Captain America and Cast

Split Decision

Re: Captain America and Cast

All of Teleios' Characteristics peg at "CU Human Maximum" which is 30 for everything' date=' except INT which is 50. 15 PD and ED. 7 SPD.[/quote']

Quibble: Unless it's been errata'd, EGO and PRE can go to 50 as well, but Teleios' EGO and PRE are 30 each. And 15 PD and ED and 7 SPD are the "CU Human Maximum" values as well.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that just about does it for Cap himself. Thank you again for your interest and input. But I'm still open to suggestions if I missed something or recorded something in a suboptimal way. Coming up in the next few days, I will post:

Bucky (as a sidekick in WWII), Both Baron Zemos, Baron von Strucker, the Falcon.

I have a good grasp on what to write but I still have to write them up for your consumption.

I have a list of about thirty people in his extended cast that I want to write. If you have a favorite Cap cast member that deserves writing up, get me a message about it and I will put it on the list.

Yes, Vann, the other thread's Diamondback is the Cap-trained version.

I'm not familiar with Winter Soldier/New Cap from primary sources, so I'm not sure whether I will post him or not. Although I don't mind putting up a controversial or unpopular build, I do want to be able to defend my choices, which may be impossible in his case.

But please, if someone likes Winter Soldier/New Cap and would like to post him, you certainly have my permission to put him in this thread (as if you needed it :D).

Oh and you forgot his chainmail armor

Cap wears a chainmail bikini!?

Okay, well, this is America and what someone chooses to do in the privacy of their own home is largely their business....

Seriously though, this is a really ambitious project. Can't wait to see more.

Obviously I don't know what campaign guidelines you have laid out' date=' but the potential 27 OCV with the shield is a bit perplexing...[/quote']

Thank you for bringing that up. There are a couple things that led me to such an outrageous number.

One: OCV 27 makes truly impossible feats routine, such as using a single throw to disarm a roomful of thugs with hostages while riding a motorcycle through a pane-glass window over a police car in New York City traffic at midnight. (And yes, you could certainly do that in a different way.)

Two: with 18 CSLs with the shield, you can safely fit any other weapons master of any competence under him without cramping anyone's style.

Three (sorta): Not a justification of the high number of skill levels, but please feel free to trim him down as your needs and tastes dictate. As I have said, I have made this version of Cap the fattest I could while still keeping him Cap, and it's reasonable to make a Cap on 350 pts that's just as valid.

Up next: Crossbones and Golden Age Bucky

Bucky (Golden Age)

James Buchanan Barnes (formerly deceased)

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

18 DEX 24

15 CON 10

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

1 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

6 PD 3

6 ED 3

4 SPD 12

6 REC 0

40 END 5

33 STUN 2

9" RUN 6

4" SWIM 2

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 92

Cost Power END

60 Military Ordinance VPP Bucky was skilled at using most standard Army weapons, such as the M-1 Rifle, bazookas and hand grenades.

15 Control Cost: Only Changes at Base (-1/2), Must be OIF or OAF (-1/2).

---

10 Lucky Bucky: 2d6 Luck

Powers Cost: 85

Cost Perk

9 Contact: Unnamed US Army General 11-

12 Contact: Captain America 14-

12 Contact: Kid Commandos or Liberty League (depending upon year) 14-

Perks Cost: 33

Cost Talent

24 Lucky Bucky: 12PD 12ED Combat Luck

Talents Cost: 24

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

---

3 Demolitions 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Tactics 12-

---

2 PS: Army Mascot 11-

2 KS: Industrial cooking 11-

---

7 Marksman training: +2 CSLs w/Ranged Combat, OCV Only (-1/2)

---

Commando Training

4 Martial Disarm: -1 +1, Disarm, STR 35

4 Flying Dodge: - +4, Full Move, Abort

3 Martial Grab: -1 -1, Grab Two Limbs, 35 STR for holding on

4 Martial Strike: +0 +2, 7d6 Strike

8 +2 Damage Classes (figured in)

