Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Fedifensor

Re: Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

About the Devout Christian here is the official definition of Devout from the Master List of Limitations.

Devout

Common, Strong 15pts. / Common, Total 20pts.

A character with this Disadvantage acts in accordance to his religion (or rather, in accordance to his own interpretation of his religion) at all times. He may (or may not, depending on the religion) spend time trying to convert his companions to his own beliefs, and will most certainly argue with people over the accuracy of his faith when the question arises (except, of course, when proselytizing and argument about faith are inappropriate for the character's religion).

I am going to rework some of her Disads.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wasn't able to get HeroMachine to accept the code for Luminous, so I had to skip him. Guardian apparently used the same program I have. Rhino Beetle withdrew, and I don't see how I could draw that in the program I have. So, the next is Cagliostro...

cagliostro.jpg

Here's the version I drew based on that picture. I couldn't get the cloak to drape over, so I improvised. Also, the creator had a potion bottle, so I used it.

Oh' date=' I do like that one better, especially the second one. It was my first attempt at using an online tool like that, and I'll admit, I didn't go great guns on it. Your work suits him better.[/quote']

I found the program here. The program is in Portuguese, but it's not hard to figure out. I find it much more intuitive than Hero Machine, and I like the art style better.

Okay here is my Vixen like character. His name is Animax, simply because I can't think of anything better. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

ANIMAX

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

26 DEX 48 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

23 CON 26 14-

12 BODY 4 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 15-

11 EGO 2 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

12 COM 1 11-

18 PD 6 Total: 18 PD (8 rPD)

18 ED 5 Total: 18 ED (8 rED)

6 SPD 24 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 2

46 END 0

40 STUN 6 Total Characteristic Cost: 139

Movement: Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

16 Armored Costume: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

5 Mind of the Beast: Mental Defense (8 points total)

Animal Senses

6 1) Animal Insticts: +2 PER with all Sense Groups

5 2) Animal Smell: Discriminatory with Normal Smell

5 3) Tracking Scent: Tracking with Normal Smell

5 4) Animal Eyes: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)

3 5) Animal Ears: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group)

5 6) Acute Hearing: +11 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing

65 Animal Shift: Multipower, 65-point reserve, (65 Active Points)

3u 1) Animal Mastery: Mind Control 8d6 (Animal class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Non-Aquatic (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 2

1u 2) Ape's Strength: +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2)

4u 3) Cheetah's Speed: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 42 Real Cost) +3 DEX (9 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 6) plus Running 18" (Real Cost: 36) 4

4u 4) Rhino's Charge: (Total: 65 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Force Field (13 PD) (13 Active Points); Only vs Move-Through/by Damage (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus +30 STR (30 Active Points); Only For Damage with Move-Through/By (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Running 11" (Real Cost: 22) 6

1u 5) Condor's Flight: Gliding 20" (20 Active Points); Lockout (-1/2)

2u 6) Python's Grip: +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only for Grabs and Sqeeze (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

1u 7) Lion's Roar: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only for Fear Effects (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2)

1u 8) Lizard's Healing: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2)

5u 9) Crocodile's Body: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 55 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points) (Real Cost: 45) plus Swimming 10" (Real Cost: 10) 5

4u 10) Tiger's Limbs: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 45 Real Cost) +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) (Real Cost: 22) plus Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Leaping 5" (Real Cost: 5) 1

Martial Arts: Jungle Fighting

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Kick -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 Punch +0 +2 6d6 Strike

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

3 Legsweep +2 -1 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

Skills

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Concealment 13-

3 KS: Enviornmentalis Movement 13-

3 AK: African Jungle 13-

2 Navigation (Land) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Power: Jungle Powers 13-

3 Stealth 15-

2 Survival (Tropical) 13-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Animal Biology 13- (3 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Biology 13- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Botonay 13- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Chemistry 13- (3 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Pharmacology 13- (3 Active Points)

2 6) SS: Zoology 13- (3 Active Points)

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) AK: United States 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Conversation 8-

0 5) Deduction 8-

0 6) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 7) Persuasion 8-

0 8) PS: Scientist 11-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

0 10) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 187

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

15 Psychological Limitation: Animal RIghts Activist (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear Animal Side is Taking Over (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong)

10 Enraged: Takes Body (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

10 Enraged: Cornered (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

10 Physical Limitation: Effected as Animal and Human Class of Mind (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Hunted: Promethius 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Mystery Hunted 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Sight and Sound Flash (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Jerome's parrents were born in South Africa. They spent their lives fighting the oppression there. When his mother became pregnant, so immigrated to the United States to live with some relatives. His mother died giving birth to him, and Jerome was raised by his aunt and uncle. He had a relatively normal childhood, and his guardians instilled a sense of social responsibility. He decided to become a scientist and get involved with Enviornmentalism.

It was his activisim that brought information that a certian company may be doing unscrupulous things in South Africa. Determined to get to the bottom of it. He traveled to Aftrica, and during his investigation he discovered rumors that a tribe in the jungles was causing problems for the workers who were trying to illeagally dump hazardous wastes and the tribe was going to be "taken care of". He rushed to find the tribe and warn them. When Jerome did find the tribe, he spoke to the medicine man, who assured him everything would be fine.

The mercenaries arrived, the tribes warrior were ready for them. Hiding from bushes and trees, the warriors fought with courage and skill. They easily defeated the mercenaries dispite using spears and knives against guns. One of the mercinaries wasn't quite as finished as everyone had assumed. He raised a sidearm and fired at the Medicine Man. Jerome, seeing what was happeneing, knocked the Medicine Man out of the way and took the bullet in his place.

Jerome awoke a few days later, and the Medicine Man explained to him that he was the man in his dream. He was to be the protector. The Medicine Man had conducted a ritual to give Jerome the powers of the Jungle animals. The warriors trained him in their ways, and Jerome set out to protect the tribe. In a few months, he had made things very costly for the Mercenaries and the workers, so much so that the company decided to pack up and move their operations elsewhere.

The Medicine Man thanked Jermoe for his help, but explained to him that Jerome had his own tribe in his own villiage to protect. Jerome understood, and returned to Silverstone, where he learned the company was opening a branch...

Personality/Motivation: Jerome sees himself as the protector of his village. While not typically what one would think of as a villiage, it is the symbolism that matters. He fights to keep his viliage safe, even from itself. He secretly fears that the animal side in him may be taking over, and he's becoming less human and more animal.

Quote: You will not peddle your filth here.

