in the spirit of christmas!

DrDestiny

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: in the spirit of christmas!

Are you on the right track? Yeah' date=' I'd say so. :D:thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote']

Very dark and verboding.

Thanks! I like how the styles shaping up, but I think it's probably limited in its application

very impressive who is she?

I think she's called the Grey Huntress.

and she is hot...

She's Hot and Grey! Grey Huntress is one of those who straddle the hero / vigilante line (which is really why I stole her for this test pic)

Finished colour version. At least as finished as any of these quick test pics gets! Comments and criticism very welcome!

Grey Huntress was created by The Shades of Grey ( http://the-shades-of-gray.deviantart.com/ )

jw_GreyHuntress_p02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno. Seems a little too dark' date=' too muted. Makes her look diffused in a way (puffy). Of course it could be just my personal tastes. She doesn't look very svelte. Just my opinion. Not even worth 2 cents.[/quote']

I think it's just the lighting. It's a very noir pic.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that's breath-taking. Like an engraving, but coloured. Exquisite detail.

So many images of grief, loss and mourning -- and in the pouring rain, no less -- it makes the tear-ducts burn just looking at it.

What's the story behind the image?

The character pierced by his own staff is called Thor's Assassin, who is, despite the name, a hero. This scene is his first ever defeat.

TA is a remarkably well rounded-out character, who's past involved a decent into madness and the murder of his patron (Thor, hense the name). This scene is at the end of a climactic encouncer with another player's character.

I chose the pose deliberately so that TA would almost look relaxed, despite the violence done to him with his own staff. His aura of invincibility (ala the old gunfighter, forever challenged) gone. The weight of guilt over his past, lifted in defeat.

There's still a wee bit of tidying up to do - detailing on the armour and such like, but I actually like the mood of this one :)

jw_TA-vs-Juggy_small.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ooooh, I like these last pics, especially the first black and white one. Let's see. . . Yggdrassil? check. Hugin and Munin? Check. Odin of the One Eye? Check. Awesome. And then you go the other way and tease us with images of that pole dancer. However, I think it all ties in, especially since you have the office building with "FENRIS" on it, and the one-eyed young woman (who looks like she's only wearing a hoodie). I also like the pic of your sister and brother-in-law and the one of Thor's Assassin dying in the rain. Very atmospheric.

Lovely work, Doc, as always! That redhead's eyes are gorgeous, just stunning. You know who else did eyes like that? Jon J. Muth -- and that's a high compliment. :applause:

And, let me take a moment to pimp some of the Dr.'s other work -- he's got several illustrations in the upcoming Hero System Martial Arts book! :thumbup:

Ooooh' date=' I like these last pics, especially the first black and white one. Let's see. . . Yggdrassil? check. Hugin and Munin? Check. Odin of the One Eye? Check. Awesome. And then you go the other way and tease us with images of that pole dancer/ However, I think it all ties in, especially since you have the office building with "FENRIS" on it, and the one-eyed young woman (who looks like she's only wearing a hoodie). I also like the pic of your sister and brother-in-law and the one of Thor's Assassin dying in the rain. Very atmospheric.[/quote']

Thanks DB! The strip is set in two worlds, and you hit a bull on what two it is!

Lovely work, Doc, as always! That redhead's eyes are gorgeous, just stunning. You know who else did eyes like that? Jon J. Muth -- and that's a high compliment. :applause:

And, let me take a moment to pimp some of the Dr.'s other work -- he's got several illustrations in the upcoming Hero System Martial Arts book! :thumbup:

Heck, that is a high compliment! Thanks vey much!

• 1 month later...

After a lot of back and forth, and re-drawing, here's a (very) small version of page one of Huginn & Muninn, written by Ian Struckhoff, drawn and painted by me. A much, much bigger version is on my deviantArt page. Comments and crits are very welcome!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35370[/ATTACH]

After a lot of back and forth, and re-drawing, here's a (very) small version of page one of Huginn & Muninn, written by Ian Struckhoff, drawn and painted by me. A much, much bigger version is on my deviantArt page. Comments and crits are very welcome!

Amazing

• 2 weeks later...