June 2nd

mojo_bones

Re: June 2nd

There are lots of other good PC games out there' date=' you know. :) Of course if you were set on doing your gaming in the living room, that's another matter.[/quote']But I already have all the PC games I'm interested in. :) I don't need a new PC as a PC, and I don't want a new PC as a gaming platform. I wanted an XBox 360 as a gaming platform, and now it seems Champions Online won't be available for that until some indeterminate point in the future...

Not the end of the world, but disappointing... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its more of a window then a set date.

Champions Online New Release Date

Posted by IronAngel

We wanted our fans to hear this from us first... We’re changing our Champions Online launch date from July 14th to September 1st of this year.

Personally I'd rather they release late with a decently working game then release with a toxic title. So far no MMO has had a problem free release so im not hoping for that but I would like a playable release. So I'm willing to wait for them to do a little fine tuning.

Its more of a window then a set date.

Personally I'd rather they release late with a decently working game then release with a toxic title. So far no MMO has had a problem free release so im not hoping for that but I would like a playable release. So I'm willing to wait for them to do a little fine tuning.

More than likely on the first and agreed on the second.

I'd just be happy to play an MMO that doesn't have endless grinding or harvesting for a change - I'm willing to wait however long it takes.

Hold that thought...but try not to be too disappointed....

I have faith that any good thing will get screwed up somehow ;)

Well' date=' even a hint at any amount of actual roleplaying on any MMO would be a refreshing change.[/quote']

You can roleplay in any MMO.

It is entirely in the hands of the players.

Which, of course, means you will never get an MMO where everyone, or even a majority, roleplays.

You can roleplay in any MMO.

It is entirely in the hands of the players.

Which, of course, means you will never get an MMO where everyone, or even a majority, roleplays.

Not exactly accurate, which is important.

You can characterize in a MMO, and this is entirely in the hands of the players. Which, as you point out, means that very few people characterize.

However, it's very difficult to tell a story or come up with any sort of plot other than the one that comes with the package in an MMO. Since telling a story is a very important part of roleplaying, it could very easily be argued that it's impossible to roleplay in just about any existing MMO.

If you can't tell a story, that removes a significant amount of the fun of characterizing your avatar well.

However' date=' it's very difficult to tell a story or come up with any sort of plot other than the one that comes with the package in an MMO. Since telling a story is a very important part of roleplaying, it could very easily be argued that it's impossible to roleplay in just about any existing MMO.[/quote']

Or if I paraphrase-

I can't justify killing 50 wandering creatures that appear to spend all their time standing and doing nothing else with a party of equally diverse versions of fighters (HTH fighter, long range fighter, sneaky fighter, magic fighter and occasionally a healing fighter) with any kind of narrative that makes any kind of sense. Certainly not when you are competing with other "diverse" types of fighter to kill the same flat, uninteresting creatures for the sole purpose of "raising levels" as though levels has anything at all to do with roleplaying.

Second Life has more roleplaying in it.