Powers/Tactics: Jerome has the power to call on the abilites of the animals of the jungle. This makes him a veritile fighter. He can go from semi-brick to speedster. He uses this to make sure his opponents off balance so they can't prepare for him.

animax.jpg

I guess I should explain a couple of things. He can only use one power at a time so I've added Lockout to the Multipower Slots that have an Active Point low enough that he could use another slot. If the Active Point was too high in a slot, where no other slot could be activated, I didn't add Lockout, since it didn't really limit.

I tried to stay within the limits. He has 18 DEF's (8 resistant), and a 29 DEX. He can raise his DEX to 32 (his Cheetah power) but this means he only has an 8d6 attack. His Ape's STR gives him a 10d6 Attack but only a 29 DEX (OCV would be 8 on that 10d6 Attack). I dunno like you said, character balance is more of an art than science.

Another character with quite a few Enhanced Senses. I could get rid of the levels and Telescopic Hearing if you really wanted me to, but the others I'd be sad to let go.

In his origin I assumed that Promethius was an evil company that would do bad things. If this is a false assumption, I'd change that hunted to someone else.

Here's the version I drew based on that picture. I couldn't get the cloak to drape over' date=' so I improvised. Also, the creator had a potion bottle, so I used it.[/quote']

Hah! I like the Timmverse version, excepting the cape. I tried getting the program you used to load, but apparently my computer doesn't like it. Too bad, really; I was looking forward to translating the Portugeuse.

The physical appearance of Cagliostro is based somewhat on Doctor Gotham of Shadowpact fame, but also on a gentleman's traveling cloak of the Napoleonic era. I dunno; it just seemed appropriate somehow.

~Gabriel

Okay here is my Vixen like character. His name is Animax, simply because I can't think of anything better. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

ANIMAX

43 Animal Shift: Multipower, 65-point reserve, (65 Active Points); Visible (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

Notes: A Spirit form of the animal called apon can be seen when the slots of the multipower are switched, telling everyone what power is in use.

3u 1) Animal Mastery: Mind Control 8d6 (Animal class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Non-Aquatic (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 2

1u 2) Ape's Strength: +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2)

4u 3) Cheetah's Speed: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 42 Real Cost) +3 DEX (9 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 6) plus Running 18" (Real Cost: 36) 4

4u 4) Rhino's Charge: (Total: 65 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Force Field (13 PD) (13 Active Points); Only vs Move-Through/by Damage (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus +30 STR (30 Active Points); Only For Damage with Move-Through/By (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Running 11" (Real Cost: 22) 6

2u 6) Python's Grip: +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only for Grabs and Sqeeze (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

1u 7) Lion's Roar: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only for Fear Effects (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2)

1u 8) Lizard's Healing: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2)

5u 9) Crocodile's Body: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 55 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points) (Real Cost: 45) plus Swimming 10" (Real Cost: 10) 5

4u 10) Tiger's Limbs: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 45 Real Cost) +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) (Real Cost: 22) plus Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Leaping 5" (Real Cost: 5) 1

Some neat stuff and some scarry stuff. 1st Visible for a -1/4?! I can see you character having an "outline" or whatever showing the power effect. Do you really think that is worth a 1/4? Plus, some of you abilities have effects (like a HTH Killing Attack), which is already visible. So you are taking a disad on a power that already has the disad inate.

Second, some of your Rhino charge is going to allow a 6 speed and over 30 defense. They way I am trying to read this is the forcefield is only for moveby/move thrus OR is it on when you are doing move by/move thru. If someone attacks you while you are doing a move by/thru do you get the def?

Third, you are taking HTH Killing attacks, when you could just as easily take a martial style that had a HTH killing attack in it.

There is more, but those were the top three I saw right off.

Zac

Not to offend Hawk' date=' but could the person just THINK they are from other dimensions/times? Sort of a way to come to grips with what he can become.[/quote']

That could be a possibliity...after all disassociative disorder is quite real. Interesting....

very interesting.....

That could be a possibliity...after all disassociative disorder is quite real. Interesting....

very interesting.....

Upon the second though, wow Zac that is a very good idea. It matches up with the character's "ignored = emotional trauma = catalyst" background.

i think I just figured out how to post an HD file into a post. :again...haven't been to HG in so many years I got my account inactivated: :o

I'll have the Johnny 6 base PC posted in a few hours or less

Feedback - Animax

I like the concept. I also agree that the name could be better - maybe something like Totem, Jungle King...I'd have to do some research to think of others.

Characteristics: These are fine, except that I'm a little concerned about the Dexterity being so high. I think you're handicapping yourself, since it keeps you from having a slot for armor (rhino hide, turtle shell, etc). I would suggest 26 or 27.

Powers: Visible cannot be placed on the multipower as a whole, as you have powers which are already visible in some of the slots. I would personally write up the multipower differently, but your version isn't wrong (as long as Visible is restricted to the powers that aren't normally visible).

Martial Arts: While these are good on their own, I'm looking at the overall effect and it seems to be a bit strong. You only have 18 defenses, but with Kick and your Ape slot you can have a 12d6 attack, 8 OCV, and an 11 DCV, all combined with a 6 SPD. If you drop to a 10d6 attack (Punch), you can have a 10 OCV and a 12 DCV.

Skills: The skills all look good. I'm not a big fan of how HERO breaks up Survival into a ton of different areas that cost extra, so if you want to buy it as a 3-point skill, we can just assume general survival competence and not worry about specifics. I was thinking you might want to buy a second language from your time in Africa, but that's up to you.

Disadvantages: 2 x STUN Sight and Sound Flash (Common) - I'd only call this common if it's 2 x effect. There are a lot of attacks that can blind or deafen, but not many are written up to do damage. I'm a bit worried about having two Enraged on the same character, especially when 'Cornered' can be hard to define. The Promethius hunted is very appropriate.

Final Thoughts: I've liked Vixen since I saw the character on Justice League Unlimited, and the powerset is very interesting. I may do something similar to what I did with Cagliostro's character, because I'd like to see if I can figure out ways around the problems I mentioned above.

Some neat stuff and some scarry stuff. 1st Visible for a -1/4?! I can see you character having an "outline" or whatever showing the power effect. Do you really think that is worth a 1/4? Plus' date=' some of you abilities have effects (like a HTH Killing Attack), which is already visible. So you are taking a disad on a power that already has the disad inate.[/quote']

The limitation is only on the reserve, not individual slots. Normally there is no indication when a character switches slots on a multipower. The enemy has no idea which power he's going to be hit with next. I thought knowing exactly what power set he has active was a pretty strong tactical advantage.

Second' date=' some of your Rhino charge is going to allow a 6 speed and over 30 defense. They way I am trying to read this is the forcefield is only for moveby/move thrus OR is it on when you are doing move by/move thru. If someone attacks you while you are doing a move by/thru do you get the def?[/quote']

Attacks while in Rhino form do not go against the extra def. Only the damage he would take performing a move through/move by.

