Shadow Angelus

Edsel

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Shadow Angelus

There will be initial update of the SA II homepage tonight (Sunday the 17th). There is a lot of material to work with, however. Also, I'm splitting up Edsel's main file into many smaller ones, to make it easier to access and read.

BETA SECTOR

Beta Sector is a primarily residential area with neighborhoods that range from quaint to corporate compounds that isolate themselves from the rest of the sector. The middle class residents come from a variety of backgrounds including city employees, dock foremen, supervisors from Delta and Gamma Sectors, and numerous employees from the corporations with headquarters in Angelus. Of all the sectors, Beta is lacks any cohesive sense of community.

Buildings in Beta run the gamut from the pristine corporate highrises to the bland buildings of Morrow Residential Park. Some buildings are nearly as old as Angelus itself while others are recently constructed. Beta Sector isn’t so much a Sector as it is a collection of unique neighborhoods.

NEIGHBORHOODS

Cobble Road: Cobble Road is a pedestrian open market where fresh foods and local products can be purchased. Fish markets, produce, microbreweries, and restaurants are the most common businesses of the area. The Cobble Road business district is a narrow strip running just over one mile. Many Angelians come here for the festive atmosphere that flies in the face of the mega-city culture.

Dog Town: If there is a slum in Beta Sector, it would be the neighborhood known as Dog Town. The run down residential area is home to many elderly or retired persons who relocated here. Before the Omega Sector became the horror that it is today the area was a thriving artistic area but with the high murder rate and the inexplicable rash of spree killings, those who could afford to moved out. Dog Town abuts the Omega Zone containment wall driving down property values ensuring that what resident remained were unable to leave or mentally ill.

Gramercy Hill: Art is the soul of a community and if the cold metal juggernaut of Angelus has a soul, it is found in Gramercy Hill. Filled with painters, sculptors, writers, and musicians the area exudes an irresistible charm despite its rundown condition. The city has begun revitalizing the neighborhood over the protests of the residents who don’t want the soulless drab of the city culture to infect their haven. Unlike many other sections of Angelus the resident of Gramercy spend a good deal of time in the streets talking with friends and socializing on patios and outdoor work spaces. Painters visit with artisans working stained glass while writers discuss the merits of lyrics with street players. Gramercy Hill is within walking distance from Cobble Road and many visitors assume they are the same neighborhood.

Hexion Point: The corporate residence of the middle management of Hexion corporation. HP as it is known is a closed community with the company owning all the buildings as well as subsidizing police and fire. The enclave is close knit, and outsiders frequently find themselves speaking with police. HP has a public park where the children play as well as corporate owned health care centers, a private stop on the mag-lev, and free child care. Corporate citizens are provided for in many numerous ways to free them to spend more time devoted to productive, billable hours.

Morrow Residential Park: During the housing crisis of 2092 the city designed and built thousands of apartment units to shelter its middle class citizens. The result is the stale and uniform buildings that comprise Morrow Residential Park. Block after block of matching buildings lead to a monotony and sensory fatigue. The residents here are some of the most unhappy citizens of Angelus, even the residents of the worst sectors feel like they are unique and offer something special to Angelus but the residents of Morrow are invisible citizens that feel as if they will be replaced with another just like them should they fail to report to work. Some residents wonder if others would notice if they died or if life would continue around the body as if it were invisible.

Norton Park: This is a gated community where the researchers for Norton Defense live and frequently work. Like Hexion Point, the company attends to many amenities but where HP is insular, Norton Park is mocked as a Norton Penitently. Residents and visitors check in and out of the compound and thoroughfare is prohibited to everyone save for preapproved vehicles and public safety officials, even the computer terminals in private homes are filtered. Skynet Entertainment denies that they censor multimedia input but it is undeniable that many residents of Norton Park have never heard of popular shows or news stories. The world isn’t just cut off from Norton, the inhabitants of the compound are cut off from the world.

Seneca: A vibrant, youthful district that attracts young couples looking to start families. The Seneca neighborhood was built to support future generations of Angelenians. The schools in Seneca are some of the finest to be found in the world with top scores on placement tests and some fine upper division schools. A small college caters to those who want to remain neighborhood icons and offers diplomas in teaching and law. Museums and libraries are tucked into the corners while edutainment programs are filmed on location.

I'd prefer to have what I can get as soon as I can get it. Ideally I may be able to use some of it for game settings. In reality I probably won't actually do that since I never seem to have enought time. But at least if I have something to read I can still have hope.

Cool.

Edsel, I'll send things your way tonight.

I am going to start a city of Angelus thread to put the city in one place to hopefully garner some comments and ideas that'll help it grow.

Just a silly question for Eosin; What about Iota Sector? It is mentioned a few times in your City thread, but there is no section listing it's offerings.

Did I just overlook this?:confused:

Yeah, I somehow dropped Iota Sector.

The city book is now in its own thread so that I could own the front page of the thread and just edit in stuff as I wanted.

I just posted the new map.

Angelus City Thread

I have been reading this new thread, and that is why I asked about Iota Sector.

BTW, did you know that the "link" for the new map isn't really a link after all? Your post does not have any attachments.:confused:

Man' date=' it's gonna take forever to HTML all of this... ^_^[/quote']

Yeah, the city document is over 25 pages already and I'm still a month off from getting it complete. I figure it will be close to 70 pages when all is said and done. However, it'll be a fine city with some character, which is what I am trying to infuse now (unique NPCs, gangs, organizations). It should prove possible to run any number of campaigns within Angelus without needing to do too much work when I am done.

Hey, there is a new section: CAMPAIGN IDEAS/SEEDS

Have you seen what I've done so far?

Oh, and I am thinking of running SA IV, a short game set 5 years after the end of SA I. I am going to pitch it to the gaming group as something to try in between levels 1-10 and 11-20 of our D&D 4E game. I'll use full K5 2.0 rules as well. I was asked "why not run something set in K5" and my reply was "SA has everything I need to get the PCs together as a team. Starting a K5 game from scratch would require too much prep work."