Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Fedifensor

Re: Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Hm' date=' well, dragons are getting a cool reception in general. I suppose I might put Ladon on the back burner for a bit...[/quote']

I did (finally) get a chance to look at the three forms. The "Dragon Boy" is listed as 4'3" and 110 lbs - how old is the human form? The "Warrior Form" has +6 with any single attack - since these are 2-point levels, which attack is it? Regardless, +6 on top of your 8 CV would put you over campaign limits. The Dragon Form has frost breath, even though Crimson Flame was a fire dragon. In all forms, I have some issues with the disads...especially the four different Distinctive Features on the Warrior Form. You shouldn't have multiple distinctive features like that, as they all affect the same thing. They will need to be combined.

Basically, aside from any reservations I may have about a dragon character, there are mechanical issues with the build that would need to be resolved.

In te meantime, I'd like o put forth the concept for an arcane character... a defensive being at heart, she has well below the campaign typical damage (6d6-8d6 EB). The problem is, as a defensive mage, she has one devastating trick that elevates her to the big leagues:

She can subvert or circumvent most defenses (represented by Find Weakness 13-).

All the rest is fluff, but I can already tell she's a big Beatles fan...

So, some magical trick that spots the weaknesses in defenses. As long as your base damage doesn't top 8d6, that's feasible. I'd be monitoring it carefully, as Find Weakness has the potential to be devastating.

I'd like to see more of the concept. Time is short - applications close Friday night at 11:59 pm.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current update on submissions:

• Engram, gregarious mentalist (jwpacker) - final submission (post #120)
  • Luminous, shining detective (quozaxx) - final submission (received via private message)
  • Ladon, shifter with dragon form (Fabricati) - revised concept submitted, feedback given (post #182)
  • Cagliostro the Alchemist, master occultist (Vox) - final submission (post #120)
  • Hesperides, gene-spliced plant controller (Revenant) - feedback given, character being revamped
  • Black Arachnia, web-casting heroine (Corven_Ren) - final submission (post #156)
  • Chance, reborn dragon (JimMills) - revised concept submitted, feedback given
  • Animax, mimics the ability of animals (Checkmate) - final submission (post #178)
  • Sergeant Pepper, defensive mage with a Beatles fetish (Fabricati) - submission received, initial feedback given (post #286)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The version posted to these boards by Friday night at 11:59 pm (I'll say PST, even though I'm in Mountain Time) is the version I will judge your submission on. However, if you have sent me a version in private message or email, AND your status is listed as final submission, I will use that version. Any character without a character sheet AND background will be disqualified. Stats alone or story alone will not get you a spot - I need both. If you have not received the feedback you need to make a final version, please send me a private message or email. There have been a LOT of posts in this thread, and I was gone for a few days, so a reminder would be good.

Well, without much further ado, here's the other proposal:

Sergeant Pepper

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

17 DEX 21

14 CON 8

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

23 EGO 26

10 PRE 0

18 COM 4

3/28 PD 0

3/28 ED 0

4 SPD 13

14 REC 16

32 END 2

28 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 109

Cost Power

18 Mr. Kite's Abjuration: Elemental Control, 36-point powers

19 1) Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points)

19 2) Flight 15", Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points)

30 Basic Wards: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

5 The World Bends To My Will!: Luck 1d6

5 Mental Wards: Mental Defense (10 points total)

30 I'll break your defenses with LOVE!: Find Weakness 13- with Magical Attacks

40 I'm not the best mage, but I'll have to do: Multipower, 40-point reserve

4u 1) Blackbird: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points)

2u 2) We Can Work It Out: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points)

8m 3) Sgt. Pepper's Shield I: Force Wall (14 PD) (Alterable Size) (40 Active Points)

8m 4) Sgt. Pepper's Shield II: Force Wall (14 ED) (Alterable Size) (40 Active Points)

2u 5) It was twenty years ago today... : Cosmetic Transform 8d6 (Myself into Sgt. Pepper and back) (40 Active Points); Limited Target (Myself; -1)

