Heart Shot

Doctor Agenda

Re: Heart Shot

I'm assuming it's this post which is a good one although if I was considering a Silver Weapon today I'd be looking at Titanium

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1575971&highlight=Silver#post1575971

The thing is that silver has almost always been treated as a protective metal. That those myths like all surviving myth, folklore and religion evolve as technology and social situations do, is to be expected.

You can always go the route of "Rifts"' date=' with wooden bullets and glorified SuperSoakers:p! I always hated that.[/quote']

So long as they're 'Glorified' they should work just fine although evidence of the Super-Soakers' Sainthood should be insisted upon and no skimping on the miracles. :)

I was actually asking for the information to use in a Rifts Hero game. I used vamps from the Bestiary, except I defined their defenses as not working against a heart shot from a wooden killing attack (-1/4).

I'll probably go with a different write-up in future, probably one where they have powers usable only in certain forms rather than multiform. It doesn't make sense to me that you can kill a vampire with an aluminum baseball bat in wolf-form. I will NEVER make vamps so vulnerable to running water they can't go out in the rain. Immersion in running water, yeah. Hit with firehose volume and intensity, maybe. But if the water in your squirt-gun ain't holy, or at least laced with garlic, you might not live long enough to regret using it.