Rock & Roll babes in power Armor

Michael Hopcroft

aka has anyone ever done writeups of the cast of Bubblegum Crisis?

It would be interesting to see what the Knight Sabers are like both in and out of the hardsuits, what the AD Police write up as (and how you avoid a high body count when running them) and how powerful the Boomers are in HERO terms.

Re: Rock & Roll babes in power Armor

Originally posted by Michael Hopcroft

aka has anyone ever done writeups of the cast of Bubblegum Crisis?

It would be interesting to see what the Knight Sabers are like both in and out of the hardsuits, what the AD Police write up as (and how you avoid a high body count when running them) and how powerful the Boomers are in HERO terms.

There was a Fuzion sourcebook for a Bubblegun Crisis game. That should be readily translatable to HERO.

I absolutely LOVE BGC. It is what turned me on to Anime and is still my favorite.

I have all the FUZION (@#$#) BGC books and have looked several times into converting them from FUZION into full blown HERO. It isn't as easy as it looks, in fact, it is near impossible.

I instead, have decided to use the FUZION books as guidelines and information. For that they are awesome.

All that said, I have never actually gone through and done it. Usually when I start it is because someone has given interest in doing a campaign on it, but it always goes south. Someday I will do it though...I swear.

Since you asked...

My brother wrote up the 5 Knight Saber ladies. I have no idea about how he did it but when our hero group suddenly ran up against Boomers, the Knight Sabers came right in to help. They seemed flawlessly put together powerwise.

There are Hero conversion notes for the Fuzion BGC stuff in the back of the BGC: Before and After supplement, which covers the Bubblegum Crash and AD Police OAV (not to be confused with the AD Police TV show or BGC 2040).

Boomers with a more reasonable point total can also be found on the last page of the Invasions: Target Earth Champions sourcebook.

• 2 weeks later...

quite some years ago, Doug Garret (author of DI) ran a campaign based on BGC. Our suits were built essentially as vehicles, with force wall type defenses against anything except knockback.

Every now and then I think about writing up the campaign as a sourcebook, but I always get distracted before anything comes of it.