13 The wonder of the Apple SpellBook- lightest digital tome on the market!: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 10 base + 3 control cost, (15 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only With SpellBook (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 203

Cost Skill

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Defensive Magic (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) KS: Magic (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: Personal Wards (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: Wards (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Cryptography 13-

3 Acting 11-

3 Conversation 11-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Power: Magic 13-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Seduction 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Persuasion 11-

Skills Cost: 37

Cost Perk

1 Money: Well Off

Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Feels Naked Without Her Wards Up (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Lonely (Very Common, Moderate)

5 Hunted: [Arcane Villain/Rival] 8- (As Pow, Mildly Punish)

5 Rivalry: Professional ([Arcane Villain/Rival]; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

10 Hunted: [Arcane Hero] 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: Limited Sense of Touch (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Social Limitation: Wierdness Magnet (Occasionally, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Physically Unimposing (Frequently, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 115

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 35

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I have the background ready and waiting if you want me to email it. The Cosmetic Transform is so she changes her looks as well as her costume (kind of essential, because Sgt. Pepper is red-haired, green-eyed, and has a British accent, while the Secret ID does not).

Yes, I'm aware I don't have the full 150 in disads I need, I'd like some suggestions there.

Well, without much further ado, here's the other proposal:

Sergeant Pepper

I'll comment on mechanical issues because the background hasn't been posted:

• Drop "Costs END Only To Activate", replacing it with 1/2 END or something similar. Based on discussions with Zac, and the number of people using this as a poor man's 0 END limitation, I'm almost ready to ban this advantage outright.
  • If I'm reading your Force Walls correctly, the PD wall can be dropped with 1 point of energy damage, and the ED wall can be dropped with 1 point of physical damage. That's a Bic lighter or a child's punch. Did you mean to add Transparent as an advantage, or are the walls really that easy to drop?
  • I'm wary about VPPs. If I allow one in the game, there will be restrictions, and no means no. Things you can expect me to say no on include no raising the EB to 10d6 after you've used Find Weakness twice on the main bad guy, no violating of campaign limits (raising PD to 38, for example)...expect me to be watching this closely.

I have the background ready and waiting if you want me to email it. The Cosmetic Transform is so she changes her looks as well as her costume (kind of essential, because Sgt. Pepper is red-haired, green-eyed, and has a British accent, while the Secret ID does not).

There's no way I can give feedback on your disadvantages without the background. Some of them don't make sense right now, but maybe the background explains things.

Also, though I don't know the tone of the character until I see the background, your character may be pushing too hard on the 'fad' aspect of the Bronze Age, or the excessive lightheartedness of the Silver Age. I expect the Thebes campaign to be a bit more forgiving on both aspects, so if it doesn't work for Silverstone it may work for the other campaign city.

No, I was mostly playing around with the designer, coming up with names and made it. I can change the name, I was mostly doing it because I thought it was funny.

The Force Walls are meant to be used in conjunction (Hence, the two multislots); she can max out either or mix-and-match (the far more likely condition if she isn't facing common thugs armed only with pistols).

The VPP can't be used with Power Frameworks, so it can't increase that EB. It's mostly designed for little spells that she knows too many of to really be put into a Multipower effectively. Things like mending clothes, 5" of teleport for quick identity changes, etc., etc. Because of her flavor, of course, there probably isn't a single offense spell in the lot

I believe my submission to be updated in response to all the feedback from Zac and Fedifensor. Please see page 12, post 174.