Third' date=' you are taking HTH Killing attacks, when you could just as easily take a martial style that had a HTH killing attack in it.[/quote']

It's claws, I've never seen an animal guy without claws, it's sort of a staple. He does have a Code vs. Killing if that helps at all.

There is more, but those were the top three I saw right off.

Zac

Let me know what.

Feedback - Animax

I like the concept. I also agree that the name could be better - maybe something like Totem, Jungle King...I'd have to do some research to think of others.

Characteristics: These are fine, except that I'm a little concerned about the Dexterity being so high. I think you're handicapping yourself, since it keeps you from having a slot for armor (rhino hide, turtle shell, etc). I would suggest 26 or 27.

Now realizing that I've done the math wrong on the martial arts, it probably makes more sense to drop this.

Powers: Visible cannot be placed on the multipower as a whole' date=' as you have powers which are already visible in some of the slots. I would personally write up the multipower differently, but your version isn't wrong (as long as Visible is restricted to the powers that aren't normally visible).[/quote']

As I told Zac, it's a limitation on the reserve, it doesn't effect the slots. Since the switching of most multipowers isn't visible and his is, I thought it appropriate.

Martial Arts: While these are good on their own' date=' I'm looking at the overall effect and it seems to be a bit strong. You only have 18 defenses, but with Kick and your Ape slot you can have a 12d6 attack, 8 OCV, and an [b']11 DCV[/b], all combined with a 6 SPD. If you drop to a 10d6 attack (Punch), you can have a 10 OCV and a 12 DCV.

Not sure how I tanked the math on that one. I can drop the DEX, which should help some. Maybe reduce Ape STR to +10?

Skills: The skills all look good. I'm not a big fan of how HERO breaks up Survival into a ton of different areas that cost extra' date=' so if you want to buy it as a 3-point skill, we can just assume general survival competence and not worry about specifics. I was thinking you might want to buy a second language from your time in Africa, but that's up to you.[/quote']

Thought about a language but got lazy and didn't feel like looking one up. I'll do the research.

Disadvantages: 2 x STUN Sight and Sound Flash (Common) - I'd only call this common if it's 2 x effect. There are a lot of attacks that can blind or deafen' date=' but not many are written up to do damage.[/quote']

Whoops that should say Effect, not STUN.

I'm a bit worried about having two Enraged on the same character' date=' especially when 'Cornered' can be hard to define.[/quote']

I wanted the Animal in his personality to be shown. Something to show that he should be afraid it's taking over. Should I drop the second enraged or redefine the conditions?

The Promethius hunted is very appropriate.

Great.

Final Thoughts: I've liked Vixen since I saw the character on Justice League Unlimited' date=' and the powerset is very interesting. I may do something similar to what I did with Cagliostro's character, because I'd like to see if I can figure out ways around the problems I mentioned above.[/quote']

Love to see what you come up with.

Without posting a new version, I've dropped all limitations on the Multipower reserve (Visible and Extra Time) and lowered his DEX to 26 and EGO to 11 to pay for it. Still considering which skills to move around to pay for the Language and Survival. And I dropped Ape STR to 10.

Love to see what you come up with.

Keep in mind that this is a rushed version. Let me know what you think.

[b]Animax - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
25    STR     15   25      14-       HTH Damage 5d6  END [2]
26    DEX     48   26      14-       OCV 9 DCV 9
23    CON     26   23      14-
12    BODY     4   12      11-
18    INT      8   18      13-       PER Roll 15-
13    EGO      6   13      12-       ECV: 4
15    PRE      5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
12    COM      1   12      11-
20    PD      11   20                20 PD (4 rPD)
20    ED      11   20                20 ED (4 rED)
6    SPD     24    6                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
10    REC      0   10
46    END      0   46
37    STUN     0   37
10    RUN      8   10"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
5    LEAP     0   5"                5" forward, 2 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 167[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
12     [b][i]Tough Skin[/i][/b]: Armor (4 PD/4 ED)
6     [b][i]Animal Instincts[/i][/b]: +2 PER with all Sense Groups
1     [b][i]Acute Hearing[/i][/b]: +2 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing
5     [b][i]Animal Eyes[/i][/b]: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)
3     [b][i]Animal Ears[/i][/b]: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group)
5     [b][i]Discerning Smell[/i][/b]: Discriminatory with Normal Smell
5     [b][i]Tracking Scent[/i][/b]: Tracking with Normal Smell
4     [b][i]Animal Grip[/i][/b]: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) - END=2

47     [b][i]Animal Kinship[/i][/b]: Multipower, 47-point reserve
4u     1)  [b][i]King of the Jungle[/i][/b]: Mind Control 7 1/2d6 (Animal class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4) (47 Active Points); Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) - END=5
3u     2)  [b][i]Ape[/i][/b]: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 34 Real Cost) +15 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) [b]plus[/b] Leaping 5" (Accurate), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points) (Real Cost: 15) [b]plus[/b] Swinging 10" (10 Active Points); Must be adjacent to surface at end of action (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)
4u     3)  [b][i]Cheetah[/i][/b]: (Total: 46 Active Cost, 38 Real Cost) +6 DEX (18 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) [b]plus[/b] Running 7", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (28 Active Points) (Real Cost: 28)
4u     4)  [b][i]Condor[/i][/b]: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 44 Real Cost) +3 DEX (9 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 6) [b]plus[/b] Flight 7" (Real Cost: 14) [b]plus[/b] Gliding 19", x4 Noncombat (Real Cost: 24)
4u     5)  [b][i]Lion[/i][/b]: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 41 Real Cost) +5 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) [b]plus[/b] +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) [b]plus[/b] Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (vs. PD) (Real Cost: 25)
3u     6)  [b][i]Lizard[/i][/b]: (Total: 46 Active Cost, 26 Real Cost) +8 REC (16 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) [b]plus[/b] Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4) (Real Cost: 13)
2u     7)  [b][i]Python[/i][/b]: +30 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Only for Grabs (including Squeeze) (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Visible (-1/4)
2u     8)  [b][i]Rhino[/i][/b]: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Only for damage with Move-By/Move-Through (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15) [b]plus[/b] +8 PD (8 Active Points); Only versus damage taken while performing Move-By/Move-Through (-1), Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3)
3u     9)  [b][i]Turtle[/i][/b]: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 32 Real Cost) Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); Side Effects (Reduces DEX by 5; -1/4), Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 20) [b]plus[/b] Power Defense (15 points) (15 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12)

[b]POWERS Cost: 117[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Jungle Fighting
5      1)  Kick:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 9d6 Strike
4      2)  Punch:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike
4      3)  Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      4)  Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3      5)  Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 35 STR for holding on
3      6)  Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6d6 Strike, Target Falls