15 +3 CSLs with Hand-to-Hand Combat

Skills Cost: 76

Total Character Cost: 310 = 92 + 85 + 33 + 24 + 76

Val Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Social Limitation: Sectret Identity

10 Social Limitation: Age (approx. 15 or 16)

10 Social Limitation: Subject to the orders of the US Army

15 Social Limitation: Famous symbol of America

15 Social Limitation: Dark Secret. Actually a US Army operative tasked with spying on Captain America

25 Hunted: Enemies of Captain America 14-

Disadvantage Points: 110

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Wikipedia Page

Pictures here

Real Name

James Buchanan Barnes

Aliases

None

Identity

Known to authorities

Occupation

Sidekick to Captain America

Citizenship

USA

Place of Birth

Shelbyville, Indiana

Known Relatives

George and Winnifred Barnes (parents, deceased), Ida (aunt, presumed deceased), Rebecca P. Barnes Proctor (sister), Proctor (first name unrevealed, brother-in-law), unidentified niece and nephew, Scott Proctor (grandnephew), Kimberly Proctor (grandniece)

Group Affiliation

Formerly Kid Commandos, Liberty Legion, Invaders (wartime), Young Allies; former partner of Captain America

Education

High school dropout

Height

5'9"

Weight

160 lbs.

Eyes

Brown

Hair

Brown

Powers

None.

Abilities

skilled hand-to-hand combatant, extremely accurate marksman

Weapons

Various firearms

First Appearance

(as Bucky) Captain America Comics #1

Origin

Captain America #11

Significant Issues

Avengers #4 - Bucky's supposed "death"

Falcon

Sam Wilson

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

23 DEX 39

20 CON 20

18 BODY 16

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

20 PRE 10

18 COM 8

8 PD 4

8 ED 4

5 SPD 17

8 REC 0

40 END 0

38 STUN 0

8" RUN 4

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 144

Cost Power END

60 Hard-Light Wings Projector Backpack: 15" Flight, x16 NCV, 0 END (+1/2), Inaudible (+1/4), No Turn Mode (+1/4), OIF (-1/2). 420 MPH NCV

Note: Even though Falcon has wings, these are energy-based and not "restrainable" in a normal sense. Additionally, although the wings are usually shown spanning from his torso to his arms, he has not been limited by the "gestures" limitation in his comic book appearances.

---

18 Wrist-Mounted Talons Multipower, 45-point reserve, OIF (-1/2, 2 Recoverable Charges (-1). A grabber-claw on the end of a projecting cable.

1u Grabber: 8" Stretching, No NCM (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Limited Manipulation (-1/4), Cannot do Damage (-1/4), Lockout (on MP until recovered, -1/2), Hands Only (-1/4), OIF (-1/2), 2 Recoverable Charges (-1)

1u Wrap-Up: 3 BODY 3 DEF Entangle (standard effect), Transparent to Attacks (+1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OIF (-1/2) Vulnerable to Contortionist (-1/4), Vulnerable to cutting and slashing attacks (-1/4), Lockout (on MP until recovered, -1/2)

---

26 Bird and Raptor Empathy Multipower, 40-point reserve, Birds and Raptors Only (-1/2)

2u Eagle Eyes: Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Group), Only through the eyes of Birds and Raptors (-1). END: 4

1u Talking to Birds: 5d6 Telepathy (Animal Class of Minds), No Range (-1/2), Communication Only (-1/4), Incantations throughout (-1/2), Visible (-1/4), Birds and Raptors Only (-1/2) END: 2

2u Birdbrain Override: Mind Control 6d6 (Animal Class of Minds), Limited class of minds: Birds and Raptors (-1/2). END: 3

