Funny thought: Plot seed

Alibear

Anywhore - while playing with my kids, aged 3 and 10 months, today I had a funny idea for a scenario.

The 3 year old has a lego train set and it's set up and going swimmingly. He's happy.

Baby comes along and starts grabbing track and cars and wee lego men and generally being a menace to lego life.

My idea was if that baby was gigantic. but still a baby, terrorising a campaign city how would heroes react? Would they unload as if it was a normal giant monster or would it stop them in their tracks and try and come up with some other way of saving the city?

If the baby was 100 feet high and could toss cars around and demolish houses how do you stop it without hurting the 'little fella'?

Next part of the scenario is how did it get so big and how do you get it back to normal?

Where do you get nappies that size?

Re: Funny thought: Plot seed

That's... positively diabolical. Mad scientist kidnaps baby and waits for the press to get a running start about the kidnapping. Then he 'inflates' the kid and sets him loose. The mystery of the missing kid is solved, sure...

But how do the supers keep him from destroying the city without hurting him - or even looking like they're hurting him?:D

You could have a super inventor create giant sized milk duds that're laced with a permanent shrinking serum. Then just place the milk duds where you think the kid'll never get 'em & turn your collective backs & voila! He'll eat 'em before you know it & deny it to his little sand box!

I recall there being an anthology of SF short stories many years ago, named for the lead story - "Attack Of The Giant Baby". Normal kid accidentally ingests a formula just created by his scientist father, something like that.

You can really scare the PCs with this one. Just hit them with the idea that, if they don't resolve things satisfactorily (and QUICKLY), other giant kiddies may follow. What if, next time, the perpetrator enlarges an entire crecheload of youngsters? Think one super-sized toddler was bad, just wait for the army of them.

.... When one of them climbs an especially tall building, and begins swatting at aeroplanes - then you KNOW you have a problem.

Let's see....

0 dex anyway. The big guy needs to make a dex roll to do anything.

Psych lim: Easily distracted: Must make an Int roll to continue doing the same thing if something else comes into field of vision.

Psych lim: Must try to eat everything it comes into contact with - especially anything dangerous.

I would give him an AoE for those pudgy little hands.

Physical Limitation: Unsteady on feet - Can only walk along walls and other upright objects.