Schoolgirl Vapire

Michael Hopcroft

How do I go about buiolding a schoolgirl vampire for a horror campaign set in a high school?

She would have to be extremely attractive, immune to daylight (so she can go to school and pose as a student), and capable of seducing just about anyone of either gender. She would also have to be able to drink only some of someone's blood to divert suspicion and keep a teady supply. Her goal is to create a cadre of vampires at the school and turn it into a nest of the undead.

That sort of trick sounds like just her style.

I don't know hwo she'd feel about the school's goth clique -- would they be useful to her, or dangerous? How would the goths respond to a real vampire in their midst -- they may be even less likely than PCs to believe it.

One thing about the campaign idea I had in mind is that both angels and demons may be active in the setting -- and neither one likes vampires very much. The vampire might have a very high DEX and even some martial manuevers to face off against them. The PCs best chance against her would be to find out all they can, discover her weaknesses (a stake in the heart would ruin her day, but whose day would it not ruin?) and find a way to confront her where they have the advantage. Even then it may be a close run thing and one or more PCs may die in the final combat.

Schoolgirl Vampire

I'd recommend reading "Carmilla" by J.Sheridan Le Fanu as well as Dracula by Bram Stoker.Here's why:

(1) If your vampire can shapeshift,I'd recommend she shift into a cat form.Not only will most people ignore her,Carmilla could shapeshift into a cat,so there is a precedent in the literature.

(2) In pre-Nosferatu vampire stories,vampires had no powers in daylight,but could move about normally.In game terms all non-innate Powers (with the exception of her blood drain) should be bought with the Limitation Doesn't work in Daylight .Of course,her Characteristics,Skills,Talents and Perks are unaffected (so she can buy Combat Luck that works in daylight.After all,that's what Dracula did).

cold hands, dark hearts

I know it is for Big Eyes, Small Mouth AND it is a bit of shameless self promotion on my part (for which you MUST forgive me), but I wrote a book for BESM called Cold Hands, Dark Hearts which has some of these anime horror concepts. It could be easily translated to Hero with the proper conversion sites (which I know are out there).

http://www.guardiansorder.com/besm/

I have a section on campaigning in the book with a Monster High School suggestion, but you have obviously thought this through. A bit of tweaking could see you modify the abilities of the Kyuuketsuki (Japanese vampire).

It's more of a campaign setting book.

Make her a traditional gaki instead. Gaki might feed on most any one thing (blood being common, only food and things like jewels and money excluded). Gaki usually appear only at night, but they are shapeshifters. It would make sense that that might only apply to their natural forms (which are hideous, btw, but their morphing can hide that).

Here's what I suggest, your gaki could obtain its nourishment from sex, draining the victim as appropriate. The morphing covers the Equal Opportunity Sexifier requirement. Do some research on gaki, if you aren't familiar with them.

Anyway, I should credit my info to GURPS Japan, which explains them pretty well.

The tiny tiny bit that I've heard/seen/read about Gaki say that they revert to their natural forms when they kill and that they can assume the shape/form of anything they do kill (that's also, I believe the only way they can actually be killed is when in natural form).

Um, as to what they feed on: Souls, Flesh, Blood, Psi-energy, ummm . . I think the list goes on and on. (But this was already said . . )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One other question about the schoolgirl vampire -- who would her adversaries be? Would she be so powerful that a bunch of normal schoolkids who stumble onto her secxret would just be more prey, or is there actually a way to destory her (preferably without leaving behind an embarassing corpse that would lead to murder charges -- I remember the scene in Werner Herzog's Nosferatu the Vampyre where Docotr Van Helsing is led off by the police with a bloody stake in hand -- he'd killed the title vampire but was going to hanged for it.

here she is

here is my first try at the schoolgirl vampire character:

Yui Kawaiishiko

Player:

Val Char Cost
30 STR 20
24 DEX 42
20 CON 20
18 BODY 16
20 INT 10
20 EGO 20
25 PRE 15
20 COM 5
15 PD 6
9 ED 2
5 SPD 16
10 REC 0
40 END 0
50 STUN 7
9" RUN02" SWIM06" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 179