---

4 Eagle Eyes: +2 w/Sight PER roll (15-)

Powers Cost: 115

Cost Perk

40 Follower: Redwing, his red hawk

6 Contact: New York State Department of Social Services 11-

6 Contact: New York City Planning Commission 11-

4 Contact: Captain America 8-

3 Contact: Henry Gyrich 8-

Perks Cost: 59

Cost Talent

24 Combat Luck: 12PD 12ED Combat Luck

Talents Cost: 24

Cost Skill

10 Agile: +3 DCV, only while airborne (-1/2)

10 Aerial Warrior: +5 w/Move-By, Move-Thru and Grab-By, only while Airborne (-1/2)

10 +1 Overall Skill Level (not figured in)

---

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

---

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Navigation 13-

---

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

8 Animal Handler (Birds and Raptors) 15-

---

2 PS: City Planner 11-

2 PS: Social Worker 11-

2 PS: Common Criminal 11-

---

Skills Cost: 71

Total Character Cost: 413 = 144 + 115 + 59 + 24 + 71

Val Disadvantages

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity

10 Social Limitation: Former common street criminal with a felony record

20 DNPC: His sister Sarah 11-

20 DNPC: His nephew Jody 11-

15 Hunted: Enemies of Captain America 8-

20 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing

20 Psychological Limitation: Feels like he represents urban poor everywhere, and acts accordingly

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant Hero. Feels like he can do more good as a neighborhood leader than as a superhero, but keeps getting pulled into the superhero business

Disadvantage Points: 120

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 93

Total Experience Available: 150

Experience Unspent: 57

Wikipedia Page

Real Name

Samuel Thomas "Sam" Wilson

Aliases

Blackbird, Brother Falcon, Brother Super-Hero, Captain America, "Snap" Wilson

Identity

Publicly known

Occupation

Adventurer, city planner, social worker; (Formerly) criminal

Citizenship

United States of America

Place of Birth

New York City, New York

Known Relatives

Paul Wilson (father, deceased), Darlene Wilson (mother, deceased), Sarah Wilson Casper (sister), Jody Casper (nephew), Jim Wilson (nephew, deceased)

Group Affiliation

None; formerly Avengers, Night People, Queen's Vengeance and was a "Defender for a Day"

Education

High school dropout, later extensively self-educated

Height

6'2"

Weight

240 lbs.

Eyes

Brown

Hair

Black

Powers

Originally possessed the ability to telepathically communicate with his pet falcon Redwing, but that ability has grown into the ability to telepathically communicate with any birds within an unknown radius. Through this telepathic link he is also able to receive mental images of what the birds see.

Abilities

Excellent trainer of birds, and has been highly trained in gymnastics and hand-to-hand combat by Captain America

Weapons

Gloves contain grappling hooks.

Paraphernalia

The Falcon formerly wore a pair of jet powered glider wings that allowed him to fly at speeds up to 250 miles per hour. He now wears a pair of "hard light" wings that have increased his speed and maneuverability.

First Appearance

Captain America #117 (1969)

Origin

Captain America #117 (1969), Captain America #186 (1975)

These are awesome. But... 15 BODY for Bucky? The only characters in Champions Universe (not the Bible' date=' I know) I can find with a BODY of 15 or higher are Bricks or quasi-Bricks. Captain Patriot has a 15.[/quote']

Hm. I don't know what anyone's BODY is in the CU. If 15 is high, then most everyone I make has a high BODY. But since Normals can have a BODY of 20 without the cost doublings, I can't see that 15 is too high for a very healthy young man with a good lust for life.

Hm. I don't know what anyone's BODY is in the CU. If 15 is high' date=' then most everyone I make has a high BODY. But since Normals can have a BODY of 20 without the cost doublings, I can't see that 15 is too high for a very healthy young man with a good lust for life.[/quote']

It also stops him from dying. Very important for someone who isn't bulletproof.