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 23[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Acrobatics 14-
3      Breakfall 14-
3      Concealment 13-
3      Navigation 13-
3      Paramedics 13-
3      Power (DEX-based) 14-
3      Stealth 14-
3      Survival 13-
3      Tracking 13-
2      AK: African Jungle 11-
2      KS: Environmentalis Movement 11-
3      Scientist
2      1)  SS:  Animal Biology (INT-based) 13- (3 Active Points)
1      2)  SS:  Biology 11- (2 Active Points)
1      3)  SS:  Botony 11- (2 Active Points)
1      4)  SS:  Chemistry 11- (2 Active Points)
1      5)  SS:  Pharmacology 11- (2 Active Points)
2      6)  SS:  Zoology (INT-based) 13- (3 Active Points)

[b]SKILLS Cost: 42[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
15     Enraged:  takes BODY (Common), go 11-, recover 14-
20     Vulnerability:  2 x Effect Flash attacks (Common)
20     Hunted:  Promethius  8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Mystery Group 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Mystery Supervillain 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
5     Watched:  Mythos 8- (Mo Pow, Watching)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Protector of Animals (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Environmentalist (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Secretly fears embracing his animal instincts (Uncommon, Strong)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 349

EDIT: Here's an explaination.

The big thing I did that was different was make each multipower slot relatively equal, putting multiple powers in each slot if needed. Your forms have distinctive combat and noncombat uses. I also switched your Kick to the equivalent of a Sacrifice Strike (more OCV, less DCV). Here's the summary of forms:

• Ape - General combat form. 10d6 Punch at 9 OCV and 11 DCV, or 12d6 Kick at 10 OCV and 7 DCV.
  • Cheetah - Defensive/movement form. +6 DEX for a total 32 DEX (11 base OCV/DCV). 7d6 Punch at 11 OCV and 13 DCV, or 9d6 Kick at 12 OCV and 9 DCV. You become very hard to hit, but the punch won't do much to a full supervillain...in fact, it will bounce against a super built with the standard guidelines (25 average damage). The kick is very accurate, but drops your DCV back to normal, and does less damage than your punch in Ape form.
  • Condor - Flight/noncombat movement form. Harder to hit (10 base CV), but no other powers besides three-dimensional movement.
  • Lion - Intimidating, powerful form. The Presence isn't bought with a limit because the King of the Jungle should be hard to scare. 3d6+1 HKA at 9 OCV/9 DCV (this can be improved if I allow you to combine this with Martial Arts). 8d6 Punch at 9 OCV and 11 DCV, or 10d6 Kick at 10 OCV and 7 DCV.
  • Lizard - Healing form. Brings your REC to 18, and adds Regeneration. Good when you plan to take a phase for a recovery.
  • Python - Grappling form. I switched Choke Hold with a more general Martial Grab. You can grab someone and do an 11d6 squeeze, and it will be nearly impossible for them to escape (65 effective STR to hold someone).
  • Rhino - Charging form. Move-Through is 7 OCV (with 10" running), 6 DCV...but 14d6 damage! PD of 28 to resist Move-Through damage.
  • Turtle - Armored form. Your 30 PD/30 ED is tied with Miracle for highest in the group (assuming she has her multipower in Armor), but your Dex drops to 21. Offense is anemic - 7d6 Punch at 7 OCV and 9 DCV, or 9d6 Kick at 8 OCV and 5 DCV.

ANIMAX

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

29 DEX 57 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

23 CON 26 14-

12 BODY 4 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 15-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

12 COM 1 11-

18 PD 6 Total: 18 PD (8 rPD)

18 ED 5 Total: 18 ED (8 rED)

6 SPD 21 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 2

46 END 0

40 STUN 6 Total Characteristic Cost: 161

Movement: Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Animal Senses

5 6) Acute Hearing: +11 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing

43 Animal Shift: Multipower, 65-point reserve, (65 Active Points); Visible (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

Notes: A Spirit form of the animal called apon can be seen when the slots of the multipower are switched, telling everyone what power is in use.

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Kick -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 Punch +0 +2 6d6 Strike

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

3 Legsweep +2 -1 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

Skills

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Concealment 13-

3 KS: Enviornmentalis Movement 13-

2 Navigation (Land) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Scientist

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Conversation 8-

0 5) Deduction 8-

0 7) Persuasion 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 189

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Physical Limitation: Effected as Animal and Human Class of Mind (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Jerome's parrents were born in South Africa. They spent their lives fighting the oppression there. When his mother became pregnant, so immigrated to the United States to live with some relatives. His mother died giving birth to him, and Jerome was raised by his aunt and uncle. He had a relatively normal childhood, and his guardians instilled a sense of social responsibility. He decided to become a scientist and get involved with Enviornmentalism.

It was his activisim that brought information that a certian company may be doing unscrupulous things in South Africa. Determined to get to the bottom of it. He traveled to Aftrica, and during his investigation he discovered rumors that a tribe in the jungles was causing problems for the workers who were trying to illeagally dump hazardous wastes and the tribe was going to be "taken care of". He rushed to find the tribe and warn them. When Jerome did find the tribe, he spoke to the medicine man, who assured him everything would be fine.

The mercenaries arrived, the tribes warrior were ready for them. Hiding from bushes and trees, the warriors fought with courage and skill. They easily defeated the mercenaries dispite using spears and knives against guns. One of the mercinaries wasn't quite as finished as everyone had assumed. He raised a sidearm and fired at the Medicine Man. Jerome, seeing what was happeneing, knocked the Medicine Man out of the way and took the bullet in his place.

Jerome awoke a few days later, and the Medicine Man explained to him that he was the man in his dream. He was to be the protector. The Medicine Man had conducted a ritual to give Jerome the powers of the Jungle animals. The warriors trained him in their ways, and Jerome set out to protect the tribe. In a few months, he had made things very costly for the Mercenaries and the workers, so much so that the company decided to pack up and move their operations elsewhere.

The Medicine Man thanked Jermoe for his help, but explained to him that Jerome had his own tribe in his own villiage to protect. Jerome understood, and returned to Silverstone, where he learned the company was opening a branch...

Personality/Motivation: Jerome sees himself as the protector of his village. While not typically what one would think of as a villiage, it is the symbolism that matters. He fights to keep his viliage safe, even from itself. He secretly fears that the animal side in him may be taking over, and he's becoming less human and more animal.

Quote: You will not peddle your filth here.

