Kung Fu Panda

Killer Shrike

Re: Kung Fu Panda

Actually, Buddha's Palm seems to be a 'real' maneuver in a lot of wuxia cinema and fiction. Also known as a "Palm Blast" it shows up in the Korean film Arahan and in the fantastic "Kung Fu Hustle." In the former it's simply an invisible energy blast, in the latter it's an invisible energy blast with an large AOE in the shape of the user's palm. It also is capable of blasting through an apartment building.

Uhm.. which really has nothing to do with KFP... so... carry on!

Except that I started calling that maneuver Buddha's Palm after seeing Kung Fu Hustle.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw a connection between the techniques myself.

Both involved gaining altitude, then falling on your opponent like a metorite, and did some colateral damage at point of impact.

But I don't insist on the term, what would you call Tai Lung's maneuver?

Both involved gaining altitude, then falling on your opponent like a metorite, and did some colateral damage at point of impact.

But I don't insist on the term, what would you call Tai Lung's maneuver?

Except the second time it was used in KFH, Stephen Chow just pointed his arm and blasted the building apart. As for a name... I got nothing right now.

As used by TL in the movie' date=' I consider it to just be a move thru (or other FMove maneuver).[/quote']

Mechanically, definitely a Move Through using falling momentum as velocity, but still deserves a cool name.

The Meteoric Plummeting Descent of the Celestial Sun and Moon Swooping Leopard Falling Body Strike of Furious Fury and Heavenly Hubris, invented by Old Dirty Master Mak-Xian in the third Dynasty of the Ming under the rule of Emperor Su Xi Hao the Elder (may he rest in Eternal splendor and shine his wisdom upon his descendants forever).

Of course, Move Thru takes up less space on the sheet. ;)