More Power Questions

d'Jarvish

Is there someplace specific I should post these? I added these to my old Magi-Nation post but noticed that no one was even viewing it.

I want characters to be able to activate Relics once a day and then it is active for maybe five minutes. At any time during this period the character should be able to use any powers of the Relic. How do I represent this?

Also how do I make a Relic that will reduce the END Cost of all Powers on Relics by 4 END for as long as it is activated?

Finally every Magi has a VPP which changes every turn without his control (this represents his hand). How would I make a Relic that would let you roll to see what goes in your hand and keep it if you want or throw it out if you don't?

Thanks

Re: More Power Questions

Just to point you in the right direction

Originally posted by d'Jarvish

I want characters to be able to activate Relics once a day and then it is active for maybe five minutes. At any time during this period the character should be able to use any powers of the Relic. How do I represent this?

Sounds like a continuing charge (or a variant) to me.

Also how do I make a Relic that will reduce the END Cost of all Powers on Relics by 4 END for as long as it is activated?

Probably a naked advantage bought as a focus (for the Relic).

i.e. 0 END (+1/2) on 60 Active point power (base cost = 60 * .5 = 30 pts), OAF (-1), Only to reduce END cost by up to 4 END (+0). Real cost 15 pts. Season to taste.

Finally every Magi has a VPP which changes every turn without his control (this represents his hand). How would I make a Relic that would let you roll to see what goes in your hand and keep it if you want or throw it out if you don't?

Looks like you'll need a cosmic style VPP to change as a 0 phase action and with no skill roll to change (+2 total advantages IIRC). Place a limitation on the VPP to represent the changing nature - probably base it on the No Conscious Control (-2) limitation. The points you save from this limitation can be bought off with the Relic.

e.g. if your NCC lim saves you 30 points on the control cost, you can have a Relic like so.

Peek-a-look Relic, buy off NCC lim on VPP (30 pts base), OAF (-1), only to discard 1 change per phase (-1??). Real cost: 10 pts.

Hope this helps.

!DrFURIOUS!

Thanks that helps a lot.

if a Relic has more than one Power then should I put them in a multipower and place the continuous charge on the multipower?

and if a relic's power can only be used once per activation of the relic should I give it the 1/day(-2) limitation or the 1/5 minutes(-0) limitation. (I'm assuming that since you can increase the recovery time by one step on the time chart for an additional -1/2 that you can do the opposite)

if a Relic has more than one Power then should I put them in a multipower and place the continuous charge on the multipower?

That really depends on how your envision the Relic working. If you can only use one power at a time, then a multipower would be appropriate. Either way, you don't HAVE to stick the powers in a multipower but it can save you points.

and if a relic's power can only be used once per activation of the relic should I give it the 1/day(-2) limitation or the 1/5 minutes(-0) limitation. (I'm assuming that since you can increase the recovery time by one step on the time chart for an additional -1/2 that you can do the opposite)

I'd probably apply the following limitation to all slots of the multipower:

Limitation: Once Relic is activated, may only be used in the next 5 minutes (-1/2).

(This is based on 1 Charge, continuing charge for 5 minutes. This would normally be a -3/4 limitation but since the above limitation is not as restrictive as this, I reduced it to -1/2.)

You should be able to apply this limitation to all the slots and hence to the reserve pool.

!DrFURIOUS!