Kung Fu Panda

Killer Shrike

Re: Kung Fu Panda

Hopefully not Green Dragon. That guy's a moron. Or a lessoff' date=' take your pick.[/quote']

TAI LUNG: "I maybe trapped in a world of furless apes, but I am still the greatest warrior of all! Who dares challenge me?"

GREEN DRAGON: "I will not allow the sacred arts of Kung Fu to be mocked by some clown in a fursuit! Prepare to be destroyed, fool!"

Five seconds later...

TAI LUNG: "Okay, is there anyone I can take seriously who dares to challenge me?" *said while licking GD's blood off of his fists*

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yow!

He'd be a tough threat even in a Supers game. Tai Lung versus Green Dragon, who wins? ;)

Hmm, we never did see Tai Lung's body at the end of KFP... maybe that special move Po used doesn't kill you, it just sends you to an alternate universe?

Absolutely. Im designing them on a supers scale.

Also, with a picture and name change, these write-ups are usable as villains / whatever in a supers game.

The next step is to go back over Po and Tai Lung and "tune" them sufficiently so that Tai Lung is still overpowering vs conventional opponents, but Po can still triumph against him. I built into this on the original passes (building Po w/ Damage Shields and to target specific weaknesses and then designing Tai Lung appropriately), but the CV's are a little out of line and I need to peer into the specifics more closely.

Ill probably design Tigress first, since she was the closest of the Furious Five to give Tai Lung some challenge, and then triangulate off of the three builds to lock down Po & Tai Lung. Once I've got Tai Lung and Po locked down, the rest of the Five should be easy, and once the Five are done Sifu will be easy, and once Sifu is done Oogway will be easy.

That's the plan of attack at any rate.

At this point I'm thinking Ill do the Furious Five in the 375 to 500 point range. I'm targetting 750 for Sifu, but I'm not set in stone (Ill see where the build goes), and Oogway Im thinking at least 1000 points.

When its all said and done, Ill set up a subsite on killershrike.com to host all the sheets, and I'm going to use it as an example for the "Super Fantasy" paradigm.

A rough version of Tigress.

The characters that got less screen time are harder to do since the movie gives us less to go on, but I think this is a good basic model for her. She's aggressive enough and has good enough CV to give Tai Lung a challenge in a toe to toe fight, but ultimately his much more comprehensive mastery and esoteric abilities is too much for her to contend with for long.

The characters that got less screen time are harder to do since the movie gives us less to go on, but I think this is a good basic model for her. She's aggressive enough and has good enough CV to give Tai Lung a challenge in a toe to toe fight, but ultimately his much more comprehensive mastery and esoteric abilities is too much for her to contend with for long.

i think tigress's origin was discussed in the direct to dvd walmart exclusive sequel secrets of the furious five wher po as master panda relates the fives origins of the furious five

Crane is really the tough one. I don't think he does anything offensive in either the movie or the short feature. Sparing against Po he uses Po's lack of balance against him. Against Tai Lung he rescues Tigress. In the short feature he uses a series of blocks and dodges to get through the obstical course.

I like the way you wrote her up, but two things:

1) Shouldn't her 'Humorless and Driven' be more of a Psych Lim than a Social one?

2) Resistance to Seduction? So she can withstand the blandishments of furry fanboys then? :rofl:

3) Just what does that 'Chi Control: LoW' stand for? That abbreviation is new to me.

Really, great work. :thumbup:

I like the way you wrote her up, but two things:

1) Shouldn't her 'Humorless and Driven' be more of a Psych Lim than a Social one?

2) Resistance to Seduction? So she can withstand the blandishments of furry fanboys then? :rofl:

3) Just what does that 'Chi Control: LoW' stand for? That abbreviation is new to me.

Really, great work. :thumbup:

Seduction is a misnamed skill; it is used to make friends. As far as PsyLim vs Social, it could go either way. I've gotten to the point where I define vague / overarching antisocial personality quirks as a Social lim vs a PsyLim. YMMV.

Crane is really the tough one. I don't think he does anything offensive in either the movie or the short feature. Sparing against Po he uses Po's lack of balance against him. Against Tai Lung he rescues Tigress. In the short feature he uses a series of blocks and dodges to get through the obstical course.

Not entirely; he does wrap Tai Lung up in the bridge rope. He also serves as a spring board for his teammates. He's also the only one of the five that was able to break out of Tai Lung's nerve touch on his own (presumably).

Crane style traditionally focuses on evasion, but its not toothless; when the crane practitioner finally does strike it should be significant, perhaps even a one-shot.

I actually consider Mantis the hardest to model because he is so small, but pulls off stunts like holding up the bridge by himself and tossing Po around like a leaf that necessitate great strength or really lenient interpretation of Martial Throw and Martial Grab (or equivalents). From the Secrets of the Furious Five and the directors commentator, it also seems like he's the fastest of the five; so quick that he's difficult to even see. Also, in SotFF, he's an experienced established hero prior to becoming a member of the Furious Five. However, Tigress is explicitly stated as being the most powerful of the Five, so Ill have to find some middle ground between making Mantis really butch, but throttled back on raw damage. I'll probably do him after Viper, Monkey, and Crane so I can have a fully informed position to work from.

As I got it' date=' Crane was never stunned by the nerver touch -- Sifu says the Furious Five were allowed to escape to bring news of their defeat to the Jade Palace.[/quote']

Actually, Sifu says they werent _killed_, etc. What we do know, is that Crane looked really beat up when he arrived back at the Jade Palace. It's not stated either way if Crane wasn't nerve struck or was nerve struck but extricated himself. I'm opting to assume that he was struck and managed to free himself, largely because its one of the few hooks available to build Crane around.