Sneak Peek: Gambler template from Sharp's Worlds

Eodin

Here's a snippet from my work-in-progress for ComStar, called Sharp's Worlds. It's a firefly-inspired space cowboy setting book, part of the "universe project".

Gambler

Gamblers make their money by more or less honest games of chance – gambling. Most are found in saloons, since that’s where people with money to spend go, often looking for a friendly game.

Gamblers may be men or women, dressed in high fashion duds or dressed like common townsfolk. Some are squeakingly honest, and therefore very good at spotting cheats. Others are not very good, relying on sleight of hand and other cheating skills to win.

Cost Abilities

4 Gambling (Card Games) 12-

2 KS: Card Games 11-

2 PS: Gambler 11-

3 Sleight Of Hand 11-

1 Streetwise 8-

9 Choose 9 points in appropriate skills from the following list: Acting, Analyze: Poker Tells, Combat Skill Levels, Concealment, Conversation, Deduction, +1 with PER, Disguise, Fast Draw, High Society, Riding, Stealth, Weapon Familiarities, Transport Familiarities, any Background Skill

Total Cost of Abilities: 21

Value Disadvantages

0 None

Total Value of Disadvantages: 0

Options

+0 Craps Gambler: Change Gambling (Card Games) to Gambling (Dice Games) and KS: Card Games to KS: Craps and Dice Games

+8 Card Counter: Add Eidetic Memory and Lightning Calculator

-10 Shady Rep: Hunted: Local Authorities 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Watching)

-15 Drunkard: Psychological Limitation: Drunkard: Drinks Liquor When Feeling Stress (Common, Strong)

Typical Goals and Motivations: TBD.

Typical Abilities: TBD

Suggested Disdavantages: TBD

Progression: TBD

Equipment: TBD

Re: Sneak Peek: Gambler template from Sharp's Worlds

I like. Where can I find out more about this "universe project"?

Also, may I suggest that:

+8 Card Counter: Add Eidetic Memory and Lightning Calculator

Might be done up with the limitation (only with card games) or maybe as a super talent that gives the user bonuses to gambling rolls? As it sits right now having these talents still do not give any actual bonuses to gambling rolls (unless there is a rule that I am not familiar with off the top of my head). Or as skill levels in gambling with the special effect of card counting.