Traveller HERO: end is approaching

Eodin

Re: Traveller HERO: end is approaching

Does the license expiring mean you can't produce any new material or does it also prevent the sale of current stock as well?

I just heard back from Polaris, and it means Everything gets pulled.

On a more positive note, he said that ComStar managed to get an extension, so it all gets pulled November 30th instead of November 1st.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody besides Comstar sell the TH products? They appear to only have 2 payment options... Paypal or Check/MO' date=' I would really like to us a Visa Card...[/quote']

ComStar games produces it, so that's where all of the TH books can be bought from. However, some of the TravellerHERO books are available through some of the resellers, like Amazon or RPGNow. When I did a web search for TravellerHERO, I got

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=traveller+hero&tag=yahhyd-20&index=aps&hvadid=29107791511&ref=pd_sl_3u15wzmklj_e

• 3 weeks later...

its using an OGL but non D20 system, I have looked at it, and wont touch it with a 10 foot pole at .1c, it does have interesting possibilities, but I want as little to do with mongoose traveller products as possible. its too bad they couldnt adapt A Call to Arms for use with Traveller, ACTA is a nice simple system, thats a lot like Battlefleet Gothic in some respects.

• 2 weeks later...

We are hoping to continue to support Star Hero, and the material will be quite usable with Traveller Hero...

William

ComStar

Hmm... ever consider a license to use Hero Games's Terran Empire or Alien Wars settings? Lots of potential material currently lying fallow. And I've seen a number of HEROphiles around here express interest in writing for them... :sneaky:

The Terran Empire universe itself has so much potential, and I have a lot of ideas on stuff I want to see done with it, whether those will meet with approval from the powers that be for various reasons is unknown at this point, but if things come to pass, there will be plenty of useful stuff.

I figure we have plenty of equipment books already available, and quite a few starship designs, I could at least see a vehicles book, and a worlds book, again these are my ideas and suggestions only so far.

What we've discussed with Polaris in the past is a sort of "universe" project, so that many things are possible. One possibility (stress the word - possibility ) is for Kevin to work on the Terran Empire setting, I work on a High Frontier setting based in another galaxy, Susano works on a manga style setting in yet another galaxy... and of course we all collaborate.

We'll see, lots to yet be discussed internally, but many possibilities. :)

What we've discussed with Polaris in the past is a sort of "universe" project, so that many things are possible. One possibility (stress the word - possibility ) is for Kevin to work on the Terran Empire setting, I work on a High Frontier setting based in another galaxy, Susano works on a manga style setting in yet another galaxy... and of course we all collaborate.

We'll see, lots to yet be discussed internally, but many possibilities. :)

Hmm... I've not read a lot of that sort of manga... To make such a thing work, you'd want to recruit a serious fan of Leji Mas... Masa... the guy who created Captain Harlock and company. I mean, to me, a "manga Star Hero" setting means Macross, Space Battleship Yamoto, Gundam, Star Blazers, Voltron, Robotech, Captain Harlock, and so on. The best I can do is Outlaw Star, Outlanders, and Planetes.