Dracula: Super-Pimp!

Kal'El Wayne

So I was watching 'Taste the blood of Dracula', which is one of the best horror movies ever, and happened to pause it at this point. [see Picture.] So I thought, doesn't it look like Dracula is some kind of awesome Pimp hero, like the Victorian vampire version of a Blaxploitation movie hero? So wouldn't it be awesome to make a guy who was like Dracula but a Pimp superhero?

So I thought that I'd ask you guys to help stat up a character for this background...

In the '70's a studio in America, noticing the popularity of the Hammer Horror films decides to make a rip-off series. Since Dracula is open licence and very popular, they hire an unemployed British drama student named Drake to come over to America and make movies about Dracula trying to seduce plump, buxom young women to be his sex/blood slaves at his castle, which he had shipped over to England, stone by stone. Unfortunately for the studio, the filming draws the ire of an ancient vampire sorceress who takes offence at their pretence of vampirism, and curses the cast to take on their roles for real.

So now Drake is an immortal with mind controlling powers, flight and superhuman strength who fears Daylight and Blessed Crucifixes and can only be killed, temporarily, by staking him through the heart. And his two vampirised costars are enslaved to his mind, with no desire stronger than the need to provide him with anything he craves...such as blood!

Now Drake and his loyal servants wander the night, helping the people of the night (Hookers mostly, it is an exploitation movie after all), unstoppable (except by staking them all through the heart), forever trying to make up for the crime of eternal life!

Re: Dracula: Super-Pimp!

Pimpula's gotta have a tricked out Coach-And-Four.

Christopher Lee is the only Dracula that's every scared me. Not because of the whole creature of the night thing, but because of one scene in Dracula, where one of his wives is trying to seduce Van Helsing (played by Peter Cushing) Dracula is not pleased by this and rushes over to stop it. And by "rushes" I mean "leaps", an by "over", I mean "over a huge dining room table, without the benifit of wire-fu effects".

My brain actually put the scene in slo-mo while I was watching Christopher Lee leap over a dining table, arms outstreched to the sides, cape billowing behind him, looking as angry as he can be.

Nearly wet myself at age 33.

Okay, so you've got your Standard Champions Vampier template, added acting skills, added a couple of Area Knowledgs pts for Horror movies and Victorias Secret catalog say. Now what do you do for a Renfrew? The guy who drives the pimped out horse and 4?

As for stating him up, just take the vampire template, add acting related skills, and presto!

Also, if you have access to 4th Edition Champions (the BBB) you could use Stalker's write-up (Campaign section, pg. 57) pretty much as is.

(Has anyone ported him over to FRED?)

Heh. Good actors don't need special effects!

Or dialogue. In Dracula, Prince Of Darkness Lee didn't speak a single word in the entire movie. Now I've heard that this was because he found his lines so atrocious that he refused to say them--but whatever the reason, he was still able to convey the power and the menace that we associate with Dracula.

The same can be said about Ray Park as Darth Maul. What could he say with dialogue that he didn't already say with his appearance, his demeanor, and his actions? Any lines he could have been given, no matter how clever or menacing, would have been superfluous.