Powers/Tactics: Jerome has the power to call on the abilites of the animals of the jungle. This makes him a veritile fighter. He can go from semi-brick to speedster. He uses this to make sure his opponents off balance so they can't prepare for him.

animax.jpg

I like the concept. Here are a few name suggestions: Feral, Primal, Instinct.

Johnny 6

Every story has a beginning, sometimes the author sets out to write it, but most often the story starts when no one is paying attention. My story is one of the latter varieties. My language arts teacher would be thrilled to see me use the word latter in a sentence. My story is all about when no one is paying attention. For years no one ever paid any attention to me, it was almost like I didn’t exist. That was when things got really interesting.

One day, just like all the rest, after I’d walked home…bus driver didn’t see me again…when I walked through the door to my folk’s apartment, I didn’t see the ratty couch or smell dad’s rank cigarette butts. Instead, I saw a world, well an ocean anyway. Strange, I know seeing an ocean in your living room; I did what any sane teenager would do, I turned around and bolted back out the door. After a few moments of “WTF?”; I calmly opened the door again fully expecting weirdness. I got the living room.

When my folks came home,

I wanted to tell them about my vision, but I chickened out. Being ignored was better than being subjected to the Look. The Look is their way of saying, “Are you still here?” I went to bed that night and dreamed about the world I saw that day. Upon waking I found that my dreams were tame compared to what would happen next.

First it was running from the Three, a group of juniors that ran Eastside High, and ending up running through a geyser filled basalt field. Then it was spending a week on board an alien spaceship. I mean how do you pronounce X’haop’c anyway? Their food was good though, I mean once I’d figured out was food and what was an essential part of the ship. But, what really blew my mind was meeting me.

You see I had started to believe that I was going somewhere in this universe. When I met J%nn1, I knew he was me from elsewhen. Elsewhen is the term I invented for the infinite number of alternate universes. J%nn1 was in deep straights. A hunter-seeker algorithm from his home sector had marked him. J%nn1 was me so I couldn’t just leave him hanging. Hitting it with a hovertruck let him escape. After the chase scene was complete, J%nn1 gave me a once over, he knew we were the same too, and informed me that I had great power. “Me?” I thought “great power?”

Well, my great power was not exactly under control or reliable. It got me into way more messes than it got me out of. Still, when I was somewhere else I could matter. I could do things. People noticed me. Sometimes, as I knew too well, being noticed by the wrong sort was by far the worst option. Some of the Elsewhens were dominated by people of extreme views on personal freedom. My power it seems offers the utmost in personal freedom. Not even the laws of reality can hold me; I’m like linguini in a colander. Some of those goons still show up now and again to harass me or take me back to some training/vivisection center to cut open my brain or something. Along the way though, I met a lot of people, even a few more of me. We call each other Alters. J%nn1 came up with it; J%nn1 is the smartest Alter I know.

I’d been doing this thing for a couple of years now, but at home, I was still nobody with a capital N. That was the day I saw that bus go skidding off the road. Driver had a heart attack they said. I wanted to help, but Just Johnny was a kid with a few karate moves picked up on JB19r’s world and a quicksilvery grasp on reality. I looked around at the road and realized that it was up to me. So I called up a me…or rather an Alter, Iron John to be precise, he is the strongest Alter I know. Iron John looked at me for a moment. I know that look; I use it regularly when I arrive in some strange Elsewhen. “Get that bus!” I shouted at him, and then Iron John and I sprang into action. In seconds the bus was safe and the police were informed. It was cool, once I thought about it; I was helping out on my own world. And my power…let’s just say I found that my power would do a lot more than I previously thought.

That was how it started. After that first rescue with Iron John I started to bring more of my Alters across to help. Now, I've been doing this hero bit for a few years. I found a new word I could apply to myself. Not geek, that name didn't fit that image anymore. I was a hero. I liked the sound of that.

Personality

After years of emotional neglect, Johnny's personality fractured into several distinct alters. Perhaps it was a response designed to relieve the lonleiness. Regardless, Johnny now has a slightly distorted image of the world. Not that he is dangerous, just has a very active fantasy life. He truly believes that he has journeyed to other places and times and engaged in great adventures. All of this could land him in serious therapy, except that one Johnny knows no one would believe him about his adventures and two his powers manifested in a spectular way: he can give life to his alters. Now his alters have bodies of their own...from time to time. When needed Johnny summons forth his alters to help him out.

Johnny is motivated by a perhaps juvinile desire to protect, to save, and make a difference. As such he has no desire to inflict harm, but has no compuctions about kicking butt. He is determined to become one of the universes greatest heroes.

Powers

Johnny 6 is a duplicator with the ability to create 5 very distinct individuals with unique powersets. These alters are free willed and possess fully developed personalities. Additionally, Johhny is a world scale teleporter with an ability to distort the space. Among his newest tricks is an effect that shunts his mass elsewhere enabling Johnny to walk through walls and other obstacles.

Johnny is an accomplished blackbelt. A feat encouraged by his disorder, as he attempted to fit in with his imaginary world. He rightly calls it his hero training. Additionally, Johnny became very interested in computers at a young age and began learning everything he could about them. Normally, Johnny puts his abilites to good use, although there was an incident in the recent past that plagues him involving NoCom computers and a percieved alien threat to the US.

Campaign Use

Johnny is a back up PC and Jack-of-All-Trades. He is not as good at any of his peers at what they do, but between his alters he can backstop nearly any hero with his complementary powerset

Appearance

Johnny is a young man just entering his freshman year at City College. He is very physically fit, which is most likely a sideeffect of his power. He wears glasses, since contacts are too expensive, in and out of costume. He has a tendency to be shy when dealing with people outside of his heroic persona, and neglects to make eye contact. In his hero persona, Johnny is exuberant and even a jokester. His alters possess wildly different personalities from the cold and methodical Johnny Bravo to the flirtacious and energetic Aguagirl.

Johnny 6

Player:

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

16 COM 3

15/23 PD 11

10/15 ED 6

4 SPD 10

8 REC 0

36 END 0

32 STUN 1

7" RUN 2

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 114

Cost Power

85 Dimension Walking: Duplication (creates 5 350-point Duplicates), No Averaging (+0), Altered Duplicates (100%; +1) (170 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Custom Modifier (-1/4)

7 Compartmentalized Mind: Mental Defense (10 points total)

50 Time and Space Tricks: Multipower, 50-point reserve

5u 1) D-Slide: Teleportation 22", Position Shift (49 Active Points)

5u 2) Long Jump: Teleportation 5", x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (50 Active Points)

5u 3) Taking it with me: Teleportation 10", x64 Increased Mass (50 Active Points)

5u 4) Playing on the warp and weft: Desolidification (affected by Extradimensional Effects), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points)

13 Reinforced Costume: Armor (8 PD/5 ED) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

4 Tonfa: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6 (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 179

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

I know Kung Fu!

