Help with Abilities

Mindscape

My group is playing in a Dark Champions game that is sort of like a take on Delta Green (lots of Lovecraft like monsters and things). We are playing mortal with no access to any form of magic or supernatural abilities yet (two of us are exmilitary and the other is a well armed civilian). So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for stuff that very well trained but mortal characters could do (low powered Brick tricks, gun tricks, interesting way to make some tech,...). We already have a ton of skills, combat levels, find weakness, and deadly blow. The level of realism is semi-high (any thing seen in Wanted is probably a little to over the top but other than that it sould be good).

Re: Help with Abilities

I'd say something, but it would sound too much like this:

Get Dark Champions' date=' it's loaded with this sort of thing.[/quote']

or this:

Get Pulp HERO' date=' it's loaded with this sort of thing.[/quote']

for posting it to be much more than a "what he said," so I won't post at all. That's the easiest road to resoultion.

Here's one I drew up called "Nine Lives" or "Cheat the Reaper." Or "Life is Cheap" since I show that you can get 8 extra lives for just 8 points.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49168

I also like "Tough Guy" - Damage Resistance that doesn't stop the first pt of BOD and doesn't stack with armor.

Maybe some of the abilities from Ultimate Martial Artist could be used too.

Lucius Alexander

Ultimate Palindromedary

In essence, buy a bunch of books. =)

Buuuuuut, on par with that... I'd refer in conceptual things like: the Die Hard movies, where he seems to get hurt... a LOT... but is generally fine as he goes along. Perhaps a form of slow regeneration with a limit to how much it can regenerate (below max).

Or... just some extra PD/ED for someone being pretty tough, beyond the human norm but not by much. Just enough for some "wow" factor.

Powers as superskills is covered in Ultimate Skill as well... which is a great book in general.

Ummm... there's also movies like Equilibrium, which likely strays into the Wanted arena; or Hard-boiled, The Killer, umm... Unleashed is interesting, as well as Fist of Legend for more martial arts stuff. Umm.. pretty much it for now. Brain is dead. Time for sleep.

9 Lives:

36 Cat? I'm a kitty cat!: Healing 10 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (187 Active Points); 9 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

Shouldn't this be *8* charges which never recover? After, all, the kitty-boo starts out with one life... :winkgrin:

Shouldn't this be *8* charges which never recover? After, all, the kitty-boo starts out with one life... :winkgrin:

Picky git. As it happens, that won't change the cost one iota, since I just modded the 8 to 9 per canon. But (sigh) yes, it would be 'eight more lives.'

Should also take a limitation, "Only engages if dead, -1/2."