Val Char Cost

10/55 STR 0

10/20 DEX 0

10/25 CON 0

10/14 BODY 0

18 INT 8

10/15 EGO 0

10/25 PRE 0

14/0 COM 2

2/28 PD 0

2/25 ED 0

2/5 SPD 0

4/25 REC 0

20/50 END 0

20/55 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2"/11" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 10

Cost Power END

165 Rhino Beetle Form: (Total: 206 Active Cost, 165 Real Cost) +45 STR (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 36) plus +10 DEX (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 24) plus +15 CON (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 24) plus +4 BODY (8 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) plus -14 COM (-7 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: -5) plus +17 PD (17 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 14) plus +20 ED (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16) plus +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16) plus +9 REC (18 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 14) 4

8 Large Size: (Total: 13 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Knockback Resistance -3" (6 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5) 0

40 Four-Armed Fighting: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) plus Extra Limbs (2) (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 55 Active Points of STR (14 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Rapid Attack (HTH) (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus WF: Off Hand (Real Cost: 1) 0

10 Beetle Powers: Elemental Control, 26-point powers, (13 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

10 1) Retractable Wings: Flight 15" (30 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3

10 2) Horn: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2 1/2d6 / 4d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3

9 3) Chitin Armor: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +3 with Missile Deflection (26 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3

8 Claws: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

16 Exoskeleton: Damage Resistance (22 PD/19 ED) (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

8 Antennae: Targeting with Normal Smell (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

6 Insect Mind: Mental Defense (9/10 points total) (7 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

Powers Cost: 290

Cost Skill

3 Analyze: Technology 13-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Biomechanics 13- (3 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Engineering 13- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Particle Physics 13- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Theoretical Physics 13- (3 Active Points)

10 +2 with a group of similar Skills (INT)

3 Tactics 13-

5 Teamwork 12- (14-)

Skills Cost: 47

Cost Perk

1 Research Facility: Vehicles & Bases

Perks Cost: 1

Cost Talent

2 Strong Willed: Resistance (2 points)

Talents Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Distinctive Features: Humanoid Rhinocerous Beetle (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: Biotech Agents and Mutants 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)

5 Money: Poor

5 Physical Limitation: Large Size (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Can Be Affected as Both Human and Animal Classes of Minds (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Scientific Curiosity (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear His Invention Will Fall into the Wrong Hands (Uncommon, Total)

10 Reputation: Mad Scientist, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group: Scientific Community)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

15 Susceptibility: Insecticides, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Warning - you have a 2 speed and a 5 speed in hero form. This is completely legal HOWEVER, if you are bottled in phase 12 you are screwed. If you can't change if you are restricted (does an entangle work? Force wall made like a cage?) agent level attacks at the beginning of the fight could doom you.

Warning - you are as weak as a kitten in normal form. Agents throw a stun gernde into a room (6d6 ED explosion, only stun) you are a gonner. Now, if you are cool with that, thats fine.

On your disads, there is no such thing as a Mutant in the game. Are these other people who have been changed by Biotech? This probably needs to be redefined as one Hunted for Biotech and another hunted (a group or an individual).

Your 28/25 defenses are above campaign limits for a 5 speed, as 25/25 defenses are standard. Now, a 28/22 may get you more in line (physically tougher but a tad more squishy to energy).

That leaves 4 armed fighting, and I don't know how to look at it yet. I think I am going to build a 2 arms, 2 legs, 4 spindle arms out of the back version based on a spider and see how it plays out (something like Lord Recluses Arachnoids out of CoV [skree!]). Using the same rules and being a bug, it could be a nasty combination. Various Toxins (NND, Drains), an entrangle, and a HTH KA could be a lethal combination for multiple heroes.

Doc, what are your thoughts of a beefer normal human and then the end all bug (going back to "The Fly"). This would solve some of you agent level problems in normal form and still allow you to beef up in Bug form.

(Posted from my G1 phone)

I'll comment in more detail tonight, but I don't believe 28/25 defenses are out of line for a 5 speed character with no ranged attack. Miracle exceeds the 25/25 limit as well, but with no raanged attack she will end up wasting phases to get into melee range.

I'll comment in more detail tonight, but I don't believe 28/25 defenses are out of line for a 5 speed character with no ranged attack. Miracle exceeds the 25/25 limit as well, but with no raanged attack she will end up wasting phases to get into melee range.