4 1) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 2) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 / 3d6 Strike

4 3) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 35 STR / 15 STR to Disarm

4 4) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2 1/2d6 NND

4 5) +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

1 6) Weapon Element: Clubs

Martial Arts Cost: 21

Cost Skill

2 Language: Spanish (basic conversation; literate)

2 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons

10 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 13-

3 SS: Physics 13-

3 SS: Mathematics 13-

5 SS: Computer Science 14-

4 KS: Computer Systems 14-

3 PS: Student 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

1 Teamwork 8-

Skills Cost: 36

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Dependent NPC: Parents 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

15 Hunted: 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: US Government (for hacking their systems a few years ago) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 Money: college student working part time job Poor

5 Physical Limitation: Nearsighted (corrective lenses) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing (Very Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Disassociative Disorder (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Desires to be a great hero (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic, "Escaped" Johnny alter, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

10 Susceptibility: Being teleported, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Magic Effects (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Keep in mind that this is a rushed version. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Here's an explaination.

The big thing I did that was different was make each multipower slot relatively equal, putting multiple powers in each slot if needed. Your forms have distinctive combat and noncombat uses. I also switched your Kick to the equivalent of a Sacrifice Strike (more OCV, less DCV).

Well I had a HUGE post laid out explaining it, but I screwed up and hit preview when I thought I hit post, and then browsed to somewhere else and now it's gone. Long story short, I like some of your stuff, but for conceptual reasons I don't want to change everything like you have it. Here is my updated version, I think I have the SPD/DEX/Damage/Defense pretty close to where you had it.

Animax

Player: Checkmate

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

26 DEX 48

23 CON 26

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

12 COM 1

18 PD 6

18 ED 5

5 SPD 14

10 REC 2

46 END 0

40 STUN 6

7" RUN 2

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 139

Cost Power

5 Mind of the Beast: Mental Defense (7 points total)

Animal Senses

60 Animal Shift: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Animal Mastery: Mind Control 8d6 (Animal class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Non-Aquatic (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

4u 3) Cheetah's Speed: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 44 Real Cost) +6 DEX (18 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Running 16" (Real Cost: 32)

3u 4) Rhino's Charge: (Total: 56 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Force Field (13 PD) (13 Active Points); Only vs Move-Through/by Damage (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus Running 3" (Real Cost: 6) plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Only for Move-By/Through Damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15)

1u 7) Lion's Courage: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Lockout (-1/2)

5u 8) Crocodile's Body: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 55 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points) (Real Cost: 45) plus Swimming 10" (Real Cost: 10)

2u 9) Lizard's Healing: (Total: 44 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2) (Real Cost: 11) plus +7 REC (Real Cost: 14)

4u 10) Tiger's Limbs: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 45 Real Cost) +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) (Real Cost: 22) plus Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Leaping 5" (Real Cost: 5)

4u 11) Turttle's Shell: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Reduces DEX by 5; -1/2)

Powers Cost: 135

5 1) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 Strike

4 2) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike

4 3) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 4) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 5) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

3 6) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 24

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Concealment 13-

2 KS: Enviornmentalist Movement 11-

2 Navigation (Land) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Scientist

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Conversation 8-

0 5) Deduction 8-

0 7) Persuasion 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

Skills Cost: 45

Total Character Cost: 343

Pts. Disadvantage

The one thing I did want to bring up (again) is the Visible limitation. I don't want anyone to think I'm just greedy for points, I'm really not. I easily removed the limitation without having to get rid of anything I wanted. That said, let me explain my case:

I think we all agree that it is perfectly acceptable to put limitations on the POOL of a Multipower. A limitation that effects the POOL not the individual slots in the pool. If, for example, I need to say a magic word to change slots in a multipower, not to use the powers in the slots, but to shift the Multipower points into that slot, I could take Incantations on the pool itself, right? It's not the slots themelves that are visible, if I switch to ape, my arms don't get harry and long and everyone can see I have increased STR. It's what slot is active that is visible. So I call on the Ape, a Spirit Ape Forms and fades into my body. Everyone that sees that Spirit Ape enter my body knows I have increaed STR.

Assuming you agree with that, let me explain why I think my version of Visible will limit my character:

In a normal Multipower, the bad guy has no idea how the points are allocated. Does the hero have the points in his flight power? is it in his NND? Do I have to dive for cover? The bad guy doesn't know.

In my Multipower the bad guy sees the spirit form of the animal enter my body. If he sees the Ape Spirit enter my body, he knows I'm going to hit harder, and he may want to abort to a block. If he sees the Cheetah, he know I don't hit as hard, and he can probably take it. He also knows he should use his AoE to hit me. If it wasn't visible, one phase I hit him, and it bounced, he wouldn't know I swtiched, think he bounce the next attack and get flattened. One phase he hits without levels on Offense, he doesn't know I switched and now he misses.

I think having a bad guy know exactly what power set I'm using, gives them a definate tactical advantage, and should be worth some points. If you don't agree, well I can live with that :)

I think we all agree that it is perfectly acceptable to put limitations on the POOL of a Multipower. A limitation that effects the POOL not the individual slots in the pool. If' date=' for example, I need to say a magic word to change slots in a multipower, not to use the powers in the slots, but to shift the Multipower points into that slot, I could take Incantations on the pool itself, right?[/quote']

What's cheaper?

55 Mystic Blast: Energy Blast 11d6 (vs. ED)

OR

37 Multipower, 55-point reserve, (55 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

5u Mystic Blast: Energy Blast 11d6 (vs. ED) (55 Active Points)

1u Power I Never Use: Killing Attack - Ranged 3 1/2d6 (vs. ED) (55 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -4)

In the example above, I need Gestures and Incantations to change slots, but the limitation isn't on the powers within the slots. So, I just leave the MP in the first slot, and I'm never penalized by the limitation. In the process, I save 12 points versus just buying the EB outside of the multipower.

As you can see, allowing limitations only on the MP has the potential to be abusive. If you start in Ape form and spend the whole battle in Ape form, you're not penalized for having the power visible when the multipower changes. That's why I'm not allowing it on the pool cost.

It's not the slots themelves that are visible, if I switch to ape, my arms don't get harry and long and everyone can see I have increased STR. It's what slot is active that is visible. So I call on the Ape, a Spirit Ape Forms and fades into my body. Everyone that sees that Spirit Ape enter my body knows I have increaed STR.

It's called "special effects". You're asking for 12 points back because people know what slot you're using? Grond may not have visible on Strength, but I think everyone knows he's strong. Considering you can change slots as a 0-phase action, and foes can't prevent you from switching slots, I don't consider it to be worth 12 points of limitation.

