited powers - Only Up to weight of 180

Fades after 1 Week at (180-Orig Wt)/10 per day

Requires Skill Roll

0 DCV casting only

Characteristic (COM) 4 pts (+8 COM)

Advantages:

As Above without Costs No END and without Persistent

Limitations:

As Above with Linked

OIF is Rose Oil

• 2 weeks later...

Nice spell. Thanks, guys. My spellbook has started to take shape.

Anyone think of a reasonable transformation spell which fits the character concept? Other than general utility and combat spells?

I've also been think about a body-fat to armour spell. One that turns the targets body-fat into a tough natural armour, to help his sister (my other character) in combat. I think that I would like it to be more effective if the target has more body-fat, both as a roleplaying device (the country that considers bigger to be better makes a spell that makes you more effective in combat if you gain weight.) and from a mechanics standpoint (it makes the spell more useful for him and his sister than a party fighter, helping to boost the less well armoured members of the party.)

Any ideas for that? It'd last a limited time, like ten minutes or an hour at most, but by then the fight should be over, one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Damage resistance with linked armor (limited power, only targets with extensive body fat) both usable by other/simultaneously, as well as the usual magic limitations including continuing charges.

perhaps an Aid INT with a transform side effect (target to target with more body fat) to represent the Wisdom of Harlee.

And growing tentacles is always fun...