in the spirit of christmas!

DrDestiny

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: in the spirit of christmas!

Very different from your usual art, but still very good.

What a monster!

well, it's actually what i'm like if i push the pencils a little further and tighten up the 'inking', but i prefer my wobbly style. the looseness just didn't work on this big pink fella tho'

Adamant- A metalic brick (entire body made of metal, though otherwise human looking) that wears a fedora, sun glasses, loose black cloathing, and a trench coat. Though muscular, he doesn't look like a body builder by any stretch. He carries a metal baseball bat (while it appears to be a normal alluminum bat it is actually a rod of solid steel). If it matters, his eyes are blueish silver.

My group actually has many strange-looking characters, so if you want to practice on something new, I can give you a few concepts.

Adamant- A metalic brick (entire body made of metal, though otherwise human looking) that wears a fedora, sun glasses, loose black cloathing, and a trench coat. Though muscular, he doesn't look like a body builder by any stretch. He carries a metal baseball bat (while it appears to be a normal alluminum bat it is actually a rod of solid steel). If it matters, his eyes are blueish silver.

My group actually has many strange-looking characters, so if you want to practice on something new, I can give you a few concepts.

very sorry, but i'm not taking any more on until the christmas back-log is cleared

next up, and back to my usual style, Overdrive, Happy Christmas!

...next up' date=' [b']Insomniac[/b] (i pushed the boat out on this one a bit)

This pose is absolutely explosive! The character looks as if he's about to erupt into violent action. The change in style seems to have worked very well for him...but I too prefer your more stylised "wobbly" style.

Whereabouts in the strange and mystical "world" of Cornwall are you, Dr. Dee? I ran around Cornwall with my husband some years back...though we were actually staying over the border in Clovelly, in Devon.

This pose is absolutely explosive! The character looks as if he's about to erupt into violent action. The change in style seems to have worked very well for him...but I too prefer your more stylised "wobbly" style.

Whereabouts in the strange and mystical "world" of Cornwall are you, Dr. Dee? I ran around Cornwall with my husband some years back...though we were actually staying over the border in Clovelly, in Devon.

thanks very much

i'm in the tiny village of st.john, which is kind of in the tamar valley. 5 mins to the coast, 15mins to the moors. nice.

What's the concept? Avenging Angel?

all i got i'm afraid was:

I would like him to be less anime but still keep his sharp, angular face shape. his colors are pale skin, red eyes, black hair, black wings, black suit, black shoes, white undershirt with a red tie.

thanks for the kind words :)

next up, Xaviex, Happy Christmas!

Oh my, what an incredible piece, Dr. Dee. This character is so beautiful...but also so vulgar and brutal (he's waving a thug's weapon, a BLOODY STRAIGHT RAZOR!)

The picture is wonderfully well executed, with marvellous detail and contrasts of colour/shape. It also invokes a whole series of unsettling psychological contrasts, with implications of the divine (the angelic wings) versus the infernal (the fiery demonic eyes), beauty versus horror, elegance versus savagery...this is great work.

[Whoops, upon further study I've realized that the weapon is a katana, foreshortened by the angle, and not a straight razor. I finally noticed the hilt. But the point about contrasts still stands and might even be strengthened by that; the vulgar brutality of splattering blood, the weapon of honour and aristocracy. A chaos versus law contrast.]

Oh my, what an incredible piece, Dr. Dee. This character is so beautiful...but also so vulgar and brutal (he's waving a thug's weapon, a BLOODY STRAIGHT RAZOR!)

The picture is wonderfully well executed, with marvellous detail and contrasts of colour/shape. It also invokes a whole series of unsettling psychological contrasts, with implications of the divine (the angelic wings) versus the infernal (the fiery demonic eyes), beauty versus horror, elegance versus savagery...this is great work.

[Whoops, upon further study I've realized that the weapon is a katana, foreshortened by the angle, and not a straight razor. I finally noticed the hilt. But the point about contrasts still stands and might even be strengthened by that; the vulgar brutality of splattering blood, the weapon of honour and aristocracy. A chaos versus law contrast.]

thank you very much :)

i really wish i'd put in the razor!