My Craziest Idea Ever?

Lucius

Re: My Craziest Idea Ever?

I'm not sure we need megascale: it seems to me to be a way to do things that you can do anyway, but cheaper (as well as being a way to do things you should never do at all: megascale growth :rolleyes:).

Powers that 'need' megascale are rarely balanced anyway: this will kill everyone in a city, or at least all the normals:

Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, MegaScale Area (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1) (101 Active Points)

It costs about half what you would have to pay to do it with increased radius AoE:

Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (5120" Radius; +3 1/2) (202 Active Points)

If you change the megascale so that it can be scaled down the utility increases enormously and it only costs an extra 11 points. Why even bother with increased radius? It costs the same as a single level of megascale. Why bother having both in the system?

Maybe it is 'increased radius'* that should go, but I can not see why we should have both.

*and increased range and non combat multiples on movement

(hmm. how big does one have to get before the rotational speed of the earth has one's head traveling at the speed of light?)

If rotating at 1 revolution per day (86,400 seconds), you'd need a radius of ~4.1224 * 10^12 meters, or about 27.556 AU.

I don't have my books with me, but if I remember correctly, that would be about 615 points of Growth.

As for Megascaled Growth...Eh, hell with it; I'm not working it out. :P :p

Megascale Growth would certainly give a nice boost to presence attacks...

Countered to an extent, I feel, by the increased mass and rotational forces not being addressed by massively increased strength, causing your legs to snap like matchsticks and all your major organs to fail.

Sure, everyone would be staring in awe...however...

If rotating at 1 revolution per day (86,400 seconds), you'd need a radius of ~4.1224 * 10^12 meters, or about 27.556 AU.

I don't have my books with me, but if I remember correctly, that would be about 615 points of Growth.

As for Megascaled Growth...Eh, hell with it; I'm not working it out. :P :p

:rofl:

Of course at that size, you are not so much standing on the Earth as picking it out from under a toenail.

Countered to an extent, I feel, by the increased mass and rotational forces not being addressed by massively increased strength, causing your legs to snap like matchsticks and all your major organs to fail.

Sure, everyone would be staring in awe...however...

Your 'realistic physics' have no place in my complex world of timetravel and jet-powered apes.

Besides, the megascale would apply only to the height/width, not the weight. Because that's not measured in inches. And unless you buy side effects for the power, organ failure and other negative effects wouldn't be a factor either.

Your 'realistic physics' have no place in my complex world of timetravel and jet-powered apes.

Besides, the megascale would apply only to the height/width, not the weight. Because that's not measured in inches. And unless you buy side effects for the power, organ failure and other negative effects wouldn't be a factor either.

Well even with the base level of megascale your head is so far up in the clouds your ears will freeze and you won't be able to breathe properly.

Anyone who likes the idea of megascale growth, that's fine: knock yourself out :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

I Did It! Finally.

Okay. I've got an idea now! I'll post it when it's done.

IF it's ever done....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary predicts that A. The character will be done, eventually, and B. It will probably be an unviable useless exercise in pushing the limits of the system just to see them stretch out of shape.

Oh Yeah!? Take a look.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72238

Lucius Alexander

The puzzled palindromedary reminds Lucius that it was there the whole time