Am I crazy (Cyber Hero)

Belirahc

Hey folks.

Am I going crazy? I thought I saw Cyber HERO advertised somewhere, but I cannot find the information anywhere on the internet or in my local area. I am assuming that it is not out because of this, but for some reason I still feel like I've seen a teaser or an advertisement for it somewhere. Anyone have any information on it?

Re: Am I crazy (Cyber Hero)

Hero Games put out a Cyber HERO sourcebook (to mixed reviews) for Fourth Edition HERO System in the early 1990s. Although an updated sourcebook for the genre has been discussed often, there's no official scheduling of it or even commitment to do it from HG at this time.

It's possible that what you saw might have referred to Kazei 5, a manga/anime-style cyberpunk setting sourcebook. Michael "Susano" Surbrook wrote this for Fourth Edition, and it's still available as an e-book from the Hero Games store; and Susano recently announced that an updated version of K5 (for the upcoming Sixth Edition HERO) will be published by Blackwyrm Games, who brought us The Algernon Files and Gestalt.

Guest Admiral C

It's possible that what you saw might have referred to Kazei 5, a manga/anime-style cyberpunk setting sourcebook. Michael "Susano" Surbrook wrote this for Fourth Edition, and it's still available as an e-book from the Hero Games store; and Susano recently announced that an updated version of K5 (for the upcoming Sixth Edition HERO) will be published by Blackwyrm Games, who brought us The Algernon Files and Gestalt.

Will this be an actual book-book or a PDF?

Thanks Liaden. It may have been the fourth edition I saw then. As for the Kazei 5 book, I have seen it but not picked it up. May have to look into it.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. If you're interested in K5, Susano has quite a few samples from the 4E book on his personal website: http://surbrook.devermore.net/worldbooks/kazei5/kazei5.html

The 4e CyberHERO wasn't very good IMO.

In addition to K5 you might gain some use out of my MetaCyber setting. A lot of generally usable cyberpunk related material is provided.

If I remember correctly, CyberHERO was a clunky adaptation of ICE's Cyberspace game, complete with a list of Cyberspace titles and conversion notes in the end. And no, it wasn't very good.

JoeG

I definitely want to do a new Cyber Hero -- so much so that I'm now spending my "copious spare time" doing the research (i.e., reading and underlining Cyberpunk novels), to save time later. Much like UFH, this is a genre book I think we could schedule mid-year, rather than having to make it a big GenCon release; it's not that big, broad, or complex a genre. However, the book is not scheduled at all, it's just something I'm thinking about. If and when we schedule it, trust me, we'll let you know. :hex:

If you want to discuss a potential CH book further, I suggest continuing this in the Star Hero forum; this isn't really the appropriate place for that type of talk. ;)