Fine with me. Just trying to stick to the posted campaign guidelines.

Warning - you have a 2 speed and a 5 speed in hero form. This is completely legal HOWEVER, if you are bottled in phase 12 you are screwed. If you can't change if you are restricted (does an entangle work? Force wall made like a cage?) agent level attacks at the beginning of the fight could doom you.

Warning - you are as weak as a kitten in normal form. Agents throw a stun gernde into a room (6d6 ED explosion, only stun) you are a gonner. Now, if you are cool with that, thats fine.

On your disads, there is no such thing as a Mutant in the game. Are these other people who have been changed by Biotech? This probably needs to be redefined as one Hunted for Biotech and another hunted (a group or an individual).

Your 28/25 defenses are above campaign limits for a 5 speed, as 25/25 defenses are standard. Now, a 28/22 may get you more in line (physically tougher but a tad more squishy to energy).

That leaves 4 armed fighting, and I don't know how to look at it yet. I think I am going to build a 2 arms, 2 legs, 4 spindle arms out of the back version based on a spider and see how it plays out (something like Lord Recluses Arachnoids out of CoV [skree!]). Using the same rules and being a bug, it could be a nasty combination. Various Toxins (NND, Drains), an entrangle, and a HTH KA could be a lethal combination for multiple heroes.

Doc' date=' what are your thoughts of a beefer normal human and then the end all bug (going back to "The Fly"). This would solve some of you agent level problems in normal form and still allow you to beef up in Bug form.[/quote']

What I meant by Biotech Mutants is, aside from agents they have access to mutated monsters they can send afer me. I like Fed's earlier idea to make Biotech part of Promethius. I love how this tidbit from the Catalyst Player's Guide lines up with the above. "It is believed (though not proven) that several criminal activities involving half-human half-animal crossbreeds can be traced back to Promethius."

I will take a hard look at the character to see if there is anything I can shave points from to improve his normal form. I don't think it will hurt my concept at all, I'm just not sure where to sacrifice points.

I'll wait to hear from Fed in regards to the Four Arms build. If he's not feeling it for his game (which I'm totally cool with) I will probably scrap the character and submit a new one.

Thanks both.

I'll wait to hear from Fed in regards to the Four Arms build. If he's not feeling it for his game (which I'm totally cool with) I will probably scrap the character and submit a new one.

Thanks both.

Ok, I built a few "arachnoids" at 200 points each... they are heavy agent level and brutal in melee combat. Three of these 200 point spiders against 2-350 point primes would probably not go well. Sweep grabs, basic attacks and layering entangles is just gross. Player characters would have to stay out of melee or only allow one of them to get in their "grill" at a time. A group of six heroes against ten of these jokers would be one nasty brawl.

I will let Doc open Pandora's box on this one. If he wants to bring four armed fighting into the game, then it will be in the game. If he decides not to bring it into the game, than I will leave it well enough alone. It appears pretty unbalanced for a phased combat system, especially for melee build characters.

Ok, I built a few "arachnoids" at 200 points each... they are heavy agent level and brutal in melee combat. Three of these 200 point spiders against 2-350 point primes would probably not go well. Sweep grabs, basic attacks and layering entangles is just gross. Player characters would have to stay out of melee or only allow one of them to get in their "grill" at a time. A group of six heroes against ten of these jokers would be one nasty brawl.

I will let Doc open Pandora's box on this one. If he wants to bring four armed fighting into the game, then it will be in the game. If he decides not to bring it into the game, than I will leave it well enough alone. It appears pretty unbalanced for a phased combat system, especially for melee build characters.

Just remember Sweeps take a Full Phase (Rapid Attack offsets this), each attack after the first comes with a cumulative -2 penalty (TWF offsets the penalty for 1 attack), and each attack costs END. Sweeping is a powerful option, but it comes with a price tag.

Four-arm fighting seems to be less a problem in that situation than the ability to ensure that the fighting takes place under conditions of their choosing. That is, after all, an advantage that PCs are usually denied, too.

