I've been toying around with the idea of a monster hunters game (think Supernatural with more katana). I was wondering if someone here as done such a game. If that's the case, I'd like you to share characters, monsters and general game guideline you used in those games. I'm thinking 100+100 character, with very limited power possible but not the norm. Give me your idea, 'cause I'm Mentok, the Mindtaker.

General Markov

Re: Monster Hunting

Our board colleague Michael "Susano" Surbrook has run similar campaigns' date=' and has web sourcebooks for them on his marvelous website, "Surbrook's Stuff," on his Worldbooks page. Check the links for "The Phenomena Department," "Shadows Angelus," and "Silent Mobius Zeta."

I didn't run Shadows Angelus I or II, I only played in it.

In addition, those world books are more for anime-styled play, and might not be the right power level... although Shadows Angelus did start at 100+100 (with free gear and some skills).

I've tought about it and I take I'll finally choose 75+75 characters. It gives more room for improvement without making the characters uber hunters who speak ancient greek, are master swordsman and sharpshooter. I also feel it forces the player to come up with specialized character: one scholar, one mystic, one fighter (almost sound like a AD&D party, now that I think of it).

For Susano, in the Phenomena Department you make mention of Nightwalkers. I don't know if you have a writeup of these creatures, but I didn't find any on your site. If you do, would you mind posting it here? Thanks in advance.

Generalissimo Marco

I am in the very preliminary planning stages of putting together an Urban Fantasy game. Most likely it will be Monster Hunters. I am thinking something along the line of the Bureau 13 idea that was floated on these forums a while ago. I haven't really progressed beyond the thinking about it stage yet.

• 1 month later...