Hm. I don't know what anyone's BODY is in the CU. If 15 is high' date=' then most everyone I make has a high BODY. But since Normals can have a BODY of 20 without the cost doublings, I can't see that 15 is too high for a very healthy young man with a good lust for life.[/quote']

Yeah and he's got a good resistant defense but he'd be in line of fire for some major KAs being a soldier.

Edit: I've always been of the opinion that some Champions characters are under cut on Body since its generally very unlikely to take Body in a typical Champions game (and admittedly it does keep certain exotic attacks very scary)

These are awesome. But... 15 BODY for Bucky? The only characters in Champions Universe (not the Bible' date=' I know) I can find with a BODY of 15 or higher are Bricks or quasi-Bricks. Captain Patriot has a 15.[/quote']

I bet Captain Patriot never rode bareback on a V-2 as it blew up. Then, after being blown sky-high, fell into the Arctic Sea. At least Captain America had the excuses of havin fallen off the rocket before it blew and the Super-Soldier Serum to only have him suffer cryogenic stasis instead of a terminal case of frostbite.

If anything, 15 BODY is too low!

Body is too low' date=' or Bucky suffers from an inordinate amount of Combat Luck?[/quote']

I don't think Combat Luck applies here. on pg. 62 of FREd, if says that Combat Luck '...depends on a characters ability to dodge, block, or otherwise avoid damage'. That's rather hard to do if you're trying to get the cover off a bomb that's already got smoke coming out of it.

Was he lucky to have survied that blast? Sure was.

But it wasn't Combat Luck

Maybe not the talent, but it could still be a power built in a similar way, such as

10 5/5* Armor, Non persistant (-1/4), character takes penetrating damage from attack (-1/4)

the second lim means that if the character will take some damage as if the attack was penetrating unless his other defences would stop it

ex Bucky has 5 PD, pluss this ability (total 10 PD, 5rPD) he takes a 6d6 club to the face, (17 stun, 6 body), total damage done to him is 7 stun and 1 body (his normal 5 PD stoped 5 points of the penetrating damage)

Later he gets shot (OH NO) he take 3+2=5 body. this ability kicks in again, but he only takes 2 body (for the penetrating aspect)

*Flavor to taste

Point is that he can still have the ability just defined slightly differently

I am surprised that the combat luck and BODY are the only things people are talking about re: Bucky. Kind of irrelevant since the Bucky presented was done in 1945, but... does anyone have a problem with his VPP?

I'm also surprised that nobody is talking about Falcon. I always thought that despite having essentially the same crappy powerset as Angel, he was way cooler.

Also: I remembered two impossible stunts Cap has recently pulled off with his shield:

In Cap vol 4 #2, he and one other person were launched out of a nuclear sub's torpedo tube at depth with nothing but the shield to protect them. His passenger was knocked cold, but he was fine.

In Cap vol 4 #27, he threw the shield into the tailpipe of an airborne ICBM- and brought it down.

So, I'm thinking 18 levels with the shield is about right.

Next up: Crossbones and Sin, and Nomad (Jack Monroe)

I am surprised that the combat luck and BODY are the only things people are talking about re: Bucky. Kind of irrelevant since the Bucky presented was done in 1945, but... does anyone have a problem with his VPP?

I'm also surprised that nobody is talking about Falcon. I always thought that despite having essentially the same crappy powerset as Angel, he was way cooler.

Also: I remembered two impossible stunts Cap has recently pulled off with his shield:

In Cap vol 4 #2, he and one other person were launched out of a nuclear sub's torpedo tube at depth with nothing but the shield to protect them. His passenger was knocked cold, but he was fine.

In Cap vol 4 #27, he threw the shield into the tailpipe of an airborne ICBM- and brought it down.

So, I'm thinking 18 levels with the shield is about right.

Next up: Crossbones and Sin, and Nomad (Jack Monroe)

Not a missile, but once upon a time in my life I worked on aircrafts, a bird can do serious damage to an engine, which is alot more squishy than his shield.

To be honest I have yet to fine tooth the write ups, hopefully I will get a chance to eventualy.