Edsel

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Shadow Angelus

Thanks.

I'll add material as you send them to me.

I am about half way through the campaign recap of session 2 right now. I hope I can make the time to get it finished tomorrow. I also need to review the pictures that I have sent you to figure out which ones are OK for my players to see and which ones I want to keep secret for now.

I am about half way through the campaign recap of session 2 right now. I hope I can make the time to get it finished tomorrow. I also need to review the pictures that I have sent you to figure out which ones are OK for my players to see and which ones I want to keep secret for now.

Which is why I didn't post any.

BTW -- there might be an SA IV game. I am thinking of running something in between levels 10 and 11 of our D&D 4e game. A short (8-12 session) game titled Shadows Angelus IV: Training Day. It'll be set in the original SA continuity, in 2117.

Edsel and all players of SA 3:

Wow. I just read the two mission logs on Susano's webpage, and I am speechless with how amazing and awesome it is to see another group of players and their GM going through the adventure of the Animus Mortis. You guys are really doing some great stuff with my setting and I truly wish I could join you in your journeys. :)

Please post up more, as I am chomping at the bit to find out what happens next!

I am humbled and honored to see you guys enjoying Shadows Angelus as much as the first group did.

Our next gaming session is scheduled for June 13th. I will be writing another session recap (campaign log) entry after that. I imagine that Eosin will continue Mirko's journal and some of the other players keep threatening to try their hands at story writing. :)

Our next gaming session is scheduled for June 13th. I will be writing another session recap (campaign log) entry after that. I imagine that Eosin will continue Mirko's journal and some of the other players keep threatening to try their hands at story writing. :)

Don't scare 'em and tell them about SAI's 90+ stories, okay. :D

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything on the boards, so I'm sort of behind

on questions that I've wanted to ask.

Anyway, here's the latest question regarding the SA setting: is there a character

archetype that's roughly analgous to the Spartan super-soldier (from the HALO

setting) in the game world?

Major Tom 2009

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything on the boards, so I'm sort of behind

on questions that I've wanted to ask.

Anyway, here's the latest question regarding the SA setting: is there a character

archetype that's roughly analgous to the Spartan super-soldier (from the HALO

setting) in the game world?

Major Tom 2009

*thinks*

*thinks some more*

At best guess, a combat clade would come closest. Although you might have genetically augmented humans with extensive bioware s well.

OK, I have to share this. My creative moments are few and far between enough to make this memorable.

One of the players from the original SA game posted yet another post-campaign story, which prompted me to respond:

Shadows Angelus: The Campaign That Just Wouldn't Die

Everyone, together (to the tune of "The Song That Doesn't End"):

This is the game that never ends,

It just goes on and on, my friends.

We thought that it was over when we beat up the big boss,

But we'll continue playing it forever just because

This is the game that never ends...

:D

Heh. So how many stories about Avalon have you written lately, old friend? :winkgrin:

I'm just secretly amused that I was the one who pushed you into playing Jama in the first place. :king:

We didn't bluebook back then! It was too hard to carve in those stone tablets.

And I don't recall you telling me to play Jama..... :think:

We didn't bluebook back then! It was too hard to carve in those stone tablets.

"We shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Mage?" :D

And I don't recall you telling me to play Jama..... :think:

You weren't sure what to play. I mentioned playing a version of Avalon, but you demurred. Then I mentioned the magic chick from Wagner's "Scissors, Paper, Stone" that you'd written up.

The rest is history... ;)

• 2 months later...

No, things kind of fell apart.

There were numerous reasons. Eosin has had to take a break from gaming for reasons that he can enumerate if he feels that it is something he wants to share with people outside our group. I am the primary care-giver for my 83-year-old mother and I just don't have the prep time I need for such an involved game. A couple of other members of our group have had real-life concerns that have made their regular attendance spotty. We've had to skip several regular sessions and play boardgames. Last week was the first real role-playing of any sort we tried when I ran one of the Hero Plus Pulp Hero adventures (very little prep needed). Even then only three or our regulars were there plus one newbie and myself.

I think we all enjoyed the game, enough in fact that the game may resume at a later date with one of the other players in our group taking over as the GM. I hope that happens since I would love to run a character in the setting.

Perhaps in a few months people's lives will get sorted out enough that we can resume our normal gaming.