In a normal Multipower, the bad guy has no idea how the points are allocated. Does the hero have the points in his flight power? is it in his NND? Do I have to dive for cover? The bad guy doesn't know.

In my Multipower the bad guy sees the spirit form of the animal enter my body. If he sees the Ape Spirit enter my body, he knows I'm going to hit harder, and he may want to abort to a block. If he sees the Cheetah, he know I don't hit as hard, and he can probably take it. He also knows he should use his AoE to hit me. If it wasn't visible, one phase I hit him, and it bounced, he wouldn't know I swtiched, think he bounce the next attack and get flattened. One phase he hits without levels on Offense, he doesn't know I switched and now he misses.

Some of that he won't know even if he sees the spirit form. Unless the foe has fought you before, he may think he's about to be ripped apart by claws, or you may run fast, or any number of possibilities. Apes are pretty agile, so he may assume more than strength. I think this is better covered by a disadvantage - Reputation. With Reputation - totem powers, the bad guy would know you take on the attributes of an animal, and can make a reputation roll to know more about the form you've just taken.

As a side note, the version I wrote up had either visible on a power or a power that uses END in every slot. The effect would be visible when it is used. So if you're in Turtle form, the spirit of the turtle is visible when you are hit. If you're in Rhino form, the spirit of the Rhino becomes visible when you charge.

I'll look at the build later tonight. However, I can say right now that the Turtle slot will need to be changed. 38/38 PD/ED, even when your damage drops to 8d6, is too much. You can still grab and legsweep while remaining nearly invulnerable to the average attack (11d6 averages at 38.5). Agents are a joke at that point.

Furthermore, that grab is an NND attack. You could use your choke hold in Cheetah form (9 OCV), then switch to Turtle form on the next phase. If the opponent doesn't have enough STR to get loose, he's completely hosed because your defenses are too high for him to drop you with damage.

:snip:

The one thing I did want to bring up (again) is the Visible limitation. I don't want anyone to think I'm just greedy for points, I'm really not. I easily removed the limitation without having to get rid of anything I wanted. That said, let me explain my case:

I think we all agree that it is perfectly acceptable to put limitations on the POOL of a Multipower. A limitation that effects the POOL not the individual slots in the pool. If, for example, I need to say a magic word to change slots in a multipower, not to use the powers in the slots, but to shift the Multipower points into that slot, I could take Incantations on the pool itself, right? It's not the slots themelves that are visible, if I switch to ape, my arms don't get harry and long and everyone can see I have increased STR. It's what slot is active that is visible. So I call on the Ape, a Spirit Ape Forms and fades into my body. Everyone that sees that Spirit Ape enter my body knows I have increaed STR.

Assuming you agree with that, let me explain why I think my version of Visible will limit my character:

I think having a bad guy know exactly what power set I'm using, gives them a definate tactical advantage, and should be worth some points. If you don't agree, well I can live with that :)

At first thought I agreed with you but reading Fed's post made me rethink my opinion. He is so right on the Pool only limitation

There are a few limitations that would be appropriate for Multipower pools. Extra Time, for example, would impose a very real restriction that you wouldn't also want on the powers themselves.

~Gabriel

Realizing that a multiple personality character (thanks btw ;)) might be a shot in the dark at this point, here are Johnny 6's alters. Now their Disads are the same as Johnny's with minor tweak here or there. Only johnny is nearsighted for example, so I didn't bother listing them.

beware with the five of them it is a long post.

Aquagirl -Joanna

Player:

Val Char Cost

35 STR 25

21 DEX 33

23 CON 26

14 BODY 8

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

18 COM 4

17/22 PD 10

13/18 ED 8

5 SPD 19

12 REC 0

46 END 0

44 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

22" SWIM 0

7" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 143

Cost Power

85 Duplication Points: Custom Power (85 Active Points)

Aquatic-Airbreather Hybrid

15 1) Active Sonar (Hearing Group)

5 2) Nightvision

8 3) Deep Sea Adapted: Life Support (Expanded Breathing; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold)

10 4) Rayfins: Flight 5"

15 Airbreather-Aquatic Hybrid: Elemental Control, 30-point powers

17 1) Predator [bite]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

15 2) Aquasupremacy: Swimming +20" (22" total) (x8 Noncombat) (30 Active Points)

10 3) Aquapowered: +30 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Water (-1 1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

7 Scalemail Armor Tunic: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 187

Cost Skill

3 Stealth 13-

3 Persuasion 12-

2 Navigation (Marine) 12-

3 Acting 12-

4 Animal Handler (Aquatic Animals) 13-

2 +1 with any single attack [Punch]

Skills Cost: 17

Cost Talent

3 Environmental Movement (no penalties Underwater)

Talents Cost: 3

Experience Required: 150

J%nn1

Player:

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

18 DEX 24

20 CON 20

10 BODY 0

28 INT 18

23 EGO 26

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

8/18 PD 6

8/18 ED 4

4 SPD 12

6 REC 0

40 END 0

25 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 115

Cost Power

45 Advanced Alien Brain: Multipower, 68-point reserve, (68 Active Points); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

4u 1) Psychic Attack: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

4u 2) Coercion: Mind Control 12d6 (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

4u 3) Psychokinesis: Telekinesis (35 STR), Fine Manipulation (63 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

4u 4) Ubersone: Telepathy 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

2u 5) Farsense: Mind Scan 6d6 (30 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

44 Psychocreativity Sheilding: (Total: 44 Active Cost, 44 Real Cost) Force Field (10 PD/10 ED/15 Mental Defense), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (44 Active Points) (Real Cost: 44)

Powers Cost: 192

Cost Skill

3 Criminology 15-

3 Deduction 15-

3 Electronics 15-

3 Inventor 15-

7 Power 16-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Electrical Engineering 15- (3 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Materials Engineering 15- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Physics 15- (3 Active Points)

Skills Cost: 28

Cost Talent

3 Absolute Time Sense

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

4 Speed Reading (x10)

Talents Cost: 15

Janni Heatblast

Player:

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

14/24 DEX 12

20 CON 20

10 BODY 0

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

18 PRE 8

16 COM 3

10/20 PD 8

15/30 ED 11

4/6 SPD 16

6/16 REC 0

40/90 END 0

25 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 83

Cost Power

19 Superheated Core: Elemental Control, 38-point powers

27 1) Fiery Bolts: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 2) Thermoventing: Flight 17", x4 Noncombat (39 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

19 3) Energy Sheath: Force Field (10 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (31 Active Points)

Hero Mode - OHID Defined as with Force Field Active, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