Cost Power END
7 Fangs: HKA 0d6 + 1 (0 1/2d6 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2) (7 Active Points) 1
33 Drink Blood: RKA 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), NND (defense is not having blood or protective skin or equipment too thick to bite through) Standard (+1), Does BODY (+1), Continuous (+1) (67 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Fangs Must Do BODY First (-1/2)
64 Create Vampire: Major Transform 10d6 ((humans into lesser vampires, heals back through special exorcisms and holy rituals)), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (225 Active Points); Must Drain All But 1 BODY Of Victim's Blood With Drink Blood, Then Have Him Drink 1/2d6 BODY'S Worth Of Vampire's Blood (-1), No Range (-1/2), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Limited Target Humans (-1/2)
10 Claws: HKA 0 1/2d6 (1d6 + 1 w/STR) 1
70 Hypnotic Gaze: Mind Control 12d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (105 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2)
60 Undead Body: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30)
3 Undead Body: Damage Resistance (4 PD/2 ED)
14 Hard To Slay: Healing 3 BODY, Custom Adder, Resurrection (others can stop resurrection by burning the body, driving a stake through the vampire's heart, or cutting off its head and filling its mouth with holy wafers), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (100 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 3/4), Limited Power (Doesn't Work in Daylight) Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (-2), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage (Wooden Weapons) One Type of Damage (-1/4)
47 Undead Vitality: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)
6 Swift: +3" Running (9" total) 1
2 Vampire's Senses: +2 PER with Normal Hearing
5 Vampire's Eyes: Nightvision
11 Mist Form: Desolidification (affected by affected by wind, heat, or cold) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Does not work in Daylight; -2), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) 4
35 Wolf and Bat Forms: Multiform (assume 150-point wolf or bat form) (150 Character Points in the most expensive form) (x2 Number Of Forms)
52 Call Dark Creatures: Summon 16 90-point wolves, rats, or bats, Expanded Class of Beings Very Limited Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Amicable Slavishly Devoted (+1) (104 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 419

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 8d6 Strike
3 Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, 6d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
5 Killing Throw: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1 , Target Falls
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 20

Cost Skill
15 +3 with HTH Combat
3 Acrobatics 14-
3 Acting 14-
3 Breakfall 14-
5 Cramming
7 Climbing 16-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Contortionist 14-
3 Fast Draw 14-
4 Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
1 Language: French (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)
0 Language: Japanese (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
9 Seduction 17-
3 Streetwise 14-
7 Stealth 16-
Skills Cost: 74

Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
10 Follow-Through Attack
Talents Cost: 19

Total Character Cost: 711

Val Disadvantages
20 Distinctive Features: No Reflection Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
20 Hunted: Forces of Hell 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Cannot Enter A Dwelling Without Invitation Common, Total
20 Psychological Limitation: Aversion To Garlic Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Will Only Cross Running Water Via Bridges Uncommon, Total
10 Psychological Limitation: Addicted to Drinking Human Blood Common, Moderate
25 Susceptibility: when in contact with holy objects and places, 2d6 damage per Phase Common
10 Vulnerability: 2x STUN Water Attacks Uncommon
10 Vulnerability: 2x BODY Water Attacks Uncommon

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 75

Experience Required: 486

Total Experience Available: 486

Experience Unspent: 0

Yui is, by all appearances, an extremely attractive 16-year-old girl from Japan who attends the PCs high school. In reality, though, Yui has gone from school to school for over 100 years, using each successvie school as a hunting ground and breeding ground for her special cadre of undead. Yui uses the attractiveness she exudes as a weapon and is not afraid us use her own sexuality to lure victims to her of both genders. She has attracted the attention of hell's leigons, demons who haunt the borders between life and death and are determined to claim the souls of the undead. the forces of heaven aren;t too keen on vampires, either. Over the years, yui has learned her own vairety of martial art manuvers to fend them off.

One of the other thorns in her side right now is the local miko (Shinto shrine maiden), who goes to the same school and suspects that Yui is a vampire. If she ever catches her enemy alone, Yui plans to kill her very horrifically as a warning to any who might try to oppose her.

The literary Dracula walked in the sunlight and could drink small amounts of blood if he wanted to. He was just less powerful during the day. Stoker was much truer to the eastern european legends than those who followed him. I see no problems with it conceptually. The idea that vampires were destroyed by the sun was introduced by the old black and white movie "Nosferatu" and became a universal literary and cinema schtick that isn't necessarily true to the actual european legends - and frankly - stifles creativity.

I like the character there Mike. This got me thinking of a vampire school girl who to keep from getting bored, picks a mortal that she will on purpose make into an adversary. The mortal is always someone with talent and the brains to use them. Then begins a game of cat and mouse with our vampiress in full control of the game. But of course complications can arise from other supernatural things interupting the game. Any way good character, it got me to thinking.

G

Originally posted by yamamura

I like the character there Mike. This got me thinking of a vampire school girl who to keep from getting bored, picks a mortal that she will on purpose make into an adversary. The mortal is always someone with talent and the brains to use them. Then begins a game of cat and mouse with our vampiress in full control of the game. But of course complications can arise from other supernatural things interupting the game. Any way good character, it got me to thinking.

G

LOVE IT! And the shrine maiden would be perfect adversary for that "game" -- plus, if the miko is pretty, the victory will be all the sweeter (in every sense of the word -- I couldn't think of a way to put Yui's bisexuality into her stats, which is probably just as well.)