Thrilling Hero Adventures

Re: Thrilling Hero Adventures

To save searching, here's the rundown from the Introduction of the book. the contents are:

The Curse Of The Vulture-God, in which the heroes’ exploration of an ancient Egyptian tomb unleashes a terrifying evil they have to stop;

The Dordogne Zodiac, in which the heroes investigate a sinister, possibly prehistoric, cult;

The Fangs Of The Scarlet Serpent, which takes the heroes to the wilds of Malaysia to thwart an evil cult;

The Golden Idol Of Sikral, in which the heroes must safely negotiate a trap-filled underground temple to obtain a rich prize;

Inner-Earth, a “Hollow Earth” setting for the Pulp Hero world, complete with dinosaurs, Aztecs, Neanderthals, and much more;

The Locomotive Pirates, which pits the heroes against some daring bandits who are robbing trains and then mysteriously escaping;

The Malay Coins, in which some antique coins provide the heroes with a map to an even greater treasure — one that some other people are willing to kill to possess!;

Nazi Death-Zombies Of The Congo, in which the PCs discover that a series of zombie attacks on an African village are not quite what they seem;

Pterodactyls Over Broadway, in which a mad scientist’s fiendish schemes threaten the people of New York City;

The Radio Marauders, in which the heroes have to stop a gang of criminals equipped with Weird Science gadgets;

She-Fiends From Planet X!, the chronicle of a potential alien invasion of Earth that your PCs have to stop;

Spears Of The Tisangani, in which a crumbling old map leads the PCs to a mysterious lost civilization in the heart of Africa;

The Tablets Of Destiny, in which an ancient artifact brings the heroes face-to-face with a horror from Babylonian myth;

The Valley Of The Spider Queen, in which the heroes find themselves trapped in a hidden valley in Darkest Africa ruled by a mysterious woman who can command enormous spiders; and

The Voodoo Cross, wherein the heroes chase a stolen artifact right into the heart of voodoo-tormented Haiti.

The final section of the book is an Appendix containing rules for assembling, outfitting, and running expeditions into wilderness areas.

She-Fiends and the Appendix are new (though people've heard me talk about them over on the PH forum). The rest we've previously published as PDFs. Of course, for an actual book, we're going to have professionally-produced maps. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Thrilling Hero Adventures

I have to tell you, the book is going to be a real treat. As I've been working on the layout, I find myself getting caught up in the text and enjoying the very clever and diverse storylines Steve has put together. There are many, many hours of fun tucked away in these "episodic" adventures. Great stuff.

And, of course, I can't help but chuckle every time I work on the chapter entitled "Nazi Death-Zombies of the Congo!" I mean, what awesome villains. They're not just Nazis. They're not just zombies. They're Nazi Death-Zombies! Of the Congo, for crying out loud!