Demolition Dunphy: Where's the Love?!

fbdaury

Re: Demolition Dunphy: Where's the Love?!

I think there is another Power Broker treated character that can lift 12 tons but I cannot remember who. All the rest I thought were at 10 tons.

Well, different process but same creator: Armadillo was transformed into his form by Karl Malus, the guy that ran Power Broker's empowering process and Armadillo was 25 tons press according to OHOTMU Deluxe ed 1985.

I always liked D-Man. In fact in one of our Marvel-based Hero games I played the character.

I created a Teen Champs character for inclusion at the Markinson Academy that was his niece that idolized him and called herself Demolition Girl. :D

If I might ask' date=' how do we know D-Man was specifically "homaging" anyone in his costume? The character might not even know who DD and Wolvy are.[/quote']

He actually said Dare Devil. I don't think he mentioned Wolverine. That was more coincidence.

...and since I just wrote him, I ought to know better. Let me look...

OK. Got it. He is Class 10 Strength. Which in Marvel's old FASERIP system translates to Incredible (40). Which is where I got the 40 ton figment from.

He is class 10 strength. Which means he can lift about 10 tons without Pushing. About STR 43 in Hero system.

/Geek

OHTTMU listed his strength at 15 tons. He was written up in a suppliment or two (possibly a Dragon Magazine issue) and given an Amazing strength.

He was an everyman type hero. A regular guy who wanted to be extrordinary that was how he got convinced to take the Power Broker treatment.

When he helped Captain America investigate the Power Broker he was OD'd on the process and had a massive heart attack; though Captain America saved him he basically had a weak ticker afterwards and great strain would cause him to feint, blackout, or of course, have another heart attack.

I greatly preferred his wrestling costume.

/Geek

oh and Todd Nauck's a fan Avengers: Demoltion Man

OHTTMU listed his strength at 15 tons. He was written up in a suppliment or two (possibly a Dragon Magazine issue) and given an Amazing strength.

He's talking about US Agent lifting 10 Tons.

We established further up thread that D-Man can lift 15.