The thumb-lighter trick

DataPacRat

Re: The thumb-lighter trick

And like Hugh' date=' I wouldn't allow a 1 pip EB to do any body at all, ever. It does a single point of Stun only.[/quote']

I have certain sympathy with Hyper-Man's point that EB BODY is normal damage whereas KA BODY is killing - makes a big difference.

However, I expect that 'flammable' materials have an inbuilt vulnerability to Fire SFX attacks and take BODY from that SFX whether or not the actual attack only does STUN.

Doc

Re: The thumb-lighter trick

He has no other fire-based powers - if anything' date=' he's an air elementalist. The metagame point of his having the thumb-trick at all are to demonstrate that he's not /just/ an air elementalist, and that he's at least trying to learn other sorts of magic, even if he's not all that accomplished in them yet. (I tried to think of similarly minor tricks for earth and water, but none appealed to me enough, so for now I've just stuck with the fire-based one.)[/quote']

I'm not just an air elementalist! I can also light my thumb on fire! :D

As he doesn't have any other fire-related powers, I'd probably have him pay the point or three to own the power in a modern supers game. In my current state of mind I'd skip the 1 pip RKA nonsense because you're either going to need to continuously hand-wave things (did you remember to pay for Uncontrolled to actually light something on fire so it stays burning after your done touching it?), or end up with a really long Power (and there's no reason why the thunb-lighter-trick power should take up more space than the more important Air Elemental powers he's probably also going to have).

My advice: Compare the usefulness of this ability to a Professional Skill and charge as much for it (1-3 points) and jot it down on the character sheet.