Effects of Drugs in Hero

General Markov

Just something that's making me go crazy...... I know I've read the rules for the effects of different drugs in Hero System, but now I can't find it. Please help me! I'll probably check every 5 minutes to see if someone has posted an answer. The price for the fastest (and right) answer will be a choice between a big, slurpy (virtual) kiss by none other than me, or the secret content of the Mystery Box!

Re: Effects of Drugs in Hero

For Fifth Edition HERO' date=' the info you want will either be in [i']Dark Champions[/i] or the Equipment Guide, depending on what you're looking for.

Neither of which have Game Mechanics for the effects of real world drugs.

Nor is there any info on fictitious drugs.

There is information on Poisons, but that's not the same thing at all.

Neither of which have Game Mechanics for the effects of real world drugs.

Nor is there any info on fictitious drugs.

There is information on Poisons, but that's not the same thing at all.

Ah, of course, I should have realized that. :)

The only source of actual HERO mechanical builds for drugs that I know of is HERO System Almanac II from back in 1995. Of course that's long out of print now, but might still be available from larger game stores and sites like eBay and Amazon. The stats are for Fourth Edition HERO, but looking over the various builds I don't see much that would have to be changed to fit with Fifth. And the notes on administering drugs, lingering effects, cures, and so on look to be just as applicable.

The article in HSA II describes and stats the following drugs and poisons: Alcohol, Amphetamines, Carbon monoxide, Chloral hydrate, Chloroform, Cocaine, Ether, Hydrocyanic acid, LSD, Marijuana, Nerve gas, Nitrous oxide, PCP, Pentothal, Picrotoxin, Secobarbital, and Strychnine. Individual entries aren't exhaustive, but certainly enough to run them in a game.

Guest steamteck

I've never seem anything but you could just apply the limitations set up for poisons to other effects like stun or mind control etc.