The Mentalist Wrestler

Oggoruk

I hope this is the right Place to ask for Character creation Help. I'm about to start Playing this game for the first time and need held with a Build for a Mentalist who's powers are limited to touch, lucky for him he used to be a wrestler. what I'm asking for is Interesting Powers that might work well teamed with Grab.and if you're kind enough, the points it would cost. right now we are doing a low powered game so just 250 points are allowed, 100 in disadvantages. Thanks for what ever help you can give.

Re: The Mentalist Wrestler

Well, the obvious one would be Clairsentience with retrocognition with limitations of only while in contact with person or object? Another limitation of only vision or sound?

Maybe tie in find weakness? tie it to a subtle mind scan that could "find" obvious, to the targets mind, weaknesses.

You could also utilize Images or Mental Illusions. Projecting into targets mind nightmares/ Fantasies?

Well, he doesn't want people to know that he's a mentalist, since tactics against him would change. By keeping his true powers a secret, he can take advantage of the element of surprise.

Besides, actually puching someone with his limited knowledge of martial arts, and then hitting them with a mental illusion that he just hit them and it hurt a lot, is just loads of fun, and also pretty effective.

Here are Chi-Force's relevant abilities.

47 Chi-Force: Multipower, 70-point Reserve; Eye Contact Required (-½)

3u 1) Chi-Strike: HA +4d6; BOECV (versus Mental Defense, +1), Does BODY (+1), Reduced Endurance (½ END, +¼), Variable Special Effects (Various Martial Arts Attacks, +¼); Eye Contact Required (-½), Hand Attack (-½) 3

4u 2) Chi-Psyche: Mental Illusions 10d6 + 3½d6 (Set Effect on 3½d6 = 10); Must Use +10 Modifier that Target Remembers Illusion as “Real” (-¼), Eye Contact Required (-½) 7

Here are Chi-Force's relevant abilities.

47 Chi-Force: Multipower, 70-point Reserve; Eye Contact Required (-½)

3u 1) Chi-Strike: HA +4d6; BOECV (versus Mental Defense, +1), Does BODY (+1), Reduced Endurance (½ END, +¼), Variable Special Effects (Various Martial Arts Attacks, +¼); Eye Contact Required (-½), Hand Attack (-½) 3

4u 2) Chi-Psyche: Mental Illusions 10d6 + 3½d6 (Set Effect on 3½d6 = 10); Must Use +10 Modifier that Target Remembers Illusion as “Real” (-¼), Eye Contact Required (-½) 7

Thanks,Awesome Ideas Everyone. And thanks for the point leyout Thats The kind of stuff i realy need Help with.

Exactly' date=' you can use a whole Multi-power of Lucha mentalism..."The hostages are in the old mine!" "How do you know?" "I had him in [b']the armlock of truth[/b]!"

Priceless.

This character is an awesome idea and would be great in a LLH game.

For one thing, it's an entirely new spin on the traditional brick/martial artist wrestling hero.

this guy could work in a LUCHE LIBRE HERO campaign the ARE wrestlers after all

Lol you guessed it I am Playing a lucha libre, Im still working on the Name and Look of Him. Totally stealing that Move, Armlock of truth HAH. We start Playing Next Week and im going to use alot of this stuff, Thanks again guys for all the Great Input

Lol you guessed it I am Playing a lucha libre' date=' Im still working on the Name and Look of Him. Totally stealing that Move, Armlock of truth HAH. We start Playing Next Week and im going to use alot of this stuff, Thanks again guys for all the Great Input[/quote']

Let us know how it goes!

I'm playing a luchador myself, just a standard low-level brick / martial artist (wrestling), but I'm thinking of giving him some minor mystical abilities which he uses to battle supernatural evil.

I always liked high level Telekinesis, with a range of touch. It works like superstrength, so people can assume you're just a very strong wrestler, but, when you need to, you can do some funky stuff with it, like wall-crawling or even leviation as long as some part of your costume touches the floor. It explains why your brick PC can pick up a car/truck/train without bending it or ripping off a small part of it instead, because you use TK to hold every bit of it at once. The touch is just to make contact.

Lol you guessed it I am Playing a lucha libre' date=' Im still working on the Name and Look of Him. Totally stealing that Move, Armlock of truth HAH. We start Playing Next Week and im going to use alot of this stuff, Thanks again guys for all the Great Input[/quote']

I have posted some stuff on an old thread...(lucha libre hero?) and a Lucha robot, I'm sure other stuff is in here somewhere....

If you want the effect of a wrestler without giving away your true nature just but telekenisis with a restriction on wrestling manuevers. You could have a limited from of telekenisis that covers your body like a thin invisible suit that boosts any normal physical action you do. Mind over matter with a super-twist.