~Gabriel

Four-arm fighting seems to be less a problem in that situation than the ability to ensure that the fighting takes place under conditions of their choosing. That is, after all, an advantage that PCs are usually denied, too.

~Gabriel

As a GM, I see Four Armed fighting as mostly a player usable ability. Agents normally dont have the skill and most players are usual spread out (one hero is flying over there, one on the ceiling over there, one in melee with me, one jus teleported by behind George, etc). Streaching makes this skill a bit better, as now you are not as limited with range. BUT, if the group is in a confined environment (like underground, closed in office, etc) then the situation changes. Here is a basic Skree (props to CoV's arachnoids):

Player: Skree

Val Char Cost

23 STR 13

18 DEX 24

18 CON 16

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0

10 EGO 0

10 PRE 0

10 COM 0

7/19 PD 2

7/15 ED 3

4 SPD 12

9 REC 0

36 END 0

31 STUN 0

18" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

4 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 70

Cost Power

15 Insect Man Hybrid: Elemental Control, 30-point powers

15 1) Carapace: Armor (12 PD/8 ED) (30 Active Points)

15 2) Piercing Claw: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (30 Active Points)

15 3) Running +12" (18" total), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (30 Active Points)

11 4) Entangle 2 1/2d6, 2 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4) (31 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

15 5) Venom: Drain END 3d6 (30 Active Points)

5 Spindle Like Spider Arms: Extra Limbs (4)

7 Spindle Arm Reach: Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points)

10 Spider Heritage: Clinging (normal STR)

Powers Cost: 108

Cost Skill

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)

1 WF: Off Hand, Unarmed Combat

3 Stealth 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

Skills Cost: 22

Total Character Cost: 200

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Distinctive Features: Its a big BUG! (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Susceptibility: Insecticides 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

15 Social Limitation: Considered NON-human (Frequently, Major)

15 Psychological Limitation: Bloodthirsty / Hunger (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Aversion to Bright Light (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Bestial (Very Common, Strong)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

As a more advanced agent, they are not a huge threat solo to a prime (they would be nasty in a Dark Champions or Street Champion game though). In packs however, they would be nasty. As soon as one got a hold of a target the others would gang up. I made a few larger versions (a 275 version and a 350 version) and it just keeps getting more sinister. Their weakness would be energy attacks (ahem, fire), which would really make short work of the bugs.

Cannot Be Escaped By Teleportation isn't something I'd expect to see on webbing. That's more an 'impenetrable force field' sort of Entangle advantage, isn't it? Are these critters mystical or scientific by nature?

~Gabriel

Cannot Be Escaped By Teleportation isn't something I'd expect to see on webbing. That's more an 'impenetrable force field' sort of Entangle advantage, isn't it? Are these critters mystical or scientific by nature?

~Gabriel

They are like you, scientific oddities... let loose to breed :eek:

I really thought about the teleportation issue. Usually teleport is a "get out of jail free card" when it comes to entangles. I thought for these guys, the glueish nature was a little more tacky.

Now, if they were just BIG spiders, then teleportation would be a non-issue. Since they are genetic abberations however, who knows what the mad scientists at Biotech (a subsidiary of you know who) were tinkering with.

I really thought about the teleportation issue. Usually teleport is a "get out of jail free card" when it comes to entangles. I thought for these guys, the glueish nature was a little more tacky.

Now, if they were just BIG spiders, then teleportation would be a non-issue. Since they are genetic abberations however, who knows what the mad scientists at Biotech (a subsidiary of you know who) were tinkering with.

So teleporting works, you're just still webbed? Or you actually can't teleport?

I'm trying to imagine this as a series of panels in a comic book:

"Blast! Caught in their web!"

Hero tries to teleport. Goes nowhere, for no apparent reason.

"Whaaa?!"

Hero gets munched by spiderthingy.

Alas, the hero could not hope to know that the editor of this comic REALLY HATES TELEPORTING.

:P

~Gabriel