15 1) Superhot: Energy Blast 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4) (27 Active Points); Linked (Energy Sheath; -1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3 2) Burning Up for you baby: Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 3) +10 DEX (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 4) +1 SPD (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 5) +10 REC (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

20 6) +50 END (25 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 252

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 12- (14-)

3 Breakfall 12- (14-)

3 Conversation 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Seduction 13-

Skills Cost: 15

Iron John

Player:

Val Char Cost

45/55 STR 35

21 DEX 33

28 CON 36

18 BODY 16

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

10 COM 0

15/27 PD 6

15/27 ED 9

4 SPD 9

15 REC 0

56 END 0

59 STUN 4

7" RUN 2

2" SWIM 0

14"/16" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 165

Cost Power

85 Duplication: Custom Power (85 Active Points)

The Prometheum Man

5 1) Mighty Sinews: Leaping +5" (14"/16" forward, 7"/8" upward)

12 2) Altered Metabolism: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)

15 Man of Metal: Elemental Control, 30-point powers

15 1) Hard: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points)

15 2) Made of Metal: Density Increase (400 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -2" KB), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (22 Active Points)

17 3) Internal Dynamo: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 164

Cost Skill

5 +1 with HTH Combat

3 TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Helicopters

5 Systems Operation (Environmental Systems, Radar, Sensor Jamming Equipment) 12-

2 PS: Pilot 11-

3 Combat Piloting 13-

3 Parachuting 13-

Skills Cost: 21

________________________________________________________________________________

JB19 "Johnny Bravo One Niner"

Player:

Val Char Cost

18 STR 8

18 DEX 24

18 CON 16

14 BODY 8

13 INT 3

18 EGO 16

18 PRE 8

12 COM 1

8/18 PD 4

8/18 ED 4

2 SPD 0

8 REC 0

36 END 0

32 STUN 0

9" RUN 6

2" SWIM 0

3 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 98

Cost Power

40 Kraus-Montague ZLR-i phase rifle: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 1) Flasher Crasher Pulse : Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 11d6 (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 2) Setting 1: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 3) Setting 2: Energy Blast 8d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 4) Setting 3: Energy Blast 8d6, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 5) Setting 4: Energy Blast 8d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

4u 6) Setting 5: Energy Blast 8d6, Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (rifle) (-1/2)

Armor systems, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 1) Nightvision (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 2) SCBD- cuirass: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

10 3) High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2 4) +1 PER with all Sense Groups (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 189

Cost Skill

5 Rapid Autofire

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

8 +1 with All Combat

3 Demolitions 12-

3 Mechanics 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Tracking 12-

1 TF: Tracked Military Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles

6 WF: Beam Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms

3 Weaponsmith 12-

Skills Cost: 47

Cost Talent

8 Lightning Reflexes: +5 DEX to act first with All Actions

3 Lightsleep

5 Rapid Healing

Talents Cost: 16

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Disadvantage Points: 20

Experience Required: 130

I'll look at the build later tonight. However, I can say right now that the Turtle slot will need to be changed. 38/38 PD/ED, even when your damage drops to 8d6, is too much.

Darn it, that was a mistake. I was playing with the defenses, and forgot to change this when I was done. I'll drop it down.

As far as the Visible, like I said, latest build has it gone, I disagree that it doesn't limit, but it's not important enough to the character to argue about. Limitation is gone :D

Okay here is the updated sheet. I've dropped Turtle Armor lower. I had 7 points left over before, so I upped my EGO again (14) and made Survival a 3pt skill.

Animax

Player: Checkmate

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

26 DEX 48

23 CON 26

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

12 COM 1

18 PD 6

18 ED 5

5 SPD 14

10 REC 2

46 END 0

40 STUN 6

7" RUN 2

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 145

Cost Power

Animal Senses

2 6) Parabolic Hearing: +4 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing

60 Animal Shift: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Animal Mastery: Mind Control 8d6 (Animal class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Non-Aquatic (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

4u 3) Cheetah's Speed: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 44 Real Cost) +6 DEX (18 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Running 16" (Real Cost: 32)

1u 4) Condor's Flight: Gliding 20" (20 Active Points); Lockout (-1/2)

2u 5) Python's Grip: +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only for Grabs and Sqeeze (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

1u 6) Lion's Courage: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Lockout (-1/2)

5u 7) Crocodile's Body: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 55 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points) (Real Cost: 45) plus Swimming 10" (Real Cost: 10)

2u 8) Lizard's Healing: (Total: 44 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2) (Real Cost: 11) plus +7 REC (Real Cost: 14)

4u 9) Tiger's Limbs: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 45 Real Cost) +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) (Real Cost: 22) plus Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Leaping 5" (Real Cost: 5)

3u 10) Rhino's Charge: (Total: 56 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Force Field (13 PD) (13 Active Points); Only vs Move-Through/by Damage (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus Running 3" (Real Cost: 6) plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Only for Move-By/Through Damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15)

2u 11) Turttle's Shell: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Reduces DEX by 5; -1/2)

Powers Cost: 135

5 1) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 Strike

4 2) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike

4 3) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 4) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 5) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

3 6) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 24

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Concealment 13-

2 KS: Enviornmentalist Movement 11-

2 Navigation (Land) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Survival 13-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Scientist

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Conversation 8-

0 5) Deduction 8-

0 7) Persuasion 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

Skills Cost: 46

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Sight and Sound Flash (Common)

Realizing that a multiple personality character (thanks btw ;)) might be a shot in the dark at this point, here are Johnny 6's alters. Now their Disads are the same as Johnny's with minor tweak here or there. Only johnny is nearsighted for example, so I didn't bother listing them.

Ok... you have multiple forms and some of them have foci'? So, they come into being equiped with all manner of tech?! How is the armored suit a dis advantage? Will the duplicate EVER have to worry about the suit being disabled? Now if you had a transforming suit that enabled the duplicates, that I could see (lose the suit, loose the powers). As it stands now if a form somehow lost the suit, you would just switch forms.

The recurring problem with duplicates (no pun intended) is players try to make a character that can cover every base and not have any weaknesses. Everyone has weaknesses? Most heroes are defined by how they operate in the presence of thier weaknesses (and their major enemies).

The other issue is that IF this is some sort of dis-associated Multiple personality issue, do all the forms want to play along? If you turn into the alien brain form, does he want to resumbit to the will of another? He is the smartest after all, the rest are just apes (see where I am going with this)? Also, the easist disad to exploit as a GM, is to make ANOTHER form you are unaware of (could be Capt Fantastic or Major Destruction), or more than one form. I could form a whole adventure with the players chasing your tail, only to find at the end it was you all along.

Multiple forms are a mine field of possibilities and promblems. You best tread lightly.

Zac